• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach counters

Hamsterpie

Smash Apprentice
I need help. I do fairly well with most other characters, but when i'm up against a peach, i have some serious trouble. A whole lot of my approaches suddenly sick for some reason. I dont even know what part of peach's gameplay i have the most trouble with... i'll start comboing, and then all of a sudden i'll lose a stock.
I play falco, samus, ganon, and jiggs well. I can also do decently with Doc, fox, and i'm picking up marth.
I do okay on every level except Fountain of Dreams.
So...
What are some good character/stage counterpicks vs. peach?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
apparently ganon does well vs peach.
I've learned that you must not let her fc attack your shield. that's a common peach tactic. ganon has a few good things that he can do, retreat fair, full jump rising dair to double jump aerial. also, upb from shield is a great interrupt move.

peaches love to kill ganon with the nuetral air, I still haven't found out a way to avoid this one, ummm I'll wait until a peach player voices what she hates most about fighting ganon.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Ganon just utterly gets owned by turnips. If you can catch and learn to get around them to some degree, you'll do fine. Take Peach to small stages where her horizontal recovery doesn't shine. For Marth, an obvious choice is Yoshi's, which works pretty well for Fox as well, due to the painfully low roof. I would actually suggest Fountain of Dreams for Falco, but eh. Partly personal preference. I find the moving platforms help Falco control the stage better. Or it seems that way against all the Falcos I play. If you carry significant confidence in your space animals, then FD is a good choice... Waveshining automatically nets you a kill from usmash if the Peach is at high percent. Princess Peach's Castle, is (oh the irony) also a nice counter pick against Peach with Fox. Walls for easy shine, but the following usmash can be teched. Overall, none of the chars you play are utterly destroyed by Peach. If you want to win against Peach, just camp like a *****.

Top Bottom