• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patching through, Prince Fluff for Epic Yarn DLC

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Prince fluff/Yarn Kirby

Who is
Prince Fluff is the secondary protagonist of Kirby's Epic Yarn. He was initially supposed to be the main protagonist of Epic Yarn before it became a Kirby game. Regardless he worked with the newly transformed Yarn Kirby to save Patch Land and Dream Land from the sorcerer Yin Yarn.

Why Fluff
Fluff would serve as a fourth representative for the Kirby series, he would also stand as a primary represent ice of the yarn series from Goodfeel.
Being made up of fabric, Prince Fluff would have a unique art style to himself similar to Mr Game and Watch.

Why not Fluff
There is no representation of Kirby's Epic Yarn in Smash bros.
Let's change that. Besides why should Yoshi's Wooly World get representation when it's release was 6 months after Smash WiiU.

Yarn Kirby might end up as a clone similar to Dr. Mario, Young/Toon Link.
This is why I primarily highlight the fact that Fluff is the character and that Yarn Kirby should be an alternate costume. Epic Yarn also establishes that Yarb Kirby being hollow cannot inhale thereby cannot fly or eat enemies.

Why a one note character like Fluff when there are other Kirby reps to choose from.
While supporters of Bandana Dee, Magolor and others are making their cases and I certainly wish them the best of luck, here my reason why Prince Fluff deserves to be in more than any other Kirby rep. When Epic Yarn was revealed many fans criticized the game because Kirby lost his ability to inhale and copy hence losing the essence of a Kirby game. However in a statement by a Nintendo/Good Feel rep (will post exact story and quote when found) that Kirby games were about transformations and adjusting your abilities to meet challenges as you faced that. Epic yarn did that without the copy ability. Fluff is the perfect addition because he isn't a clone of Kirby but rather a derivative, sharing in similar ideas but executing them differently.

Move sets

By Jamesster445
Jab- using his yarn whip, Fluff can either swing it twice or rapidly in a flurry.
Ftilt- when on ice Fluff and Kirby will do a little ballerina spin when turning around. This can serve as decent tilt with little range but great speed.
Utilt- yarn note allows Fluff to attack enemies above him using the flag above his head.
Dtilt- sleigh allows Fluff to poke enemies below with the sharp end.
Fsmash- Fluff will grab an anchor point and swing as a pendulum forward knocking enemies like a wrecking ball.
Usmash- by utilizing the dolphin temporarily, Fluff drills above him in a powerful surge attack.
Dsmash- By utilizing the spin boarder temporarily Fluff knocks away enemies surrounding him
Dash- The car.
Nair- By utilizing the UFO temporarily, Fluff sends out an electric surge that attacks all enemies around him.
Fair- star shooter- by utilizing the star shooter temporarily, Fluff shoots Stars forward that fan out.
Bair - submarine- by turning his body into a submarine his propeller legs rip an enemies to shreds.
Uair- Fluff opens up his body in the shape of a parachute.
Dair- somewhat similar to Kirby's weight, Fluff however can't remain in this form on the ground and can actually get hit out of it.
B- yarn whip- by reaching out, Fluff can grab an enemy and hold him over his head and then throw the enemy in 4-8 directions.
Side b- by utilizing the Off roader, Fluff charges forward and mows enemies in the way. By pressing B again he utilizes a boost that enhances speed and impact.
Up b- by utilizing the rocket, Fluff shoots upwards.
Down b- By transforming into a fire truck, fluff can shoot water and push enemies away.
Grab- by reaching out with the yarn whip, Fluff can grab an enemy from afar. He then uses strength to hold them in place. Possible Zair and tether.
Pummel- placeholder
Fthrow- Fluff backs away creating tracks in front of him then Rams the enemy as a train.
Bthrow- Using the digger, fluff tosses enemies behind him.
Uthrow- As a dolphin, Fluff bops the enemy up like how a dolphin would a ball.
Dthrow- After being thrown to the ground, the enemy is drilled by a top.
Final Smash- Metamortex: Tankbot- The first and final metamortex of the game, The tankbot functions vaugely similar to the landmaster in terms of shooting projectiles and hovering. However unlike the Landmaster the tankbot has a robotic fist that punches enemies and can aim it's shots.
Costumes

Suggested by Jamesster445

Stage
Quilty Square

Music

Support

Official Twitter
www.twitter.com/Fluff4SmashDLC

Patch Land Citizens

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I'd personally love him to be in Smash but he hasn't appeared in a game since Epic Yarn and Bandana Dee is the forerunner for the next Kirby rep.
Yes and remember when Chrom was the forerunner for the next Fire Emblem rep. I'm just sayin.

Anyway after replaying the game I finally came up with a moveset for Fluff.

Jab- using his yarn whip, Fluff can either swing it twice or rapidly in a flurry.
Ftilt- when on ice Fluff and Kirby will do a little ballerina spin when turning around. This can serve as decent tilt with little range but great speed.
Utilt- yarn note allows Fluff to attack enemies above him using the flag above his head.
Dtilt- sleigh allows Fluff to poke enemies below with the sharp end.
Fsmash- Fluff will grab an anchor point and swing as a pendulum forward knocking enemies like a wrecking ball.
Usmash- by utilizing the dolphin temporarily, Fluff drills above him in a powerful surge attack.
Dsmash- By utilizing the spin boarder temporarily Fluff knocks away enemies surrounding him
Dash- The car.
Nair- By utilizing the UFO temporarily, Fluff sends out an electric surge that attacks all enemies around him.
Fair- star shooter- by utilizing the star shooter temporarily, Fluff shoots Stars forward that fan out.
Bair - submarine- by turning his body into a submarine his propeller legs rip an enemies to shreds.
Uair- Fluff opens up his body in the shape of a parachute.
Dair- somewhat similar to Kirby's weight, Fluff however can't remain in this form on the ground and can actually get hit out of it.
B- yarn whip- by reaching out, Fluff can grab an enemy and hold him over his head and then throw the enemy in 4-8 directions.
Side b- by utilizing the Off roader, Fluff charges forward and mows enemies in the way. By pressing B again he utilizes a boost that enhances speed and impact.
Up b- by utilizing the rocket, Fluff shoots upwards.
Down b- By transforming into a fire truck, fluff can shoot water and push enemies away.
Grab- by reaching out with the yarn whip, Fluff can grab an enemy from afar. He then uses strength to hold them in place. Possible Zair and tether.
Pummel- placeholder
Fthrow- Fluff backs away creating tracks in front of him then Rams the enemy as a train.
Bthrow- Using the digger, fluff tosses enemies behind him.
Uthrow- As a dolphin, Fluff bops the enemy up like how a dolphin would a ball.
Dthrow- After being thrown to the ground, the enemy is drilled by a top.
Final Smash- Metamortex: Tankbot- The first and final metamortex of the game, The tankbot functions vaugely similar to the landmaster in terms of shooting projectiles and hovering. However unlike the Landmaster the tankbot has a robotic fist that punches enemies and can aim it's shots.

Colors will be next.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
You do know, Sakurai said that he didn't think Chrom would be all that unique. Bandana Dee has a spear, a weapon no one in Smash has yet.
All of this is true.
But the reason I bring up Chrom is because during the initial reveal that Robin was revealed. Robin received an almost universal praise (as far as I'm aware) even from people who wanted Chrom. They still want him in of course but they were also greeted with something that they didn't even know they wanted.
As for Bandana Dee, again yes he has a spear a weapon no character has used in Smash and that instantly gets him credibility. But also look at Fluff, he fights by transforming his entire body made of yarn. He's like a battle toad made of string. And how is that not unique.
Ideally we'll get both, and chances are we'll only get Dee. But I'll fight for Fluff and put it out there so people are reminded that there might be an alternative out there that they didn't even know they wanted.
Plus according to VGchartz Epic Yarn sold a half million more units than Returb to Dreamland so that has to count for something.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
All of this is true.
But the reason I bring up Chrom is because during the initial reveal that Robin was revealed. Robin received an almost universal praise (as far as I'm aware) even from people who wanted Chrom. They still want him in of course but they were also greeted with something that they didn't even know they wanted.
As for Bandana Dee, again yes he has a spear a weapon no character has used in Smash and that instantly gets him credibility. But also look at Fluff, he fights by transforming his entire body made of yarn. He's like a battle toad made of string. And how is that not unique.
Ideally we'll get both, and chances are we'll only get Dee. But I'll fight for Fluff and put it out there so people are reminded that there might be an alternative out there that they didn't even know they wanted.
Plus according to VGchartz Epic Yarn sold a half million more units than Returb to Dreamland so that has to count for something.
Ideally, getting both would be great, since Prince Fluff is ****ing awesome. I only expect Bandana Dee though until Prince Fluff makes another appearance. Bandana Dee is a main character in the Kirby cast (appearing in multiple games, being playable, King Dedede's right hand Waddle) which automatically gives him a better chance. After Bandana Dee though, there isn't really anyone else, but if Prince Fluff comes up in a new Kirby game again with a big role, I will 100% support his inclusion.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Ideally, getting both would be great, since Prince Fluff is ****ing awesome. I only expect Bandana Dee though until Prince Fluff makes another appearance. Bandana Dee is a main character in the Kirby cast (appearing in multiple games, being playable, King Dedede's right hand Waddle) which automatically gives him a better chance. After Bandana Dee though, there isn't really anyone else, but if Prince Fluff comes up in a new Kirby game again with a big role, I will 100% support his inclusion.
Or Good Feel makes a proper sequel to Epic Yarn that stars Fluff as the main character. Fluff's Epic Yarn .

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
It's always hard to support characters that aren't forerunners, but it doesn't stop me from showing my support.
I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn and I'm honestly a little sad that Prince Fluff didn't get a game for his own.
But who knows, maybe we get a game featuring him someday?

That being said, I think with the transformations and his abilities from Epic Yarn, Prince Fluff could make an interesting fighter.

I will do what I can to support him, but it won't be much.
Yet, I have a little gift for you:

I discovered the official Twitter account, saw the tweet about "#StraightOutta" and thought; "Hey! Why not?".

jamesster445

Smash Lord
It's always hard to support characters that aren't forerunners, but it doesn't stop me from showing my support.
I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn and I'm honestly a little sad that Prince Fluff didn't get a game for his own.
But who knows, maybe we get a game featuring him someday?

That being said, I think with the transformations and his abilities from Epic Yarn, Prince Fluff could make an interesting fighter.

I will do what I can to support him, but it won't be much.
Yet, I have a little gift for you:

I discovered the official Twitter account, saw the tweet about "#StraightOutta" and thought; "Hey! Why not?".
lol the whole reason I wanted it to say outta was because of the recent Straight Outta Compton meme that was going around. But in all seriousness this is an awesome card and I'll put it up soon.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
It's 12 AM, you know what that means?

These next couple of days are going to be the most stressful I'll probably be in all year. Well I was hoping that this thread could've gone a way that's less depressing. Oh well maybe the guys over at Super Smash Flash or Crusade will see the ideas that I had and use them.

Top Bottom