• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Training Routine

Sir_Slice

Smash Cadet
I would like to create a short and sweet peach training routine for daily practice (around 30 minutes.) I will put what I already have with duration for now, however it is subject to change. I would like ideas for this routine from the peach community here. Let me know if I should explain something more clearly or concisely or if I'm plainly using the wrong diction.

Abbreviations:
WD- Wavedash
DD- Dash dance
FC- Float Cancel
OOS- Out of Shield
DJ- Double Jump
DJC- Double Jump Cancel
DJL- Double Jump Land
Nair/ Fair/ Bair/ Uair- Neutral/ Forward/ Backward/ Up

Movement
Land on platform with DJL (30 seconds)
Waveland/ Airdodge messing around (1 minutes)
WD OOS (30 seconds)
Run up shield WD back
Shield Dropping (1 minute)

Attacks
Dash- Grounded FCnair 1 minute
DSmash over and over no lag between (30 seconds)
Jab-Grab-DSmash- FC Nair AFTER All FC attacks grounded mid and high (3 Minutes)

Recovery Options

DJ Regrab edge (let go of edge, DJ, and regrab) ( DJ'ing from different distances from stage) 30 seconds
DJ Waveland 30 seconds
Parasol Sweetspot 30 seconds
Float to ledge 15 seconds
WD to ledge 15 seconds
Tournament winner fadeback 30 seconds
Mess around with whacky recovery options (toad, p-bomber, etc) for fun

Punish game

For each enemy you will practice different things about them more or less depending on the characters weight class.

The fast fallers (Fox, Falco, CF) will be completely different to combo from the floatier characters (sheik, marth, IC, peach.)
See what happens at different percents when you D-tilt, dash attack, D-Smash, and up-throw as these are your most important combo starting moves.

Final destination is different for comboing because of the lack of platforms always keep that in mind.

Watch this video for tips on getting sick combos on the fast-fallers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AD5VY2peas

I would recommend over many different practices to combo the level 1 non 20xx or vanilla fox. Start him at different percents and see what you can do. For example at 0 percent you can practice grounded bair into dmash into techchase. If he lands on a platform attempt an autocanceled upair or waveland to grab. Overall keep watching armada and study his combos. Analyzing his punish game is the only way to success.

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
Slight correction, DJC is not the same thing as DJL. OOS-DJC-DSmash should be called 'DJL Dsmash oos'. Also that use of DJL isnt a prince pivot

SYKM

Smash Rookie
I like that you separated FC aerials into grounded and mid-level, I think it's important to practice FC aerials at different heights, with/without fast falling, etc.

I'm personally trying to incorporate NIL/general platform movement, LFFN's edge guard discoveries, and parasol combo extenders into my training, so I would love to see that stuff included as well.

Overall, I think this is a great tech skill training regimen. I'm just a pleb but this looks similar to the routine I drew up for myself.

P.S. I think knitting/panning should be listed as well. Learning the timing so that you don't throw away the wrong turnips can be really useful.

Last edited:

Sir_Slice

Smash Cadet
I'll add knitting/panning when I get the hang of it XD. I'll keep working at it. Its been very hard for me so far.
I put a punish game section up I'd appreciate it if peeps could write some sections on training the punish game on specific characters or in general.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
I'll add knitting/panning when I get the hang of it XD. I'll keep working at it. Its been very hard for me so far.
I put a punish game section up I'd appreciate it if peeps could write some sections on training the punish game on specific characters or in general.
As much as I like people using these next gen tactics, i strongly suggest ignoring them until you're already doing well at tournaments. Don't make the same mistake I did by focusing on them too soon lol

Sir_Slice

Smash Cadet
I get that; kinda like getting great at the multishine. Not exactly a total game-changer or as important as other critical tech (shield dropping, or other hard sick tech.)

Madcatz McGee

Smash Rookie
I really like this training pattern a lot. I've been struggling with finding a dedicated training pattern and I think I'll implement this for a month or so and see how it goes. Thanks for posting!

Top Bottom