• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

okay..samus chaingrabbing..dont get excited

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
my friend has REALLy good DI...like amazing. he can break out of my chaingrabs with any character.

but the other day he was playing samus. And if i did my D-air chaingrab perfect and VERY quick he couldnt get out of it. i was shocked and amazed.

We put 99 stocks on and i chaingrabbed him and he tried a lot of different ways of DIing and jumping out but none work.

nethier of us are n00bs so dont say we are idiots and dont know what we are talking about. it happened and im still in shock

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
If he can't time the SDI right it will be harder to break out. Doing the chain grab faster makes it tougher to escape, so does mixing it up, and throwing in jabs/blizzards/wobbles can mess with their timing. It makes sense in theory, but of course it won't do anything if the victim is floaty enough to jump out.

What kind of d-t/d-air were you doing? (Short-Hopped or not, and was it reverse?)

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
it was the down throw to short hopped down air.

what i didnt do was try to Up B out of it now that i think about it. i did try just normal jumping out of it but her second jump is somwhat slow so idk.

has someone else ever done it successfully?

Top Bottom