• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's "leak" and Pseudo-Palutena's trophy staff are the same unique model...

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
upload_2014-4-17_11-23-37.png

Smash leaks on the left and Kid Icarus: Uprising model on the right

Nvm

Woops, staff colour aside which I think is due to the direct screen capture compared to an off-screen photo...I be graspin' at straws.

Pseudo-Palutena is a direct rip.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Say, anyone notice that she has a more serious look in KI:U. But not in the "leak"?
Weird...

Xigger

Smash Lord
The biggest difference I can note is the blue color on the staff. What are the other differences?

R0Y

Smash Master
Woops, staff colour aside which I think is due to the direct screen capture compared to an off-screen photo...I be graspin' at straws.

Pseudo-Palutena is a direct rip.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't think this merits it's own thread. Seems more suitable as a discussion point in the thread allocated for Leaks.

However, it IS interesting to note, although anyone who didn't think the leak was real at this point wasn't going to be convinced. Let's just wait and see what she looks like if she's reavealed. Even if it's real, I'll bet she's undergone some facial changes since December to better match her KI:U look.

R0Y

Smash Master
I don't think this merits it's own thread. Seems more suitable as a discussion point in the thread allocated for Leaks.
Thread got locked after 800 pages, and you should have read whole OP. I made an error. This is a direct rip from Uprising. No evidence of m'lady one way or the other.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The 3DS leak is a direct rip from Uprising? Wat. Or am I missing something? If so, I'm impressed, albeit not at all swayed in my belief of her playability. I mean really.

Also, I guess I'm not surprised the leak thread got locked actually. It kind of deserved it.

R0Y

Smash Master
Errr...

Here you go guys while were on Palutena.
What...this is fake right? It's not off-screen and Mario's eyes are in a different position...Palutena looks to be in the same but I might be wrong.

What are the origins of this image?

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Yes, the Rumours and Leaks thread has been like seeing a mortally wounded animal hobble around for a while now, I'm glad they put it out of its misery.

As for Palutena, I believe the leak regardless at this point, and believe that Sakurai was surely acknowledging its existence in the Direct. It's just a matter of time before we find out its validity; E3 will be a great place to start. I'm actually pretty confident that the Palutena leak is the only legitimate leak we have had so far; just my opinion though.

R0Y

Smash Master
white top of staff looks painted on, pretty sure it's fake.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
An image that showed a few months ago. The infamous 'Palutena Leak'. People say it's evidence for her playability.
The ones that leaked were not direct feed though.

Granted, that one looks like a fake edit of the off screen ones, but how they achieved that edit if it is one is pretty great.

Also, Mario seems to like her legs.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
What...this is fake right? It's not off-screen and Mario's eyes are in a different position...Palutena looks to be in the same but I might be wrong.

What are the origins of this image?
According to GameFaqs:

"Guy on 4chan who posted claimed he knew the person who made the images. He also said:

"There isn't much to explain, I'm not sure about the details. He used a retexturized Mario from Brawl, and I believe Palutena is from Uprising. He works for Project M."

But ssshhh."

However, a few things to note:
- Battlefield's background in the leaked images was still unknown at the time the leaks were posted. Either this is a lucky guess or the 4chan guy is full of crap.
- Mario is in different positions between the two images
- The model isn't actually from Uprising. We've been talking about that since the leak came out.

and when taken through forensics, http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=f29e69054d3283c67c1a0e39edba7ac20de64881.19117, it's clearly Photoshopped. You can see the leftover pixels.

(For reference, forensics with a real image: http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=490f723e58dbe45e4214cd8ebe60ce43432f887b.97251. Also, forensics for the original image: http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=9064e96998c98a1dcd2b572af98cead5d54c76e7.153285. I'm not trying to prove that the Palutena leak is real, but offering it for comparision to the new image)

So yeah... I'm pretty convinced this new image is a fake.

With regards to the staff in the OP, note the lengths of the staffs. The Smash one is short, while the Uprising one is much longer.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Errr...

Here you go guys while were on Palutena.
It's clearly edited, Palutena is in the EXACT same position.

Mario's a bit different, hard to explain. Weird, nonetheless.

Also, is there possibly a group where we can go and post interesting leaks? I don't go on 4chan and stuff, only GameFAQs if I have the time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While we still have no definitive proof that the Palutena leak is real, this "debunker" is clearly false. It's back to square one regarding the Palutena leak, then.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah that new picture looks terrible. I don't even understand what this picture is supposed to do in regards to debunking the leak in the first place.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This comparison just reminds me how much superior the Uprising model looks to the leak model. If that leak is real, why can't they just port her Uprising model?!

Interesting. I wonder if the earlier Palutena image has manipulation artifacts that we just can't see because it's overexposed, just like with the Chrom picture.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Regardless if the image is fake or not Palutena practically has a 99% chance of making the roster...

With all of the KI:U fan service we've been getting + the Pit Final Smash change + the Pseudo Palutena tease + Palutena's Temple she's easily the most obvious newcomer at this point.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Regardless if the image is fake or not Palutena practically has a 99% chance of making the roster...

With all of the KI:U fan service we've been getting + the Pit Final Smash change + the Pseudo Palutena tease + Palutena's Temple she's easily the most obvious newcomer at this point.
The most obvious? That's too bold. There are more Final Destinations than any series stagelist, yet who is mysteriously absent? Who hasn't been revealed to be a boss character for Final Destination? Why haven't we been shown any single player content yet? Master Hand is way more obvious than Palutena.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The most obvious? That's too bold. There are more Final Destinations than any series stagelist, yet who is mysteriously absent? Who hasn't been revealed to be a boss character for Final Destination? Why haven't we been shown any single player content yet? Master Hand is way more obvious than Palutena.
Master Hand would actually be a really cool "WTF" addition since he'd be the first "Smash Bros" fighter to originate from the Smash series. Not sure why I never thought of that until now.

They would need to size him down quite a bit though.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused, can someone explain. Is the Palutena leak fake or not?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm confused, can someone explain. Is the Palutena leak fake or not?
We still don't know yet. The "clean" image is a fake trying to debunk the other leaks, but it's just a bad Photoshop job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom