• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach changes throughout the development of Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
A bit of insider info, and this time about Peach. Peach looked completely different in the early development stages of Brawl. By different, I mean more scantily clad in this case. Minidress and skimpy underwear., as seen in some sports titles. I have no info weather this was plain programmer mischief, or if Sakurai's team simply wanted a more "adult" style. My contact told me that he thought it was the latter, but that's only my contact's guess and we won't know for sure what Sakurai's team was thinking.

However, Nintendo wasn't very pleased as you could easily catch a glimpse Peach's bare butt during normal gameplay. She was always having about the same moveset however (as Melee), so that was never tampered with. It's strange though, because a bare butt is nothing more than a T rating. Yet they couldn't keep it. I asked my contact about this and he said that it most probably was because this is a fighting game. In the past, Peach has showed off her butt in the Japanese versions of some sports titles for the GameCube, but as this is a fighting game it was going to be a lot more visible, even during normal gameplay. (because fighting games have a lot more movement and animations than golf, tennis or skiing)

What can we get from this except a raised eyebrow or two? Well, it's interesting that Nintendo are STILL censoring their games so much. And this also brings up another question to the table. Was Peach's golf/tennis and SSX-oufit merely programmer mischief that was corrected to the western version? Or was it approved by Nintendo?

Eek A Mouse

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure the same thing was confirmed to have happened with Melee, and they simply had used the minidress outfit to make the bodyparts easier to see to make sure the animations were running smoothly. Of course I could just have made this up, thinking I'd heard it somewhere, but I'm sure I heard it.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think it was interesting to know about, especially considering that it was NOT censored in some other games. And the mindress also had physics, just like her dress has. You do the math. >_>

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
(Whistles) To be fair, in Japan and the UK, standards aren't quite as tight as here in the States. You never know.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
(Whistles) To be fair, in Japan and the UK, standards aren't quite as tight as here in the States. You never know.
True. In the US, they let violence run loose instead. In Europe, we have more tolerance to suggestive themes. But I seriously doubt they'll have completely different Peach models for different versions of the game.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, lets see. . .

Do we see Mario in battle gear like in strikers charged?

Seems pretty clear that this Peach is the most well known design of her so I take it as Nintendo saying "keep it closer to her original design" and not them just cencoring. I mean, just look at Zero. . . I remember actually seeing a very slight crease inbetween her legs in a pic of her and Snake. (Plus, her suite is skin tight:p) And who knows, if the devs like it enuff it might be some unlockable alternet if these ever happened.

Reminds me of the "Peach Booty Jiggle" cheat in GC strikers.

Shuma

Smash Hero
He is the one that sayd Sonic would be confirmed today/yesterday. So yeah, aniway.. again!?

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
This was just FYI. Interesting fact. Interesting how Nintendo acts and thinks. Of course this is far from as big as the Sonic news.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I still don't believe this person.

Did any of you know Meta-Knight was black before he was shown on the Dojo? Apparently they changed him to that blue colour he is now.

Strange. It's almost like I made that up because none of you's can prove me wrong..

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I still don't believe this person.

Did any of you know Meta-Knight was black before he was shown on the Dojo? Apparently they changed him to that blue colour he is now.

Strange. It's almost like I made that up because none of you's can prove me wrong..
I dunno. He did somewhat predict the Dojo update AND a Brawl demo in playable form. But I see what you're saying.

For the record, I completely believe you have some sort of insider source, Nya. You should make a thread titled 'Nya's Insider Information on Brawl" or something. You do have some sort of credibility, so I doubt it would be closed. :)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I dunno. He did somewhat predict the Dojo update AND a Brawl demo in playable form. But I see what you're saying.

For the record, I completely believe you have some sort of insider source, Nya. You should make a thread titled 'Nya's Insider Information on Brawl" or something. You do have some sort of credibility, so I doubt it would be closed. :)
Predicting a demo is like predicting Luigi's going to be in Brawl.

And the predicting Sonic thing?

A few hours before the Dojo updated, guess what you could see on IGN?

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826130p1.html

What's that? Sonic was confirmed on IGN before the Dojo? So someone could come over here, pretend to be an "Insider", and predict a Sonic Update?

Strange.

What's Tomorrows and Fridays update going to be?

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Predicting a demo is like predicting Luigi's going to be in Brawl.

And the predicting Sonic thing?

A few hours before the Dojo updated, guess what you could see on IGN?

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826130p1.html

What's that? Sonic was confirmed on IGN before the Dojo? So someone could come over here, pretend to be an "Insider", and predict a Sonic Update?

Strange.

What's Tomorrows and Fridays update going to be?
err, Nya predicted that Dojo update 2(3?) days prior to it actually happening.....what are you talking about?

And I guess the demo thing was stretching it a bit, with NP and possibly IGN getting a hands-on soon enough.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
err, Nya predicted that Dojo update 2(3?) days prior to it actually happening.....what are you talking about?

And I guess the demo thing was stretching it a bit, with NP and possibly IGN getting a hands-on soon enough.
"Predicting" is not the right word for it. Guessing is.

Think about it. A big Nintendo conference. Brawl playable. Sonic with his 99.9% chance of being included.

Guessing that he'll be the Wednesday update isn't that much of a feet. People guessed that at every other Nintendo conference. Just happened that it was right this time.

It wasn't inside knowledge, it was luck.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
"Predicting" is not the right word for it. Guessing is.

Think about it. A big Nintendo conference. Brawl playable. Sonic with his 99.9% chance of being included.

Guessing that he'll be the Wednesday update isn't that much of a feet. People guessed that at every other Nintendo conference. Just happened that it was right this time.

It wasn't inside knowledge, it was luck.
99.9% chance? Wah? Where does that come from?

A guess can be seen as a prediction...though a prediction doesn't necessarily have to be a guess...

But to each his own. Not trying to start an argument. I personally think this guy has the info we're all dying to here, or at least has access to it in some way.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Pluvia resident *******? just kidding, he did Say Sonic would be confirmed more than 3 days before the conference, he even sayd he was going to be accompanied by a Trailer that was going to show SE stuff and the new characters that appeared in the Dojo. Guessing? i think not.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
It's just natural that people are suspicious to this. The only way for me to prove it is to give you even more info. I've already said that Captain Olimar will be playable (I have no idea when they'll announce it though) and that there will be a specific Mario Kart Wii channel when that game is out. But that's all off topic.

This thread is about how they changed Peach, from how she looked in early development (minidress and thong, with minidress physics, you do the math) to how she looks when they showed her. As I said, the reason Peach was revealed relatively late for a normal character was because of this. Obviously, Nintendo didn't approve what the Smash team had done to her looks. Which is a shame, as all censors.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Meh i prefer Peach's princess look, and too bad you have no info on the purple ownage dragon called Ridley.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
NyaseNya, I think you are infatuated with Peach's posterior.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Shuma, I'll let you know if I know. But chanses are high that Ridley is just a boss in the Subspace Emissary and nothing more.

N9NE, No. Just no.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Shuma, I'll let you know if I know. But chanses are high that Ridley is just a boss in the Subspace Emissary and nothing more.

N9NE, No. Just no.
Blasphemy Ridley will be playable... i hope. Any thoughts on Isaac or DeDeDe by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom