• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAC-MAN's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Actually, that roll data is what I've been needing.

The differences between characters's rolls really challenges me, especially when opponents pick obscure characters with very different rolls (ie: Samus's late roll).

I know the project isn't complete, but thanks for working on this! This game really has an absurd amount of information, and its great to see it (beginning to be) collected in one place.

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Can you explain what's FAF? Is it the whole frames duration?

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Can you explain what's FAF? Is it the whole frames duration?
It is explained in the glossary.

Basically, it is "First Actionable Frame". This is important, because the "whole frames" of Pac-Man's Fair is rather long, but it has a very early IASA on frame 26. Understanding that Fair autocancels at 43 but is IASA on 26 is a very important distinction, especially because the 16f landing lag is quite significant!

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
It is explained in the glossary.

Basically, it is "First Actionable Frame". This is important, because the "whole frames" of Pac-Man's Fair is rather long, but it has a very early IASA on frame 26. Understanding that Fair autocancels at 43 but is IASA on 26 is a very important distinction, especially because the 16f landing lag is quite significant!

Thanks, I didn't see it :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wow how did I only just now see this? This is amazing, thank you!

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to get ledge roll frame data?

BSP

Smash Legend
It varies by character, as well as the type of throw.

I assume you're asking regarding Pac-Man specifically, so taken from sixriver:
  • Forward: 8F
  • Back: 11F
  • Up: 12F
  • Down: 7F
  • Dash: 5F
  • Discard (grounded neutral-Z): 6F
Reposting this here, as it's quite relevant. This is item toss frame data.

So throwing BF from hand while standing is 4 frames faster and can be done OoS. A dash throw is more than twice as fast as a normal BF throw.

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Dash throw is faster than forward throw?? I don't feel it like that

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I can see that actually as it seems to leave his hand before the dash throw animation starts. That said, the end lag on it is considerably worse.

BSP

Smash Legend
KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

Did you ever say why the Fruits' knockback numbers and such aren't there? I'm asking because if they weren't readily accessible to you, are the people who data mine the patches looking for Pac-Man's fruits? There may be changes that we miss.

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
How do we calculate the end lag of moves? Also, Is there a known formula for BKB/KBG as well, or can we only get that from the 'MasterCore?' There's a lot missing from this frame data compilation..

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
Well I was wanting to know the frame advantage of pac-man's normals/smashes. which is why I was trying to find their endlag because that's the only thing I don't know about them atm.. also I was wanting to find the BKB/KBG of Bonus Fruit because only the Key has those statistics. I was trying to figure out how to use Dantarion's MasterCore, but I didn't know which moves are what in the data dump.

EDIT: I would also like to thank you for your effort in compiling all the frame data for not only pacman, but sm4sh as a whole. :)

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well I was wanting to know the frame advantage of pac-man's normals/smashes. which is why I was trying to find their endlag because that's the only thing I don't know about them atm.. also I was wanting to find the BKB/KBG of Bonus Fruit because only the Key has those statistics. I was trying to figure out how to use Dantarion's MasterCore, but I didn't know which moves are what in the data dump.

EDIT: I would also like to thank you for your effort in compiling all the frame data for not only pacman, but sm4sh as a whole. :)
I too would like to know the endlag. I know we're negative on a lot of our moveset, but I'd like to know exactly how much.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

Did you ever say why the Fruits' knockback numbers and such aren't there? I'm asking because if they weren't readily accessible to you, are the people who data mine the patches looking for Pac-Man's fruits? There may be changes that we miss.
They're articles and aren't in the same data pool as everything else. Aero told me before he doesn't have access to any BF data. Idk who would man

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Unstickied. I really like this resource though, even if the frame data is old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom