• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach as a god character

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I honestly do not think Peach really qualifies as being in the same league as Fox, Falco, Shiek, or Marth. I feel there are three things that seperates the other High/Top Tiers from the rest of the pack:

1. The god characters win a lot of tournaments. Obviously, Peach makes this requirement since she wins her fair share of tournaments.

2. The god characters are not disadvantaged by middle/low/bottom tier characters by anymore than 4-5. Even though the Ice Climbers are a soft counter to Sheik, their matchup is 4-5 in Ice Climbers' favor. I have heard that Link and Young Link have a 5-3 matchup against Peach in their favor. I might be wrong though since I did not here it from Smash World Forums.

3. Fox, Falco, Shiek, and Marth are able to keep each other in check. Spacies has the advantage on Shiek, Shiek has the advantage on Marth, and Marth has the advantage on Fox and is even with Falco. But on the other hand, Peach gets owned by all of the characters above her murder her.

Reasons 2 and 3 are the reasons I do not think Peach is in the same league as those characters above her. So do you Peach players agree with me or can you elaborate why I am wrong.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Peach doesn't get owned by the characters above her. She counters Falco, and goes at least even with Fox, Marth, and Sheik. And the Links do not counter Peach. They may not be an easy fight, but they definitely don't counter her. It's at least even, but if it's in anyone's favor it's Peach.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find that Peach and CF are around the same league below the Top 4. I don't know why she's currently grouped in the same tier as Marth... it's like this to me

Sheik
Falco
Marth
Fox

(large block of cheese)

Peach
CF, and so on.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I find that Peach and CF are around the same league below the Top 4. I don't know why she's currently grouped in the same tier as Marth... it's like this to me

Sheik
Falco
Marth
Fox

(large block of cheese)

Peach
CF, and so on.
So true... Peach, CF, ICs and Samus should stand in their own tier. They all **** but they all have a certain weakness that handicaps them in their matchups against top tiers.

But I'd rank the top tier chars in this order instead: Fox, Sheik, Falco then Marth.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Strange...Peach is underrated by Peach players >_>

But seriously, it seems to like she's in a league above CF/IC/Samus, but just below Marth and Sheik. It's like she's her own tier.

*coughpeachistoptierimo*

BigRick

Smash Master
Well she's definitely above them, but we shouldn't say league.

Falcon and Samus can do well against Peach... and they're not so bad against the top tiers.
Peach has a clear advantage over ICs... but again the ICs do fare well against the top tiers.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
It is somewhat the same circumstance as with Link. They are both grouped with certain people cause of tournament rankings but really are not of the same class as those they are ranked with.

All in all though this is how the order should go:

Top tier

Fox
Falco
Shiek
Marth

High tier

Peach
CF
Ice Climbers

This is how it should go. By the way I am not a Peach player. I am just someone who wants more insight on each character, especially the top/high tier characters.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, I'll give my opinon on this.

1. The god characters win a lot of tournaments. Obviously, Peach makes this requirement since she wins her fair share of tournaments.
Well of course they would win. Fox, Falco, and Marth are powerful characters. Not to mention Peach and Shiek. People win tourtuments by either skills, luck, or both (mostly both). So, just because two top teir characters win lots of tourtuments, doesn't mean all high teirs except Peach would (as Marth and Shiek are also high teirs)

2. The god characters are not disadvantaged by middle/low/bottom tier characters by anymore than 4-5. Even though the Ice Climbers are a soft counter to Sheik, their matchup is 4-5 in Ice Climbers' favor. I have heard that Link and Young Link have a 5-3 matchup against Peach in their favor. I might be wrong though since I did not here it from Smash World Forums.
They are so! EVERY character has a weakness, no matter how big or small it is. Even though Fox and Falco have little weaknesses (IMO), they have the most annoying :fast fallers = chain grabs. Just because you're playing against a Fox or Falco, doesn't mean you're entirely screwed. You just got a....90% tops of getting your *** kicked by really good ones. (Like M2K, PC Chris, many others)

3. Fox, Falco, Shiek, and Marth are able to keep each other in check. Spacies has the advantage on Shiek, Shiek has the advantage on Marth, and Marth has the advantage on Fox and is even with Falco. But on the other hand, Peach gets owned by all of the characters above her murder her.
Well...technically...yes. I won't lie about that. >>

Fox/Falco: He's a tough person to beat. He could deflect your turnips and could shine wave you off a stage. Not to mention he's powerful and quick too. Falco is the same, except replace the shine wave with his spike :p

Shiek : definitly dangerous up close with her/his grabs, but isn't totally invincible. As long as a Peach knows when to attack, that person should be fine. Otherwise, get punished by her throw death combo.

Marth : The biggest threat of them all. Even a average marth could give a peach trouble. Combine with power and speed near perfectly, this guy should be banned X_X XD;;

Okay, now to Peach...

Okay, she may have the weakness to get flown off a bit easy and having a disavantage by popular counters, but she's still not out yet. A great Peach could overlook these weakness and soon turn it into a strength if they have patience enough.

Because of her habbit of pulling out powerful weapons, her avantage has risen slightly depending on who she's facing. One of the best parts about her is that she could come back from strong attacks, so she gots a good aerial game along with a ground game.

EDIT:

Sorry about that. Kinda read it wrong. thought you was stabbing her XD

But...still, it'd be nice to see her in top tier. Though her home in high tier is comfy, it'd be nice she's top tier. Like I said, a good peach could overcome those weakness she has

Smash Master
Falco counters Fox, Peach counters Falco (can float over SHL/disjointed bair to get around the shine), Marth counters Peach, Sheik counters Marth, and Fox counters Sheik. I'd say those characters belong where they are in the tier list.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
1048576, you have a wonderful "rock paper scizor" outlook on it but I really disagree with most of that. Falco and fox are really equal in my eyes due to they both can do horrible things to ecah other. Marth doesn't counter sheik either, I say its also equal due to the peach's ability to render marth's edgeguarding useless.

Smash Master
1048576, you have a wonderful "rock paper scizor" outlook on it but I really disagree with most of that. Falco and fox are really equal in my eyes due to they both can do horrible things to each other. Marth doesn't counter sheik either, I say its also equal due to the peach's ability to render marth's edgeguarding useless.
The thing with Falco/Fox is that Falco likes to KO down and to the side. This works well in a fastaller. Fox likes to KO off the top of the screen. This does not work well on a fastfaller. Falco's Illusion also makes it really difficult to gimp shine him. Marth doesn't counter Sheik. Sheik counters Marth due to needles and her overall fast attacks. She can get in range really easily. Marth counters Peach because He can chaingrab her and it is difficult for a Peach to get in range of attacking. Even if Marth can't edgeguard, if Peach can't hit him, she will eventually lose.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Marth can only chaingrab Peach if the Peach is DIing horribly.

A quick enough Fox can shinespike Falco right out of his Phantasm, and you don't even need super reflexes. Plus, unlike Fox, Falco's Firebird doesn't burn, making it REALLY easy to shine him out of the startup animation. I'd say the matchup is pretty much even, with Falco's high gravity and strong horizontal KO moves giving him a bit of an edge.

Sheik isn't even fair for Marth.

Peach definitely has trouble against Fox, with his Shine combos and really scary vertical KOs. Less of a trouble against Falco. Sheik can be difficult, due to faster aerials and movement, so it's kind of an uphill climb there. I think Marth is by far the scariest matchup for Peach.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
I do actually think that peach should be in the god-tier, possibly #1.

Perhaps this is just my noob opinion (im not as noob as my post# dictates), but peach is quite easily able to rip through most of the things that all characters need.

1. Range: Her turnips are more than enough in terms of range no arguements here (probably).

2. Recovery: Good 2nd jump, and float, can glide with Up+B.

3. Downsmash: Possibly the best attack in the game. I disagree with the whole you can be attacked from the air. Most of the time the hitbox of the downsmash is big enough that it covers air attacks. Not all of them obviously.

4. Toss: Her f-Toss is quite a good killer at 100+ dmg. Very useful.

5. Dash Attack: is better than most, the exception being probably sheiks.

6. Floats: Can make her unpredictable in the air. Can be associated with her massive air priority.

Her one weakness that i think makes her look bad is that when she is above the opponent after being hit up, she is a juggling pin, until she lands. That is of course until you get beside the opponent.

BigRick

Smash Master

Perhaps this is just my noob opinion (im not as noob as my post# dictates), but peach is quite easily able to rip through most of the things that all characters need.

1. Range: Her turnips are more than enough in terms of range no arguements here (probably).

Turnips can be caught, reflected or punched through

Yeah Peach is definitely top tier in recovery.

3. Downsmash: Possibly the best attack in the game. I disagree with the whole you can be attacked from the air. Most of the time the hitbox of the downsmash is big enough that it covers air attacks. Not all of them obviously.

If you disagree than you are wrong. While downsmashing you are vulnerable to stomps knees and whatever.

Kills on smaller stages, not a definitive KO on bigger levels. Sets up well for the edgeguard though.

Peach's dash attack has **** good priority... too bad that her run speed is bad.

6. Floats: Can make her unpredictable in the air. Can be associated with her massive air priority.

Her air game based around the float is definitely good stuff, but watch out for 2 things: 1) Very fast characters (Fox, Falcon) 2) Characters that have better range than Peach (Marth, Sheik, Ganon). They can deal with it.

Her one weakness that i think makes her look bad is that when she is above the opponent after being hit up, she is a juggling pin, until she lands. That is of course until you get beside the opponent.
Peach is one of the best chars in the game (#5 out of 26) but definitely not #1.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
My big question is: Is there a large difference between to characters right next to each other in the tier list but in different tiers? Ganon, Link; Peach, Falcon; random low tier character, Ness.

Is Ganon a much better choice of character than Link?

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990

1. The turnips can easily be caught and returned, or simply smacked away.

2. Her horizontal recovery is amazing, it just leaves her way to open for an aerial.

3. The hitbox of her dsmash starts at about her chin/shoulder area. A decent range such as Roy's can penetrate it from the air, and Marth's tip can get hit her from all sides; if he's just out the range of the dsmash that is.

4. No disagreement.

5. I consider her dash attack neither good nor bad.

6. Unpredictable? Not quite. She has a couple choices, no doubt. But when it comes to predicting what she'll do, its quite simple to figure it out depending on her % and/or which direction an attack is coming from. ie: Fox's Uair = Her moving to the side or Dfloat. (Dfloat = Down float attack)

IMO, I think Peach is far from God-tier. Although she would be a good high-tier.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Even in PAL peach isnt top tier.

But she still owns.

For the 95% of us who are average players she does fine vs any other character in the game. So dont worry about her exact tier position.

peace out

Link226

Smash Ace

1. I do believe her turnips are great, her edgeguarding is really good cause of this. Saying they are easy to grab, shine, etc is like saying Marths Fsmash isnt good because we can dodge it. Its still freaking good.

2. Arguably the best recovery in the game, i think she has the second best recovery actually, with jigglypuff coming first.

3. Yes, proabably the best move in the game. Sometimes this **** be sucking me in, like when im out of reach i see myself go in it lol, its even worse when people tech chase with it. It has very lil lag after as well.

4. True

5. Her dash attack is really good against the fastfallers. I always see Peach dash attack to a grab, or ftilt, etc. Its good but not the best.

6. I dont think it unpredictable but **** is it sick. FC is crazy when used right, noobs dont know how to use and get punished when trying it.

I believe Peach is fine where she is at in the tier list. Dsmash FTW

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Who said she was a "god character"? She's good but maybe don't extremely good as the others are

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Who said she was a "god character"? She's good but maybe don't extremely good as the others are
A God character...hmm...

Give Fox: Falco's Dair, Bowser's weight, CF's Way-Too-Long legs, and Samus' grapple beam. THEN we'll have a God character.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
A God character...hmm...

Give Fox: Falco's Dair, Bowser's weight, CF's Way-Too-Long legs, and Samus' grapple beam. THEN we'll have a God character.

LOL Why do you want to make fox better when he's already godlike... The shine and his other moves like upsmash and uair are enough gayness for him

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hmm...I always feel like at high levels of play Marth does better against peach than fox does.
That will depend on how the fox plays the match up, is considered even for most people but a very smart and technical fox can **** peach I mean... Fox is first on the tier list for a reason...

Marth is too gay he does well against anyone -.-

Samochan

Smash Master
That will depend on how the fox plays the match up, is considered even for most people but a very smart and technical fox can **** peach I mean... Fox is first on the tier list for a reason...

Marth is too gay he does well against anyone -.-
But almost everything fox can do to combo peach can be smash Di'ed away or cc'ed into something deadly aka dsmash. Doesn't take more than one to get him to chaingrabbing percentage anyway. Dair can be SDI'ed, shine can, uair too... and those are about his only attacks that can't be cc'ed into dsmash. :) His comboing ability hindered makes it a lot tougher to get in those upsmash kills and he has to rely on bair/shinespikes/fsmash to KO peach. Not saying fox is not good choice vs peach, but it's not a ****. :/

Samochan

Smash Master
-Who's better, fox or peach?
-Fox, period
And your point is...? >_>; This argument was about matchups, not about which character in overall is better. Skill > tiers and unless you've been living under a rock, you should know about Taj's mewtwo and Bum's DK and Dire's GW ect. But since it's off topic... peach is very good character, but not god character. If she were a lot faster, then she just might be.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
At equal skill level fox should and can beat peach. Again... many people consider the match up to be even

$BONE$

Smash Ace
the metagame of the current pro's & tournament scene needs to be taken into consideration. theres no player who's robotically superior.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
A God character...hmm...

Hmm...you forgot the hybrid Falco blaster (such as it'll have Falco's stun, but still have Fox's rapid fire), Mario's cape, and Peach's ability to float.

Wait...that would make him more LEGENDARY character then god, right? XD

anyway, back to this

Originally Posted by All_Characters

Turnips can be caught, reflected or punched through

Yeah Peach is definitely top tier in recovery.

If you disagree than you are wrong. While downsmashing you are vulnerable to stomps knees and whatever.

Kills on smaller stages, not a definitive KO on bigger levels. Sets up well for the edgeguard though.

Peach's dash attack has **** good priority... too bad that her run speed is bad.

Her air game based around the float is definitely good stuff, but watch out for 2 things: 1) Very fast characters (Fox, Falcon) 2) Characters that have better range than Peach (Marth, Sheik, Ganon). They can deal with it.

1) Yes, but because it can be caught by her opponent, it could screw her over (especially a backfired Stich. Nasty)

2) True, she gots a good float ability, but once up B, she'll be open for any direction of attack. People could edgehog the stage if needed

3) No argument there. Peach's Dsmash *****. nuff said XD

4)It's a good killer, but it isn't instant kill around 100%. A person could DI that and depending on the character, last around 150-170% (floaty characters could die with less percent)

5) Because it's better, it gets more predictable. Which is why Marths and most other characters could wavedash back and grab them or worse - Fsmash them.The dash attack is good, no doubt, but it's more predictable on peaches (especially agressive ones)

6) In the air, yes she could be a bit unpredictable, but like tnx (sp) said, her options are limited. against her counters (especially Marth), she has to play it smart. a small error could screw her over from combos to a kill.

Now don't get me wrong. I main peach. Peach kicks ***! But even I don't think she should be god tier or even top tier unless she overcomes her flaws.

Top Bottom