• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach recovery on Final Destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I've never seen this utilized before, so maybe it's nearly useless (which I'd have to disagree with), or hardly anyone knows that it's possible; Peach can forward-B her way up the bottom of FD. It's kind of tricky, since the bottom of the stage is curved, but it is possible to make it all the way up the stage from the very bottom solid piece. The difficulty comes in that the wall's border isn't well defined, as it keeps moving and you won't bounce off if you're pressed against it, but it is, in fact, one solid piece that doesn't change with the animation.

Useful if you're spiked and your doublejump and up+B won't make it back to the stage. Just float on over, bomb your way up, and sweetspot the ledge with an up+B.

EDIT: Not to mention it's either than normal to climb up, considering it's curved outwards towards you.

Zoap

Smash Master
most know this and it isnt so useful simply because ur i easy to kill as ur doing it. Fox shine or someone wit good vertical recovery can just go down just interupt ur foward b wit their body or an attack. its ok though if ur not playing someone good

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
True, but the fact of the matter is that you have a chance to recover. Do you take it or just let yourself die? Not to mention it can also drain some of the time if you're ahead and need to rely on a time win.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I can only do two wall bombs after a spike and I still don't have the height necessary to make it up. (It takes a jump to get high enough to the spot where you can start wall bombings) Can you really do more than two on final D?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I can only do two wall bombs after a spike and I still don't have the height necessary to make it up. (It takes a jump to get high enough to the spot where you can start wall bombings) Can you really do more than two on final D?
You can do it from a 3/4 of the way down almost. It's possible on all of the "solid" wall that you can see.

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
Peach's wallbomb is sooooo broken.

You know it is legal to kill someone, jump off the stage (on FD), float below the stage and to the other side, then use your double jump, than stall with wallbombs for a bit while ur opponent uses up their invincibility frames, and then ^B recover. Why is this legal u may well ask. The rule states that u can use wallbombing as means of movement. Therefore, you are using it to climb up FD (which takes a couple of wallbombs, long enough for opponent to lose invincibilty). BROKEN!

Oh, and u can use it to stall a bit if the opponent is grabing the ledge.

I <3 wallbombs.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
True, but the fact of the matter is that you have a chance to recover. Do you take it or just let yourself die? Not to mention it can also drain some of the time if you're ahead and need to rely on a time win.
Best to die by your own effort for recovery then dieing by someone spiking you. >>

Yeah, but it can be tricky. Like Jihnsius said, it's tricky. lower you are, the harder it is to come back up. The best thing you can do is just keep wallbombing without moving left or right. You can move away from the wall, but do it slightly, because if you pull back too far, your peach bomber won't make it to the wall.

Peach's wallbomb is sooooo broken.

You know it is legal to kill someone, jump off the stage (on FD), float below the stage and to the other side, then use your double jump, than stall with wallbombs for a bit while ur opponent uses up their invincibility frames, and then ^B recover. Why is this legal u may well ask. The rule states that u can use wallbombing as means of movement. Therefore, you are using it to climb up FD (which takes a couple of wallbombs, long enough for opponent to lose invincibilty). BROKEN!

Oh, and u can use it to stall a bit if the opponent is grabing the ledge.

I <3 wallbombs.
You can, and it is legal, but I wouldn't really do it. See, as Mew2king explained in his SSB:M statics, Peach has a limit of how many times she'll go up while Wallbombing. At the early 20s (I think), the wallbomber will slowly make her move down then up, screwing you in the process. Not to mention the oppponent will make a gusty move to spike you while you stall.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
On fd a good edge mindgame is to fast fall off the edge when on the edge and immediately afterward bomb, it confuses my opponents sometimes as its not very expected and its easy to do quickly when practiced.

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
Yeah, the Wallbomb of FD is quite as useful as it might seem. There is the problem as Rockin explained, but a wiley Fox (which you will end up playing in a serious tourney) can shinespike you with surprising ease. Props if you can do it perfectly everytime though.

Wallbomb mindgames decently. Throwing at the edge every once in a while can throw off someone, but it is easily punished.

Though on Earthbound Fourside you can actually infinite wallbomb-stall with ease due to the small gap between buildings. Though your friends will hate you for it and the stage is banned by MLG and most other tourneys.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
omg that is awesome.

and yeah.... edrees didnt know it... wow...

and plus there are characters that cant get to you when you're doing it, like... i bet DK and bowser cant. and... yeah lol

Peaches

Smash Lord
THAT was my problem. Always DIing towards the stage. WOW that litlte trick has done it. THANKS.
Yeah, I had that problem first couple times I tried it, then I said screw it. One day I got shine spiked at Fourside and I actually came back up wallbombing randomly:laugh: . For some reason he didn't shine spike me again, I guess he hadn't heard about wallbombing to recover.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
About the losing recovery after 20 times bit: I've done it much more than twenty times while stalling for time and still been able to recover. Besides, even if was to lose recoverability after 20 times, you'd more than likely be fine to just do an up+B to cover the rest of the distance.

Fox is the only character to really watch out for while doing this, as he can shinespike and recover without even trying. Every other character's spike will probably end up killing them, as they'd have to drop lower than the stage itself to hit you with the spike.

Thinking about it, since the bottom of the stage is slightly curved, I'm sure a bair from certain characters could send you back to hit the wall and bounce down/outwards, ruining all chance of recovery. But even still, a bair that low off the stage might have no chance of recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom