• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Open World Monthly #5 April 19th, 2014

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Alright guys, the time is finally here! It's my time to say goodbye as a Smashcon TO. As some of you know, this is my last tournament I will be hosting, and it's been a honor and priviledge to organize events for all of you wonderful people. Thanks for making the previous events a blast and bringing the hype!

*** IMPORTANT *** However, this doesn't mean the Open World Smash tournaments will cease. I am handing over operations to the store owner, Gary. After this next monthly, I'll be telling him everything I know about running these events so they can run as smoothly as possible. I ask that you guys have patience with Gary because he knows little to nothing about smash, let alone running events for smash. I also ask that you help him out if he needs it, while also giving advice where needed (like seeding, also showing up, bringing set-ups, etc). I will also try to make sure that Open World remains the third Saturday of every month, since you guys are accustomed to it and it will also help you guys plan ahead of time to have a consistently scheduled event. I will continue to be a part of Smashcon, but instead of being a TO, I will more or less promote events; Open World will be no different. I will try to show up from time to time to see how the Open World Monthly is going, but for right now, I have other priorities for when I graduate college in May, so I won't have time to do this anymore.*** IMPORTANT ***

So without further adeu, here we go!

***This is a public event, please invite as many people as you can!**

Address: 2355 Florida Street, Mandeville, LA

Tournament Info:
Venue Fee- $5; - Bring full set-up (TV, console, and game) - $2
Entry Fee:
- Normal - $5 ($10 per team)
***NOT accepting any payment higher than $10 or less than $1***
Double Elimination (or pools)
Normal bracket matches- played best 2 of 3 games
Winner/Loser Finals- played best 3 of 5 games
Grande finals- Best of 2 sets

Payouts: 60-30-10

My number: Dominic (225) 454-0092
- If you are going to be no more than 10-15 minutes late, call me. Just make sure if you call or text me (preferably call), just tell me who you are so I can reserve a spot for you in the tournament.
-If you have any questions concerning the event, feel free to call me or text me.
-Make sure if you run off somewhere, you let me know. If I call your match and you don't show up in 5 minutes, you forfeit your match.

Events:
Singles- Brawl, Melee, Project M
Doubles (if we can get at least 3 teams)- Brawl, Melee, Project M
*For teams, if we have less than five teams, we will do pools, winner take all

Schedule:
12 pm - Doors open, registration begins for all events
1 pm - Brawl Doubles registration closes
1:30 pm- Brawl Singles registration closes
2 pm - Melee Doubles registration closes
2:30 pm - Melee Singles registration closes
3 pm - P:M Doubles registration closes
3:30 pm - P:M Singles registration closes

*Doubles will take priority over singles. If there aren't enough teams for any game to make a round robin bracket (at least 3 teams), we will proceed to singles for that game.

Rules:
Brawl
- 3 stocks, 8 min time limit, all items off
- Metaknight is legal
Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon Stadium
Counterpick Stages: Castle Seige, Lylatt Cruise, Frigate Orpheon
Double Metaknight banned from doubles

Melee
- 4 sotcks, 8 min time limit, all items off
- Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium

Project M 3.2
- 4 stocks, 8 minutes, all itmes off
-Neutral Stages: Page 1 bottom row
-Counterpick: Page 1 middle row

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Going out with a...

BANG, Dominic?
Don't worry guys, I'll see myself out...
I'll help out Gary as best as I can so it won't be overwhelming for him.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
My Zelda is ready for P:M! I hope this will be the best tourney I've ever been to! >:D Dominic you better bring the hype. u-u

Last edited:

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
Yo guys, I actually got my friend from Cali to fly down here and play in Open World Monthly. Lets make this one the best! <3

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
He needs housing so if you wanna.....XD I'll give you his numbah cuz he needs details n stuff. :3

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Unfortunately I can't house people. My folks are super weary about letting strangers into the house, especially people I don't know personally. :(

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
It's ok man, I can probably make one of my friends house him. (>‿◠)✌ But if any of you wanna house him, I'd appreciate it. (ʃƪ ˘ ³˘)

Top Bottom