• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Open World Monthly #1 November 16th, 2013 - November 16th, 2013 - Mandeville, LA

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'M BACK AND READY TO ROLL! DID YOU MISS ME? LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

I managed to find a new venue at a local game cafe called Open World. It is a pretty cool venue and the owners were more than happy to accommodate us. I look forward to having more tournaments at this venue and I hope you guys come to love it just as much as I have.

Tournament Details:
Venue- Open World Game Cafe
Address-2355 Florida St. Mandeville, LA 70448
Venue Hours- 12pm-12am
Registration Begins- 1pm
Events Begin- 2pm
Venue fee- $5
Tournament fee- $5

Line-up:
Brawl - 2pm
Project M- Free (or $1 if people want to try and win some cash, let me know)

This will be a Smashcon sponsored event:
1st place - 6 pts
2nd place - 3 pts
3rd place- 1 pt.

Rules:
Brawl
* 3 stock, 8 minute time limit, no items
* Metaknight is legal
* Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield, Yoahi's Island, Pokemon Stadium 1
Counterpick Stages: Lylatt Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

* Ledge Grab limit for MK is 35; sharking and infinite dimension cape banned
*Suicides: Victory goes to whoever pulled off the suicide
* Stage strike, or agree on a stage

PM
* 4 stock, 8 minute time limit, no items
* Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Hyrule Castle, SSE Jungle, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Skyloft, Rumble Falls, Fountain of Dreams, Dracula
Counterpick Stages: Castle Seige, Congo Jungle, Dreamland, Lylatt Cruise, Greenhill zone, Halberd, Metal Cavern
* Suicides: Victory goes to whoever pulled off the suicide
* Stage strike or agree

Pritch

Smash Lord
So...... melee?

I sort of feel like that should get more of a turnout than project m, but what do I know?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So...... melee?

I sort of feel like that should get more of a turnout than project m, but what do I know?
If you enough of you guys bother me about it, I'll host it, I have no problems with that, but you guys will have to show if I do offer it. Right now, it's a brand new monthly, brand new venue, I'm trying to start small, and I've found not too many people who play melee are able to make it to my events. I'm still pretty flexible, just let me know.

H Ware

Smash Rookie
If I can get off of work for that day, I can totally be there. And I'd probably bring around 5-7 people with me. Possibly more if everyone we know happens to be free. We're all pretty avid PM players

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If I can get off of work for that day, I can totally be there. And I'd probably bring around 5-7 people with me. Possibly more if everyone we know happens to be free. We're all pretty avid PM players
That would be amazing if you could bring 5-7 people, especially if it was 7 because then I would enter so we'd have an 8 man bracket. Iv'e been playing PM a lot more recently, but I've never entered in the tournament before so I really want to see where my skill lies (how low), so I can improve. If you could also bring set-ups as well, that would be great. I only have one wii, so I usually have to dedicate it to either brawl or PM depending on what game needs it most. If I can get at least one PM set-up then I won't have to worry about anything in the event I have to give up my wii for brawl.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Do you know if the guys like Gabe and such will be there? And that you have the event date on the first? I should be able to make this.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Do you know if the guys like Gabe and such will be there? And that you have the event date on the first? I should be able to make this.
Gabe is at LSU now, I invited him, but I'm not sure if he will be able to make it. Oh, and I see that now, I swear I had made that correct. Fixing now.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That would be awesome if his attendance would influence people to come as well. It'll be nice to see Gabe again, he's a cool guy.

Top Bottom