• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offline: Chilean National Tournament

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
I recorded almost every one of my matches and some others.
Details:
- Date: 9th and 10th of January
- Not on console, but on offline PCs. Some of us even played on keyboard, so feel free to call it fake smash if you want. It was more of a Kaillera meeting to get to know each other in person. And to play without delay and lag for a change. Actually, I think you can tell from the matches that all of us are online players.
- About 26 people were in it.
- Entrance fee was about 3 bucks, but if you contributed with a PC you could play for free. Winner won about 32 bucks, the rest went to second and third places.
- Matches were best of three until semis. From semis onwards it was best of five.

Here's the list of matches I will upload. I will edit links as I upload them, but work is pretty much consuming me right now, so I will take it slowly, maybe one or two vids per day.

Winner's Brackets:
My quarter finals: Tambor vs Kirox
Tambor (Fox) vs Kirox (Mario)
Tambor (Fox) vs Kirox (Pink C. Falcon)

My semi-finals: Tambor vs Ðånn¥ ][§sß][
Tambor (Pikachu) vs Ðånn¥ ][§sß] (Mario)
Tambor (Fox) vs Ðånn¥ ][§sß][ (Mario)
I forgot to record the third fight.

Finals: Ðånn¥ ][§sß][ vs Oblivion
Ðånn¥ ][§sß][ (Mario) vs Oblivion (Fox)
Ðånn¥ ][§sß][ (Mario) vs Oblivion (Kirby)
Ðånn¥ ][§sß][ (Mario) vs Oblivion (Link)

Loser's Brackets:
Finals: Tambor vs Oblivion (from match 2 onwards, I forgot to record the first fight: It was a Pika ditto on Dreamland which Oblivion won)
Tambor (C. Falcon) vs Oblivion (Fox)
Tambor (Cyan Kirby) vs Oblivion (Pink Kirby)
Tambor (C. Falcon) vs Oblivion (Jigglypuff)

Tourney's Finals:
Tambor vs Ðånn¥ ][§sß]
Tambor (C. Falcon) vs Ðånn¥ ][§sß] (Mario)
Tambor (C. Falcon) vs Ðånn¥ ][§sß][ (Mario)
Tambor (Pikachu) vs Ðånn¥ ][§sß][ (Mario)

Bonus: Some friendlies against Kirox.
Tambor (Black C. Falcon) vs Kirox (C. Falcon)
Tambor (DK) vs Fox (Kirox)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ooh boy! Some national-tourney action from my third-favorite South American smash country! cannot wait.

And I mean that in all seriousness; those first two matches were entertaining as all get out.

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
Bump. Five new matches posted. Watch me get ***** and do lots of stupid mistakes :ohwell:
I'll be putting some comments in Spanish in the video descriptions. Match notes and other stuff. Should I translate those into English?

Ooh boy! Some national-tourney action from my third-favorite South American smash country! cannot wait.
I can't help but wonder about your first and second-favorite South American smash countries.

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
English is more common, so I'd say Yes.
Maybe I'm overreading, but somehow your comment implies I should replace the description and leave it in English. That was never my intention, I was only asking if I should put both.
Ona side note, Spanish is the second most natively spoken language in the world, after Mandarin Chinese. I think English is more common if you add the non-native speakers, like me.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I was actually thinking of both too.
and as I read my previous post again, it can get to be misunderstood though.
:S

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
good vids, I wished danny would of used some of his other characters though, like DK or falcon.

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
They way you guys lose to Danny makes me rage

Is there a SA online tier list?
Yeah, I didn't like the way I lost to him either and hate watching the videos of it. But I learned a lot from my mistakes. This was my first tourney after all. I feel like I forced myself to play a different playstyle, but then I gradually got closer to my actual playstyle as the tourney came to an end. I'm not really used to playing to win. (No johns by the way, just some stuff I learned for my next tourney.)
It's too bad my third match of the semis against him wasn't recorded. It was way closer, as I explain in the video description of the second match.
Feel free to point out all that you raged at, I probably know it already (I probably raged during the match for those same reasons), but I won't mind. I take criticism well.

And no, no SA online tier list. Each country to his own: Brazil, Chile and Argentina have their own servers with no activities between them.
Tambor, when are you gonna upload the friendlys : 3 ???
Once I finish uploading the tourney matches.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can't help but wonder about your first and second-favorite South American smash countries.
Brazil and Peru, but that's just because they posted TOURNEY VIDZ!

Keep it up, and you've got a good shot at #1 ;)

Great matches so far, btw.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
well... some comments before the GF arrives ..
I dont really liked Oblivion game... i mean , thats a tourney,and he try some lame counterpicks.. and missing L canceling and basic combos.. but anyway..
Tambor have a good falcon and fox(VERY similar to my own fox when i'm in shape),some things to improve of course like some overfancy stuff that was unecessery but u r going in the write path.. focusing in combos + movimentation and spacing + mind game the formula for a kickass falcon..
danny owns,but isnt any surprise for me,i've been following his game for a while now hehe ..
looking foward to the GF!

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
well... some comments before the GF arrives ..
I dont really liked Oblivion game... i mean , thats a tourney,and he try some lame counterpicks.. and missing L canceling and basic combos.. but anyway..
Tambor have a good falcon and fox(VERY similar to my own fox when i'm in shape),some things to improve of course like some overfancy stuff that was unecessery but u r going in the write path.. focusing in combos + movimentation and spacing + mind game the formula for a kickass falcon..
danny owns,but isnt any surprise for me,i've been following his game for a while now hehe ..
looking foward to the GF!
Thank you for your comments.
About Oblivion's game, he keeps it simple and effective, that's always been his playstyle. It's easy to criticize the losing side, but he is actually very good. As a matter of fact, me and Oblivion sent Danny's worst fears to loser's brackets (and then out of loser's brackets as well).
About my game... You're right, I have lots to improve. I barely played last year, so that's my main excuse. I felt completely out of shape. When I look at it that way, I'm happy I got to the finals.
I will probably upload the GF tonight.

Peek~

Smash Lord
>Choosing Jiggster against Falcon

People still believe in this matchup(counter)??

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for your comments.
About Oblivion's game, he keeps it simple and effective, that's always been his playstyle. It's easy to criticize the losing side, but he is actually very good. As a matter of fact, me and Oblivion sent Danny's worst fears to loser's brackets (and then out of loser's brackets as well).
About my game... You're right, I have lots to improve. I barely played last year, so that's my main excuse. I felt completely out of shape. When I look at it that way, I'm happy I got to the finals.
I will probably upload the GF tonight.
"Danny's worst fears" who are they? just curious

Danny_SsB

Smash Apprentice
GF posted.

Since when do matchups/counters determine the outcome of a match?

No idea if I'm allowed to answer this. If you want to know, ask him.
Tambor, don't forget that also you had the same fear that I :troll: :troll: :troll:

nice matches, I Look at Tambor playing in notebook and is a monster , is very fast using the keyboard D:

Top Bottom