• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs. C Falcon

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Right now I'm having very much trouble with a captain falcon. I was curious for any input on this match up and how to work around his prioritised ariels and grab comboes. ANY suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
I'll let you know his Up + B is a pain when he spams it, same with Ganondorf...
You could try opening combos with a close-up, almost-melee turnip to get that little lag time, assuming that A) your C. Falcon opponent will side-step/side-roll or B) he will get hit by it with not too much knockback, and hopefully he won't just catch it...
I don't play too much C. Falcon, sorry.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Edgegaurding with bair is easy against him. Simply grabbing the edge works to.

Chaingrab him with your u-throw, combo with uair, dash attack. D-Smash works really well against him since he's a fast faller.

Not much else I can say.

timbu

Smash Apprentice
that's about it right? maybe one of the easier chain grabs in the game. try not to jump too much cause if you get knee'd at like 75% you can die.

thesage basically got it down...upthrow...downsmash...edgeguard

edub

Smash Apprentice
i like to edge guard falcons with downsmash. most players will not sweet spot the up b to get on the edge. just keep spamming c-stick down in case they wall tech

another thing i found useful was dash attack. whenever the falcon is dash dancing, go ahead and charge the falcon. with your dash attack, you out prioritize all of his aerials. once you get the initial dash attack off, go ahead and combo with neutral a slaps at low %

and of course a crucial part is to chain throw. not only does it rack up damage, but it upsets the falcon player, which will throw off their game play.

anyways, with these tactics, i've been pretty successful against c falons

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon does really well against peach
so its a hard match up
you can't really spam to many Turnips cause he will come up and nair combo you
Peachs up smash cuts through the knee if its out at all
I learned that when I played against Sastopher
up tilt works nicely
Grab a lot
if the Falcon is a slow Shuffler then Shield grab the hell out of him
Float cancle Nair works well to
other than that dont get *****

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Im also having trouble with falcon's throw comboes. I'm not sure how to DI them, especially his dthrow. Is Falcon able to knee peach after his dthrow, and if so at what percentages?

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
After a certain percents, Peach can play mindgames with C Falcon by either DIing up or down off his dthrow. DIing up will make her go too high to be hit by a shorthop knee and DIing down, she'll slip just underneath a full jump knee. If you DI down and your opponent goes for the knee, you are all set. If you DI down, it's almost impossible for Falcon to tell the difference between these two DIs. However it is a guessing game and you can thread the needle and not get hit by his knee.

Falcon seems to have been getting a lot better over the years. Word of advice though, Ban FD. Pokemon Stadium isn't a good place to fight him either.

Stages with platforms are your friends. Smaller levels (in length of playing surface) like Fountain of Dreams also good too.

Cia

das kwl
This is one of my worst match ups ever. They say they say peach is a clear cut counter to Captain Falcon. I don't believe that at all. But when I do win against captain falcon's it's because i let him come to me. when he's getting ready to make his approach wether it's with N-air or F-air, a F-smash is pretty much guaranteed to intercept him. If the falcon is at mid to low percentages, it's shouldn't be hard to follow up with a chain grab. I noticed that only when playing falcon, my battle style changes completely. And always keep ur distance. Falcon can easily Zero to death combo peach.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
most of peach's attack generally have more priority than C.Falcon.. when playing C.Falcons i find the Dash-A to be very valuable.. it usually puts him on his back leaving you free to play around with him

C.Falcon is a very easy character to edge gaurd especially with peach's turnips.. i suggest not trying to float off the stage.. just use turnips to edgegaurd

C.Falcon's best move is probably his f-air (the "lightning knee") so don't try float above him too much or you'll find yourself kneed in the face a lot

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
After you play Falcon a while, you get used to the timing to hit him before hit fair or dair comes out. And the timing is surprisingly similar for the nair too, assuming you hit between kicks.

This matchup is all about patience. Falcon is way faster than you, but you are much less laggy and your moves come out way faster. This is what you need to abuse. Play fairly quick, but don't be overagressive.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
After you play Falcon a while, you get used to the timing to hit him before hit fair or dair comes out. And the timing is surprisingly similar for the nair too, assuming you hit between kicks.

This matchup is all about patience. Falcon is way faster than you, but you are much less laggy and your moves come out way faster. This is what you need to abuse. Play fairly quick, but don't be overagressive.
I was just practicing against a C. Falcon which i easily beat beforehand, and I figured out why i couldnt now. I was being much to aggressive and approaching too aften, abusing floating and ariels(as far as this matchup is concerned) and not using dash attack enough. Dash attack is a godsent in this matchup, I hit him about three times with in a row at fairly low percents(cant remember exactly)with it. Also, the steroid popper is very easily chaingrabbed, and imo the match up is in peach's favor either way, platforms or not. With platforms he cant pull of his chain comboes as easily, but without platforms, if you grab him around 40 percent hes dead(cg). His recovery is easily canceled by peach, and turnips work wonders, and as X-Threilyss said, stay on the stage and wait for him to approach the edge, punish his recovery when hes on land or edge hog him. I found this out the hard way. Overall, cfalcon's nair has more priority then any of peach's ariels, and should be shielded. Be defensive and wait for him. Spam turnips to mess with him. Well, pretty much restating what you guys said. Thanks for the help.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I was just practicing against a C. Falcon which i easily beat beforehand, and I figured out why i couldnt now. I was being much to aggressive and approaching too aften, abusing floating and ariels(as far as this matchup is concerned) and not using dash attack enough. Dash attack is a godsent in this matchup, I hit him about three times with in a row at fairly low percents(cant remember exactly)with it. Also, the steroid popper is very easily chaingrabbed, and imo the match up is in peach's favor either way, platforms or not. With platforms he cant pull of his chain comboes as easily, but without platforms, if you grab him around 40 percent hes dead(cg). His recovery is easily canceled by peach, and turnips work wonders, and as X-Threilyss said, stay on the stage and wait for him to approach the edge, punish his recovery when hes on land or edge hog him. I found this out the hard way. Overall, cfalcon's nair has more priority then any of peach's ariels, and should be shielded. Be defensive and wait for him. Spam turnips to mess with him. Well, pretty much restating what you guys said. Thanks for the help.
Dash attack will beat nair if you time it right. Ftilt will work too if he doesn't space properly.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just a reminder: peach's usmash has some of the greatest priority ever.

i find this matchup to be a battle between falcon's spacing and combo skills vs peach's careful balance of defense and aggression. there's a lot of rock paper scissors here, like with what redsoxfan3 said about DI up/down.

IMO, there's also a rock paper scissors game with peach's usmash. timed right, peach's usmash will outprioritze any and every approach that falcon has in store. especially wd back usmash. it stops nairs and knees, the two main horizontal approachers that falcon can safely and viably use. it can also stop dairs but it's more difficult to time. however, it doesnt stop grabs... turnips and dash attacks do.

just be very careful of his shffl approaches. if you get the right feel for spacing you can start up devastating chain grabs and combos of your own. he's VERY easy to edgeguard. people underrate dsmash simply because it may be easy to walltech. but remember:
- if he doesn't walltech, he's dead for sure.
- if he does a regular wall tech, the only thing he can do is upB again, which is difficult to time for him unless he is a fast thinker and able to sweetspot again. still easy to edgeguard.
- if he does a wall jump tech, follow his recovery and knock him back off. this is the hardest option to deal with... but still not very hard, lol.

turnips in this matchup? useful for pressure, but not completely necessary. use them sparingly, and as always, beware of good turnip catchers.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Edgegaurding with bair is easy against him. Simply grabbing the edge works to.

Chaingrab him with your u-throw, combo with uair, dash attack. D-Smash works really well against him since he's a fast faller.

Not much else I can say.
at very low percent. 0-15 U throw to D Smash. 30+ Up throw to nair.

Chain grab at abouit 55 damage till 80 (upthrow). You have to be able to read where he is DIing, and smash run quickly...its not automatic.

This is an easy matchup, peach should win.

---Get falcon off the stage as top priority, a B throw on the edge at 60 damage could be a death if you float to bair as edge hog.

Top Bottom