• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tech: IRCOOF

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Hello, lovelies! Gagelax here with another cool peach tech called IRCOOF, or Item Re-Catch Out Of Float. Here is a video displaying IRCOOF. http://youtu.be/jQwa7MNuISE

To perform:

1. Turnip Pull, or have any item in hand. (i.e. Diddy's banana)
2. Float in place or float backwards.
3. Let go of float.
4. Z-Drop the turnip.
5. Hit a. (Or whatever your attack button is mapped to.)

This tech is specifically a mind-game / mix-up. It is a great addition to your movement. One use I have found with this tech is to use it as a fake-out. If your opponent is shielding while you have an item in hand, you can do IRCOOF to confuse them and possibly bait them into dropping shield, allowing you to hit them with the item.

As for offensive purposes, there are a few setups. An example of one is to IRCOOF then throw the turnip again to hit them. This is true depending on how you ircoof and provides AMAZING pressure with stitchfaces.

If you pull a saturn, IRCOOF is EXTREMELY good as you can pressure them and break shields AND have no worries about them stealing it or having to recatch it.

Overall, while this tech has few competitive uses, it is a neat peach trick to add to your arsenal to help you stay tricky and unpredictable.

Credit goes to Lameduck/Erio for discovering and showing me this tech.

I would love to hear and appreciate all feedback; stay peachy!

Last edited:

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
UPDATE:

While IRCOOF is a very creative tool and option and can be used in many different ways, the best movement option I have found is to do as such:

Dash Forward -> Cancel Dash With Float -> Float Backwards -> IRCOOF

The dash forward allows you to compensate for the distance you move backwards, allowing you to start at about the same place.

If you have any other suggestions for movement options or ways to use the tech, please share!

Stay peachy.

Top Bottom