• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni (Link) VS Sex (Roy) 2

Jash

Smash Lord
Omni, Your Link makes me mad. You don't grab at all and that is a BIG mistake. Did you see how long it took you to kill Roy? He had about 198 and a simple grab would have killed him but you didn't do it. Just something for you to think about.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Don't listen to Jash. You should never encourage a Link player to grab with the type of easily punishable grab that Link has. It isn't easy to mindgame your way into a grab on a smart opponent, so you have to make sure that every grab that connect counts since you shouldn't be getting alot of chances to land one.

SO...
That Roy player was pretty bad, it bascially spammed random moves without any knowledge of how to effectively play the character.

The Link player pretty much abused that aspect of the Roy player and won by 3 stocks. However, that doesn't make the Link player good....I don't have anything good to say about the Link player besides the fact he won. Facing a Roy like that, I'm surprised you lost a life.

Both of you, keep practicing and learn how to use you're characters. Try watching vids good players ---V

Link player: Search for Trevyn, Azen, and Aniki on youtube
Roy player: Use this thread of good Roy vids--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=80353

Jash

Smash Lord
Ok Nj so your saying you should only Grab with Link once? Its not hard to grab with Link, not at all. You just have to know how to do it. Dont make me the Bad Guy NJ. No hard feelings Omni, im just trying to help you out.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Did I say only once? Watch Azen's Link (the best in America) and tell me how many times he attempts a grab. I'm not sure where you're getting this bad guy image by the way >_>

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
oh GAWD. watchin that roy getting slaughtered was just painful:urg: . Need to work on that shffling but mainly HOW to play roy. just whippin out random moves aint gonna get you a win

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
listen to NJz, me and him post alot in the same link threads, and i have gathered that he knows his link. But honestly I do believe the Grab is important and yes it should be used sparingly, possible only to tech chase which it is amazing for.

Top Bottom