• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Counter Pick

ChuDat you're my hero

Smash Rookie
What is a counter character for Peach? I main Ice Climbers ,but am ready to use a new character to get any sort of advantage against Peach.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Spam, disjointed hitbox, you're fast, spam and YLink has like no real ground game except D-smash, dash attack, jab, u-tilt and occasional throws (his other tilts and smashes are fairly meh) so he's not likely to get caught in the destructo-dress since he's just never on the ground when he fights. Boomerang ***** up her floating. You outspam her. Also there are little things like how N-air eats through turnips. Also, you outspam her. Disjointed hitbox gives you some safety in distance (even if the knife thing he uses is tiny). Spam. YLink can actually KO veritcally with d-air and u-air and has the speed and overwhelming spam to get it to the percentages when u-air kills. Spam.

I personally use Sheik as a second with ICs. Sheik does well versus Marth, about even versus Peach, well versus Jiggs and well versus Samus so she does a good job of handling ICs' rough matchups but if this would just be for Peach then Young Link is fairly good, as is Marth.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Y.Link and Link aren't good choices for your second since they don't counter some of the IC's real threats i recommend picking up either a Marth or a Sheik they can handle the rough matches...

Or bowser o.O

Soma

Smash Journeyman
Really the key difference between Y. Link and Link in this match up is weight and speed. Y. Link's speed makes spamming alot easier than regular Link, its the difference between having Peach in your grill all day and not. Oh, a Y. Link's D-tilt is a spike... just bit of extra info.

ChuDat you're my hero

Smash Rookie
Hmm... Okay I'm going to train with Sheik now, i have a tourney coming up and figure that its easier to master some of Sheiks combos by then. After the tourney I'm gonna pick up Y.Link.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
LOL if I can give you any advice in this game at all, it's to NOT USE IC's VS PEACH!! possibly worst matchup for any character in the game.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
LOL if I can give you any advice in this game at all, it's to NOT USE IC's VS PEACH!! possibly worst matchup for any character in the game.
Actually, I choose ICs when I want to counter Peach. It seems to work out great that way, I don't know how though. But anyways I'd use Young Link and spam bombs/Boomerangs and taunts.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Actually, I choose ICs when I want to counter Peach. It seems to work out great that way, I don't know how though. But anyways I'd use Young Link and spam bombs/Boomerangs and taunts.
Please, PLEASE show me a video of your IC's beating Peach. I could definitely learn from that LOL

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Bowser vs IC is even worse... where is the matchuplist that at least I have seen earlier on smashboards?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
no, he meant ic's beats bowser worse than ic's beat peach. which is probably true, lol.

for the more technical players out there, i recommend fox or falcon. they do a bit better than sheik against peach, IMO, but the matchups are all about even anyway. it's just that fox's and falcon's overwhelming tech-skill speed is a great asset to an IC player, who already knows how to space and grab. your best bet is to run circles around her using what knowledge you already have using IC's.

the problem with falcon, sheik, and young link, though... they can get beaten by foxes. therefore...

my favorite secondary (for tournaments and counter-picking purposes) is fox. fox does consistently against peach, sheik, falcon, and goes even with marth. of course, picking the game's best character is always a good choice for a secondary, xD. so here's a tip to IC players using fox as a secondary: learn the basics of a FOX DITTO. it may help you some day.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
yeah, that doesn't really count as a good match vid the peach wasn't that good i would recommend u counterpick with a Marth or Sheik, and jigglypuff. Ylink comes close to beating a peach but not close to 2 stocking her like marth, thats y hes like the best pick.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i say pick up jiggs or wave dash out of ur light sheild after she tries the down smash and u will beat her....thats what i learned after watching chu dat

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Wow taking a look into this post made me laugh. I play the IC's main and i picked up sheik within the past week. Overall the two styles I play have similarities and help me remember to DD more and what not. But yes definitly after practice sheik proves to be a good second choice for IC players.

Lol not to mention spamming needles is jus as fun as iceblocks :p

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Ylink is good but the thing you need to remember about counters is that you can get counterpicked as well. Say you do a double blind 1st match, you go ICs and your opponent goes Peach. You lose. Opponent stays Peach so you go Young Link. You win. You stay YL and opponent goes Fox. You lose the game and the match.

I'm mastering Fox for those times I think I might get counterpicked as Fox can't get counterpicked. :)

Top Bottom