• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ok im using ics

mariofan292

Smash Cadet
ok im gonna use the ics but was wondering wat r the main grabs i will be using
also i heard about the edge chain grab and was wondering if thats one of the grabs ill find myself using a lot

Binx

Smash Master
you probably wont use it in a real match almost ever, I have never seen it used in a competetive match, also though I have never used it so I dont want to say its useless but it is something you can win without.

The main grabs you will be using are downthrow > nana up smash, or downthrow > nana forward smash, second to those is downthrow > nana down air.

mariofan292

Smash Cadet
ok thx and wat is the edge grab out of curiosity and umm do u have aim cause u seem to no wat ur talking about and it would make things easier

Binx

Smash Master
I beleive the edgegrab is when you have throw your opponent and you grab them with nana, because your close to the edge nana will always forward throw them off and you regrab them and keep doing this to rack up percents, its a situation infinite, I havnt been able to figure out how to really do it with any sort of consistency, my aim is in my profile binxybrown, im rarely on but go ahead and message me if I am.

Drecker

Smash Ace
Saying Wobbles did it once is like saying Jesus could walk on water. The rest of us won't, he's just godly that way.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
The edge chaingrab is very usable in tournament. I've used it, Wobbles used it, Chu used it on PC Chris ( with 3 grabs from nana I might add), and I'm sure other IC players like choknater have used it in tourney as well. Sure it's situational, but even if you grab, let's say a Marth facing away from the stage, you reverse d-air chain throw once straight into edge chain throw. The way I see it is there's no reason not to learn it. If the situation comes up you just have another gun in your arsenal.

Binx

Smash Master
The edge chaingrab is very usable in tournament. I've used it, Wobbles used it, Chu used it on PC Chris ( with 3 grabs from nana I might add), and I'm sure other IC players like choknater have used it in tourney as well. Sure it's situational, but even if you grab, let's say a Marth facing away from the stage, you reverse d-air chain throw once straight into edge chain throw. The way I see it is there's no reason not to learn it. If the situation comes up you just have another gun in your arsenal.
Makes sense, do you have a link to any vids of it being used in a tourney? I want to see it in action.

Top Bottom