• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Edge Gaurds

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
1. Insta-Float fairs at the edge, simple and effective
2. Insta-Float bairs off of the edge, psuedo wall-of-pain
3. Insta-float nair off edge, good against Fast-fallers
4. Insta-float dairs when someone is recovering from below, then use any other edgegaurd or repeat
5. Dsmash semi-spike, tooooo easy, but techable
6. Fsmash, Fsmash, Fsmash
7. Turnip spam, ruins almost every recovery
8. Grab->Fthrow if your oppenent doesn't sweetspot
9. Dtilt if your feeling lucky
10. Dash attack a missed sweetspot->whatever situational move floats your boat
11. Z-dropped turnip to edgehog
12. Up-throw turnip to edgehog
13. Stage-spike with Umbrella or uair, not practical at all though
14. That's all i can think of right now, post new/weird/funny ones and i'll update the list
*all insta-float edgegaurds can also be non-floated as well, but fair is kinda dangerous >_<

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
Nice list, you should emphasise the most important ones such as instant float Bair and turnip spam. It is better to edge hog than to Dair off the edge in most cases. Fast fallers (Cfalcon, Falco, fox) are more vunerable to Instant float bairs and turnips. Good list though (b^-^)b

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
- Before going for the edgehog, throw a turnip upwards
- For an opponent that tries to come from way below, just throw a turnip down there
- against sweetspotters, run off the edge, and use a nair below stage level
- jump off the edge, and bair your opponent under the stage

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
i agree edgehog is better than dair, but i played someone who couldn't ledgetech and it was funnier than hell to dair them three times and then fair to kill em, lol

dark-war-cloud

Smash Journeyman
peachs d-smash can hit a sweet spotted up-b with its broken priority... for those of you who dont know what priority is, its how a move over powers a move... thats why peach is broken..

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Yea, my dsmash gets teched so often I barely use it to edgeguard anymore =/

Cycle fsmash until you get a frying pan before using it to actually edgeguard. Because you won't get anything twice in a row, your next one will always be either golf club or tennis racket, which are both far superior to the frying pan when edgeguarding.

Mythos

Smash Cadet
I got one .. not that useful but in many cases hard to tech and funny ^^
works not on ever stage, but e.g. on FD :
Go below the stage and wait for you oppenent, then use the umbrella to smash
him against the stage

This makes a lot of fun <(^.^)>

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Pull a turnip, float cancel an edge grab, and wait for their move. If they come in from below, hit em with a turnip, if from behind, bair turn around with a turnip throw and fair them. If they still seem like they'll make the ledge, just let go of jump for an instant edgehog and some invincibility frames.

Mythos

Smash Cadet
a method :
(enemy is under you)

Run to the edge, time your down b so that you're pulling the turnip in the air,
drop it, float ( your looking away from the stage ) and if the enemy comes again
hit him with Bair. If he's still alive use up B to hit him and grab the ledge...

Cort

Apple Head
z-dropping turnips against people that like to save their double jumps until they're right near the edge is pretty effective. It's possible to wd off and z drop a turnip in hand before grabbing the ledge, but what I do most of the time is just float near the ledge and fastfall to it/z drop it as the opponent approaches. Works pretty good against Marths.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I've always found it humorous to keep bairing someone off the stage and making witty comments about how they can't get enough of Peach's ***.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Float -> dair -> nair
Backwards float -> dair -> bair
Float -> dair -> misplaced uair (to knock them horizontal instead of vertical)
Float -> dair -> turnip

I like floating dair combos. :) Other cool ones:

Dtilt meteor (nobody expects it!)
DJC Nair at the edge
DJC Bair at the edge
Usmash if they go over my head
Floating Bair WoP
Grab -> fthrow
Ha-cha attack if I'm screwing around

Kman25

Smash Ace
Well another way to edgeuard say aginst Samus or Marth, Is to roll to edge and toss a turnip downwards, Instead of the turnip going into the floor you will actually toss it downwards to the opponent trying to recover, Sometimes I do it with Samus but I wouldnt recommend, Kinda useless xD

Top Bottom