• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Open World Monthly #5 April 19th, 2014

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well, that was by far the best tournament I've ever hosted! Thanks to everyone who came out! We had a nice mix of New Orleans and Baton Rouge people show, with the addition of our friends from Alabama! Forgive my initial absence from the tournament, I learned today of the Alabama motorvehicle curse, so I had to pick up my friends from AL who broke down in Biloxi and bring them to the event. It's been an honor to host events for you guys and I will miss you guys a lot. Fret not, I'm not quitting smash, you'll see me again, not as a TO but as a player. I'm not saying I'll be a regular attendee, but when I manage to snag some free time, I'll see if I can attend an event or two. I'm graduating soon so I need to be working on a career and I just won't have time for hosting events anymore. Lastly, just remember that my success has been soley due to you guys, I couldn't ask for better participants!

For everyone who has questions about the future of Open World Monthlies, I'm proud to say that Justin Folse (Jnig) will be taking my place as TO. I'm super happy about this and I hope you guys continue to support this event, just as you guys have done so well in the past. I'll do my best to pop in from time to time to see how things are going and get some matches in with you guys for Project M (seriously, I want to play you guys).

Brawl Singles
1: JNig ($24.00)
2: Brawlman ($12.00)
3: Captain Z ($4.00)
4: Palestine
5: Yams Everywhere
5: DtJ | BSL
7: Noodl
7: Shelly

Melee Doubles
1: Mushroom Jesus (Owl & Mushroom Dynamite) ($30.00)
2: Yellow Freedom (Kenny & Xin) ($15.00)
3: Ismikk & Tachyon (Ismikk & Tachyon) ($5.00)
4: Baking Bread (Jawn & Aaron)
5: Who's Carrying Who Now?

Melee Singles
1: Owl ($60.00)
2: JNig ($30.00)
3: Mushroom Dynamite ($10.00)
4: Tachyon
5: Xin
5: Aaron
7: Captain Z
7: Free
9: Ryker
9: TheButtPirate
9: Rhyme
9: Jawn
13: Tyler
13: Sickolas
13: Alan G
13: Ira
17: Noodl
17: Nathaniel
17: Ismikk
17: Shelly

P:M Doubles
1: JZ (Jnig and Captain Zack) ($30.00)
2: Dude Our Car's in Biloxi ($15.00)
3: Griff & Zach (Mushroom Dynamite & Tachyon) ($5.00)
4: Tags (Ismikk & Jawn)
5: Team Rocket (Randall and Vile)

P:M Singles
1: JNig ($63.00)
2: Mushroom Dynamite ($31.50)
3: Ira ($10.50)
4: ASL Ryker
5: Bestrin
5: Ismikk
7: Sickolas
7: DtJ | BSL
9: Red
9: Natho
9: Jawn
9: Randall
13: Higgs
13: Coffee
13: Jonathan
13: Vile
17: Pikle
17: Captain Z
17: Nathaniel
17: Tyler
17: Axis

SHOUTOUTS
Jnig - Thanks again for covering for me while I went to retrieve the ASL crew. I also can't thank you enough for taking my place as Open World's TO. I look forward to seeing you take these events further than I was able to. Best of luck to you and I will see you around.

Brawlman - I'm glad that you managed to make it to my final event. Sorry there wasn't much for you to do beyond Brawl. Pick up Project M man! You saw how big of a turnout it got and how hype it is! You won't regret it!

Captain Z - Sorry about the miscommunication with your dad. You did really amazing. I'm not lying, there was so much talk about you during the tournament, people are in shock at how well you play. Keep it up man!

Mushroom Dynamite - Always a pleasure having you at my events. I hope you get 1st place next event. I'm still rooting for you buddy! I look forward to playing you at a future Open World event. It will be so hype!

Freddy - It was a surprise that you even came out, but I'm glad you did. I'm happy to hear you had fun and I hope you continue to come out to support this event. Congratz on your first place winnings for Melee.

Randall - It was nice seeing you again, I'm glad you came out and enjoyed yourself.

Redson - Get better scrub. I will see you Monday night for some intense training. - Love ya bro.

Nathaniel - Thanks for dragging Redson out of his cave and bringing him to Mandeville. I'll also see you Monday night for some intense training (aka Jigglypuff baseball). P.S- We still need to get a puppy.

Jawn - I was great seeing you again for one last time (at least as a TO). I can't wait to play you at a future Open World event (hopefully sooner than later). Thank you so much for supporting Open World and I hope you continue to do so in the future. Keep practicing your P:M game, you're not a bad player, you just need some refinement. I heard quite a number of people say you gave them a lot of trouble. You got this man!

Ismikk - Thanks for coming out again and supporting the event! Good job during brackets and I hope to play you soon at a future Open World event. Prepare yourself.

Ira - Your Squirtle too dope bro.

Ryker - Glad you came out. Best road trip ever! lol. Gald you guys made it home safe. Try and bring Reflex next time you come, if you can get him to come, we will build up the hype for it. Thanks for coming out to support my event continuously. I will try to make it out to a Mobile Monthly sometime soon after graduation.

Sickolas - Nice meeting you, thanks for coming out. We got to get some friendlies in, just one on one. Those team friendlies were pretty fun too.

Higgs - Thanks for continuing to support this event! Hopefully when I attend Open World as a player, we'll play each other in brackets, if not, serious friendlies will be suffice.

Rhyme - It was nice meeting you. I hope you continue to attend Open World Monthlies. I hope you had fun and hope to see you again (in brackets).

Thebuttpirate - I will try to make it to your next LSU monthly after this coming up one. Thanks for showing up and look forward to playing you in some friendlies or bracket matches.

Tachyon - Thanks for coming out consistently to support Open World. I can't wait for us to finally sit down and play P:M together, whether I win barely or get destroyed, the practice is always appreciated.

Free - Thank you for supporting Open World as well. I hope you continue to come, and I look forward to seeing you dominate Melee brackets. Take down everyone in your path! >=O

BSL - Thanks for coming out on such short notice. Too bad Trey couldn't have made it (lol scrub). I hope you can make it out to more Open World events. Hopefully I'll see you around ate future events whether it's in BR or here in Mandeville. [spoiler/]

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Good event, fun time. Sorry I left a bit early, I had a headache and needed to be home for the night anyway. I'll be at OWM more, I shouldn't have much reason to miss any.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the love Bomber, I've loved going to your events, you've definitely figured out the whole TOing thing in recent months even if you don't think you have.

Really fun day, shoutouts to everyone present honestly, it was a very positive and delightful time.
Shoutouts to Jnig for still giving me that Sheik ish in both games, Freddy for keeping me honest (oh and dat melee $$), Ryker and Ira for making me really push in P:M, Jon for driving and supporting uptown, and everyone I played and talked to! Louisiana smash is really coming together and I'm loving it.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Had a great time, and a great trip there depending on your meaning of both great and trip.

Shoutouts to @ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker for asking me to go to the tournament 12 hours before we had to leave.
@ GOL | 482 | JSalt GOL | 482 | JSalt and Captain Z for playing Sheik/Zelda in doubles.
Higgs those were some pretty good games from you since you didn't know all the Snake tricks. Step up that grab game man you'll do great!
@Bestrin Good sets from your Ness man. Sorry if I appeared salty but they were close games and I wanted to win :p

But the two most important shoutouts go to the tow-man from AAA for putting on our spare when we blew a tire, and then pulling our car to a fyrestone when the donut didn't even last 2 minutes. And also completely disregarding a detour and driving around it. A true hero.
and @ Bomber7 Bomber7 for picking us up in Biloxi from the fyrestone and making a road trip to his own tournament. I expect to see you again in not too long since we didn't play any singles together like you said. Still sad drew paid for your gas with the money we won in teams lmao.

Till next time.

Arzak

Smash Cadet
Any chance we could get pics of the bracket? Super fun tournament, can't wait for the next one.

Shoutouts to everyone I played, and Sickolas for that hug. The healing has begun.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Any chance we could get pics of the bracket? Super fun tournament, can't wait for the next one.

Shoutouts to everyone I played, and Sickolas for that hug. The healing has begun.
If I get the chance sometime tonight I'll be sure to post them. The day is still young and I still have places to go and people to see. If not tonight, I should have some free time tomorrow to post them. Though if there's anything you guys need me to do, just let me know and I'll try to get it done by Monday. I'm heading on a one day-all day trip to Pensacola Tuesday and won't have my laptop on me, so if I can't get to anything between now and tomorrow, it will definitely be done by Wednesday.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
He goes by Dark or something. I could link his combo video O:. Also Meek ily omgee. 4Meek tag all day.

Also these tourneys are so fun omg. Ty Dominic for all you've done.xoxoxoxox

Redson

Smash Journeyman
GG's to everyone that I got to play during the monthly. Felt good coming back to the scene, if even just for a bit.

Bomber, stonkin great job with the tourney. You've come a long way broskeedly. Can't wait to whoop your ass around the block when you come back as a player. Git gud, scrub.
JNig, bro. JNig. JNig. Holy ****, thanks so much for the match, man. Like, I know you had to and all, but I learned a crap ton about Sheik from our match, and its already come to fruition. You're an awesome player. Keep being awesome.
Higgs: You're likely not on here, but still. Great friendlies all the same.
Sickolas: I won't lose to you again.
Randall: good to see you again, man. Bitchin' ass Ganondorf.
Ira: It was nice to meet you. You're kind of a stuck up ass, but you really deserve to be. Scary good Squirtle, man. Look forward to playing with you in the future. Keep being gud. I'm coming for you.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I totally would do this for many past events, but I only have access to bracket images and the on-paper results, is there a way to upload to the rankings system in this way?
You can submit results manually just fine :)

Arzak

Smash Cadet
Sorry to harp Bomber but do you have those brackets? I'm still interested in seeing them if you've got them.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Dang I nearly didn't enter P:M singles at all, but that was certainly the coolest, most arduous and also rewarding tournament path I've ever had. All my sets were entertaining, I learned tons of new matchups, and got to play Luigi and Zelda (don't remember who else) in tournament. Ira put in work against me in the first set and sent me on a crazy fun path in losers. I was really happy to run it back against Ryker and get revenge for our last Open World PM meeting (and partial payback for my first ever smash tourney :drmario:), then beating Ira in the runback was pretty hype. You shoulda gone straight Squirtle, bro! You have crazy amounts of tech, game knowledge and skill, so the next step is just adding consistency, which comes with tons of experience, which you'll get soon enough :)

...then JNig rolled me hard. Dat Sheik, I need to find a counter haha. I think I'm getting pretty close in Melee, but you've got a handle on that P:M :sheikmelee::luigimelee: MU... for now! muWAHAHAHAHA

Apparently shoutouts can only happen when I'm :yeahboi:tin' a fool do ya feel me?

Top Bottom