• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On Samus' changes in Brawl

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
No offense to the dude or anything, and I understand that he only had limited time in which to gather the massive amounts of data he did (and I'd like to take the opportunity once more to thank you for all you've done, dude. ^_^), and he even admitted that Hugs was the only one at E4A who used Samus effectively, but I think some of the things Gimpy said about Samus may have been wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiBDV9Xu9c

1:17 - 1:18

Samus fires a Super Missile at Peach. Peach reflects it by some means, and Samus is pushed back by the explosion. Now, unless the explosion of her own Missiles will always do something to Samus if she gets caught in it, unlike in Melee, it would seem that maybe they aren't quite what we've read they were. After all, that was just the explosion, not the actual missile impact, and rather than go straight up (vertical knockback) Samus was pushed back (horizontal knockback).

Samus is noticeably faster-though not by a great amount-in both movement and attack speed (they also have less start and end lag) in Brawl. This and another video prove it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rLLk7U3B8&feature=related

Also, in the first video, notice the height Peach goes from Samus' Dsmash, at only 30% and 50% (Samus' Dsmash does 17% damage). Yes, Peace is a light character, but that's 30 freakin' percent! On a normal-gravity Battlefield! When in the hell would that happen in Melee?

Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself with all this (no, I am not going to browse through every Samus-related E4A video on YouTube). What can I say, I support Samus forever. :chuckle: But really, give this a chance. I just can't believe that Samus' positive aspects would be so needlessly nerfed; it makes no sense, and Sakurai and his team aren't idiots.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
That would mean that Samus' Missile attack also gives her a kind of crouch-cancel.

Geist

Smash Master
crap i broke my keyboard from drooling. >.> **** dark suit.
this also confirms that zamus is pretty **** fast lol.

at least its safe to say im continuing to main samus

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
I won my first Brawl match as Samus, and she is only a little different. Her B moves have been nerfed, Missles now kill vertically. Her bomb jump is also much harder to use for recoveries, but it is possible... but she still has her high priority aerials (Which are better, btw) and her Smashes are improved. She's also heavier, or at least she seems to be. All in all, Samus is still pwnage, and she is all around better.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Um Peach blocked the missle attack by doing a dash attack and it looks like Samus got hit by it thats why she got pushed back. Remember Peach's dash attack hits twice now :p.
yea, peach canceled the missile with her dash attack and hit samus at the same time.

Top Bottom