• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Standard Custom Moveset Project: Mii Swordfighter

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Welcome to the official Smashboards Standard Custom Set project. In brief, this project is designed to be a logistical solution to using custom movesets in tournaments by filling many of the in-game slots with the most popular and powerful sets for each character so they can be quickly selected without further 3ds import. This will allow tournaments with customizations on to save large amounts of time throughout the event. More details about the project's ideas and mission can be found here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-proposal-we-can-make-custom-moves-fast-easy-and-legal.379555/

Our goal here is to find out what the most popular and powerful sets are for your particular character the best way we know how: asking you the mains of this character. To be clear, we're not talking about disallowing any particular custom sets or even imposing any rules in general; we're talking about making sure the popular and powerful options are simply accessible quickly in a tournament environment as our sole mission. We need up to three critical sets that represent the best options your character has that have wide general utility and from there to fill up to slot 6 with supplemental movesets that will cover less mainstream, more match-up specific, or even teams sets. Slots 7 and 8 are reserved for 2222 and 3333 to allow all moves to be explored more easily in the new metagame, and slots 9 and 10 are left open for 3ds import of non-standard sets.

Please list all movesets in the order NSUD, that is neutral special, side special, up special, and down special. This four digit code will be the naming convention so players can quickly and easily identify which moveset is which.

Since your character is a Mii Fighter, we will need to know Mii Size in addition to moveset. We'll be representing minimum size as Small, maximum size as Big, min height max width as Wide, max height min width as Tall, and the default Mii as Normal. If you wish to use a size that does not fit any of those criteria, please indicate it as Custom and describe precisely how the parameters are to be set.

As a Mii Fighter, your character does not have slot limits like an ordinary fighter. You are free to include as many sets as will be useful and are not limited to six, but please do try to only include sets that are reasonably likely to be picked as creating Miis is a slower and more time consuming process than setting custom movesets for an ordinary fighter.

I would ask that everyone please be respectful of each other's opinions; this game is young, and the metagame is still very much forming so we are likely to each perceive it differently. This project will be revisited throughout the game's lifespan and revised to properly include the most mainstream movesets at the time. What we want for now is what will be commonly selected for now, and don't worry, other options are not being discriminated against as those last two slots are left open for 3ds transfer for a reason. This first version of this project will be refined throughout the rest of the year, but I hope to have a very rough draft up and usable by December 5 so TOs who wish to use the results of this project will have something to plug in for that weekend's worth of events. Thank you for your cooperation in this project, and we look forward to making sure the most useful options are quickly available for your character under this system.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I think we talked about this in another thread but short-wide mii with 1321 is one of the stronger Swordfighters I myself prefer1331 or 2332.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Haha He actually made a topic here. I don't know if they will allow use to short/wide mii. I have been messing with Normal Mii for tournament training. Being adapting pretty well. My setup is 1121 but I need more testing. I think I can make Burring Blade against people that like Slanted Bottom platforms.

ZobmieRules

Smash Cadet
I personally use 1211 on my main Swordfighter (Big Mii). I'm defense spec'd, so the extra movement from Slash Launcher is appreciated. But, I'm terrible with AA. I kill myself 75% of the time when I use it. Once (if) I get better, I'll switch back to AA. For the time being, I'm happy with Slash Launcher. This said, I could also get behind a different Up-Special.

Last edited:

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
Well, a longer response is what this thread could use. I grabbed this from the reddit thread:

Neutral: Tornado strike offers little damage and a lot of wind up. the edge of its range has gimp potential, but easily seen coming. On the plus side, if it gets deflected, its not too big a deal. therefore its odd you have all your sets using "1". Shuriken is a decent projectile, but has a little too much lag. its a good way to lure opponenets closer, especially if you accompany downspecial 2 (reflect) with it. Bladeflurry can be pivoted upon star, and can be used out of an airdodge cancel and has killing potential. The only downside is it can be shielded on the last hit sometimes and leaves you open if you miss. but a pivoted airdodge cancel catches people out a lot. 2 and 3 are still viable options for swordsman neutral.

side:The chakram has its appeals, but due to being able to change your facing direction around 5 times on surging slash (2) and the insane recovery on airborne assault, sometimes taking light shuriken is the better option. You weigh up if you want recovery or something to use on the ground. "1" is very viable if youre looking to recover, but be careful to not SD when using it onstage. I used to use it on my tank build. -100 speed and could still recover from the far side of the screen's lens. 1 for recovery, 2 for mindgame/approach and 3 for a projectile if you dont have any yet.

UP: 1 hs kill potential and a meteor, but bad recovery. 2 is the best recovery option as you can move in any direction and can be used onstage as an attack. 3 feels exactly the same as links. great onstage attack, but weak recovery in this case though. 2 for recovery, 1 for meteor/gimps and 3 for an all around move.

Down: why always counter? reflect spin is amazing as both a way to deal with projectile spam which swordies need and a great gimping tool (its mario's cape). Choosing between a counter or a reflect is a tough choice, and often why 3 never sees use. 3 can be used to slightly aid recovery however, but when your other options are 1 and 2 and you have your side/up for recovery, its essentially useless. In short, dont put nothing but 1, give 2 a chance.

TL;DR

Try 2122, 3222, 2131, 3132.
3 upvotes

RWB

Smash Ace
I recommend against Wide Miis. We initially thought they had extra range(the model gets a longer sword with width increases), but they don't, Thin Mii's have the same. The extra mobility on thin Miis is probably better than anything wide Miis can offer!

Thecombosetups

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ComboSetup
3DS FC
3540-1655-8773
i use 1321 on my default mii which the projecties are good for spacing and the is good also great on keeping the opponent away

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
You guys have interesting custom sets. We should battle each other and learn from each other. Also, welcome to the Sword Fight Club.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Sounds good bro. Post your Friend Code or NNID and we get stuff battling going. 2466-3948-3191 and Unknownkidx. My build varies but have been messing around with 1111 lately.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Max height, middleweight, 3111 is my go-to swordfighter statistics.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Mii Swordfighter is currently considered bottom tier by almost everyone which, unfortunately, seems unlikely to drive a lot of discussion for him, but I see a few people have interest in the guy.

This is just a post to remind people that we need to figure out moveset and size for this character, and with recent developments in our understanding of Mii size parameters, the old thinking is clearly wrong especially for swordfighter. It may be that a correctly built size for him will be the secret to him being a better character than people think so if the true optimum for this can be known that would be perhaps the most important thing (though movesets need nailed down too!).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Mii Swordfighter is currently considered bottom tier by almost everyone which, unfortunately, seems unlikely to drive a lot of discussion for him, but I see a few people have interest in the guy.

This is just a post to remind people that we need to figure out moveset and size for this character, and with recent developments in our understanding of Mii size parameters, the old thinking is clearly wrong especially for swordfighter. It may be that a correctly built size for him will be the secret to him being a better character than people think so if the true optimum for this can be known that would be perhaps the most important thing (though movesets need nailed down too!).
Well, I know that any height taller than default is not good because of the lack of speed and mobility. You don't want to be max weight because of the loss of mobility. Min height is also not optimal because you lose range...If the optimal Swordfighter were to be made it be somewhere in between min height and default and thinish.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Well, I know that any height taller than default is not good because of the lack of speed and mobility. You don't want to be max weight because of the loss of mobility. Min height is also not optimal because you lose range...If the optimal Swordfighter were to be made it be somewhere in between min height and default and thinish.
It has been suggested that this might be min weight and 1/4 height (half-way in-between smallest and default). Does that seem likely?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
You know, I don't know the optimum weight and height. Everyone has something different as you can see. Unlike Brawler or Gunner, Swordfighter still suffer for being Default Weight/Height.

I know @T1MMY uses Short and Max Weight Mii for Mii Swordfighter (correct me if I am) and he is the most successful Mii Swordfighter I have ever seen. You can watch his gameplay here: http://www.twitch.tv/gamepadarena (perhaps I should post timestamps later) . I believe Feb 12th is where I have seen him use SF the most.

Personally, I have been growing comfortable with Short and Default Weight.

Anyways, whatever choice you make for perfect size, I will adjust to it.

@ Antonykun Antonykun I thought you dropped Swordfighter?

EDIT: http://www.twitch.tv/gamepadarena/b/623601463
01:03:42 vs Shulk
02:53:10 vs Jigglypuff
02:56:55 vs Luigi
03:28:46 vs Mac
03:32:20 vs Wendy
04:39:16 vs Brawler
04:57:17 vs Brawler

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You know, I don't know the optimum weight and height. Everyone has something different as you can see. Unlike Brawler or Gunner, Swordfighter still suffer for being Default Weight/Height.

I know @T1MMY uses Short and Max Weight Mii for Mii Swordfighter (correct me if I am) and he is the most successful Mii Swordfighter I have ever seen. You can watch his gameplay here: http://www.twitch.tv/gamepadarena (perhaps I should post timestamps later) . I believe Feb 12th is where I have seen him use SF the most.

Personally, I have been growing comfortable with Short and Default Weight.

Anyways, whatever choice you make for perfect size, I will adjust to it.

@ Antonykun Antonykun I thought you dropped Swordfighter?
Just because I dropped Swordfighter doesn't mean I can't contribute to this sub forum. Wanting to contribute to the worst character in the game's meta was the reason i mained Swordfighter. (That and I thought Villager was invincible)

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
So, giving my thoughts on Swordfighter (Which for some reason I started loving after using him).

I use a slightly smaller and thiner Mii, which is what I prefer the most because of the overall mobility/range feel I have.

When it comes to Specs, my setup is a little bit more defensive oriented.

NSpec I tend to use Shuriken of Light, because it's a good projectile to be using a lot on some MUs. Using it on SH it's pretty good because it doesn't leave you open that much time.

SSpec Airborne Assault. This is mostly because Swordfighter overall recovery feels lackluster on his USpec, so I prefer having a great recovery here. I used to pick up Chakram tho. And be careful because SD's will happen at first.

USpec Stone Scabbard, because I use Airborne Assault, and Swordfighter that uses a jump is mostly dead, I prefer a "Safe" recovery option (It has a little bit of invincibility frames at the beggining). It can work as a little answer because of same invincibilty frames.

DSpec Reversal Slash, mostly because I suck at using counters and I love Mario's Cape.

On most games, I tend to use him as more of a spacie type of character (Like you would play Marth or so), using Fairs and Nairs on SH mostly, I also use DTilt and UTilt a lot, FTilt is more for killing. As for grabs... I don't like them that much, but the pummel deals a good ammount of damage (3% I believe) and in early % you can DThrow NAir and maybe UAir.

That's all I got, I'm pretty new to the char, but I'm enjoying him a lot, hope this helps

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Just because I dropped Swordfighter doesn't mean I can't contribute to this sub forum. Wanting to contribute to the worst character in the game's meta was the reason i mained Swordfighter. (That and I thought Villager was invincible)
I see. Sorry if I came off hostile. I figure you were completely done with him.

So, giving my thoughts on Swordfighter (Which for some reason I started loving after using him).

I use a slightly smaller and thiner Mii, which is what I prefer the most because of the overall mobility/range feel I have.

When it comes to Specs, my setup is a little bit more defensive oriented.

NSpec I tend to use Shuriken of Light, because it's a good projectile to be using a lot on some MUs. Using it on SH it's pretty good because it doesn't leave you open that much time.

SSpec Airborne Assault. This is mostly because Swordfighter overall recovery feels lackluster on his USpec, so I prefer having a great recovery here. I used to pick up Chakram tho. And be careful because SD's will happen at first.

USpec Stone Scabbard, because I use Airborne Assault, and Swordfighter that uses a jump is mostly dead, I prefer a "Safe" recovery option (It has a little bit of invincibility frames at the beggining). It can work as a little answer because of same invincibilty frames.

DSpec Reversal Slash, mostly because I suck at using counters and I love Mario's Cape.

On most games, I tend to use him as more of a spacie type of character (Like you would play Marth or so), using Fairs and Nairs on SH mostly, I also use DTilt and UTilt a lot, FTilt is more for killing. As for grabs... I don't like them that much, but the pummel deals a good ammount of damage (3% I believe) and in early % you can DThrow NAir and maybe UAir.

That's all I got, I'm pretty new to the char, but I'm enjoying him a lot, hope this helps
Interesting choice. I will said you should give Hero's Spin try. It has the best recovery and kills for OoS option.

Also, I post the times for Timmy's Swordfighter.

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Interesting choice. I will said you should give Hero's Spin try. It has the best recovery and kills for OoS option.

Also, I post the times for Timmy's Swordfighter.
I don't really like Hero's Spin as a recovery option, but I'll test it out as an OoS option (Tho DSmash it's great onto that already, so let's see)

RoboTek

Smash Rookie
Stone Scabbard is powerful as a fast attack upwards, because of the rising hitbox in front of the Mii. It is significantly better in this way than I expected, and the fast fall makes it harder to punish.

I feel his rapid-thrust nB is right out the worst, being easy to counter and weak when pulled off. SoL gives a fast projectile that is easy to respond to, and Whirlwind gives a slower projectile that can leave you open for responding to it (chip damage vs shield is significant).

Side B and Down B can be basically anything based upon preference. For some reason this group seems to really like counter, but I view that as incredible niche. They also seem to dislike his Falcon kick, which is really solid mixup and helps him approach projectile characters who are better than him at spamming.

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Problem with the Falcon Kick is it has a stupid ding noise letting everyone not deaf know it's about to come out. It's like Flare Blitz only not nearly as powerful to justify the warning siren.

I personally wish swordfighter got the ZSS flip move instead of brawler. Would have been an excellent mix-up.

As-is, I use 1-2-3-1. Any neutral move is viable, Airborn Assault is pretty much Little Mac's self-gimp move and is really difficult to use effectively. Slash Launcher works better than it in the same practice in every way. Up Special can be anything. Down Special can be anything in theory, but I swear Reversal Slash has such awful range it's preferable to use counter instead.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I don't know if we should post this here or in the Swordfighter Discussion Thread. Whatever... we are talking Moves. Anyways, welcome Swordfighters board and new members to Smash Board. Enjoy your stay/

Stone Scabbard is powerful as a fast attack upwards, because of the rising hitbox in front of the Mii. It is significantly better in this way than I expected, and the fast fall makes it harder to punish.

I feel his rapid-thrust nB is right out the worst, being easy to counter and weak when pulled off. SoL gives a fast projectile that is easy to respond to, and Whirlwind gives a slower projectile that can leave you open for responding to it (chip damage vs shield is significant).

Side B and Down B can be basically anything based upon preference. For some reason this group seems to really like counter, but I view that as incredible niche. They also seem to dislike his Falcon kick, which is really solid mixup and helps him approach projectile characters who are better than him at spamming.
I like Stone Scabbard for what is it. It is fast, snaps to the ledge and spikes on the way down. I wish it had invincibility on start up, super armor or did more damage. I have been practicing with the spike too but I need to face towards the ledge to survive. It might be little overpower if we can grab the ledge backwards.

Neutral B are all fine in my opinion. I do find SoL to be the best one overall. At max range, it appears to do a lot of shield damage. Gale Strike is alright. Beats most projectiles and moves. I having trouble making the windbox to work in my favor though. Blurring Blade is cool but not doable since the multiple hits doesn't connect into the last hit well. I have been learning to use against Air Dodge.

No one hates Power Thrust. That post in the beginning was due to our ignorance. All the Down Bs are good but situational imo. Counter is counter. It is a niche move but a reliable niche move. I feel like it has Mac's Counter Duration with Ike's Power.
Reversal Slash is good but the range or speed seems off. It is Mario's cape so you can reflect stuff while facing backwards (which is hilarious). But I can make Mario's Cape work most of the time but RS in a heated battle is... frustrating. Mario's Cape has larger hitbox, making it easier to land.
Power Thrust is good for mobility (something we Swordfighters lack) but the projectile beating is inconsistent imo. Sometimes, I can beat Samus' uncharge shot or homing missile. Other times, I cannot. Unless there is a secret I am missing. I am all ears.

Problem with the Falcon Kick is it has a stupid ding noise letting everyone not deaf know it's about to come out. It's like Flare Blitz only not nearly as powerful to justify the warning siren.

I personally wish swordfighter got the ZSS flip move instead of brawler. Would have been an excellent mix-up.

As-is, I use 1-2-3-1. Any neutral move is viable, Airborn Assault is pretty much Little Mac's self-gimp move and is really difficult to use effectively. Slash Launcher works better than it in the same practice in every way. Up Special can be anything. Down Special can be anything in theory, but I swear Reversal Slash has such awful range it's preferable to use counter instead.
Meh... I never had an issue with that personally. I do know that Power Thrust is unsafe on hit until 20%.

RWB

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think Swordfighter's ideal size is kinda hard to pin down.

Do you want a slightly campy, projectile-tossing Swordfighter who can capitalize on the projectiles? Then it should probably be thin and short, to maximize the ability to move around and chase.

Do you want to have range for your disjoint? Then Tall, or at least Standard height. Possibly thin for the better dash and jump.

I do think a set with Shuriken of Light, Chakram, Hero's Spin and any of the Down B moves is pretty neat.

SoL is your fastest projectile, Chakram can be shot multiple directions and also mindgamed with(short throw), Hero Spin is very respectable recovery.

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814

I use 1231 (1-2-3-1) as well. To be more specifically, a max Tall Wide Swordfighter with that moveset so that I can make use of its reach and power.

Many say that any neutral move is viable, but I really don't like SoL. At its best, it does 8% damage, but its reach is very short in comparison to Gale Strike which ended up in me unable to throw the SoL at the enemy unless I was VERY close to them. I stick to Gale Strike because when it doesn't pull off some damage, it can stop certain projectiles.
Slash Launcher is unfortunately an inferior version of Ike's Quick Draw. It has half the distance it can achieve which means you're easier to be punished since your attack can easily end a few pixels before the opponent. That said, it's a good recovery move and due to the fact you go through your opponent, 7 out of 10 times you'll find yourself escaping a counter attack.
Hero's Spin is a good recovery move plus it has killing potential if you go all air-game on the opponent. Counter is a very reliable move, however, it can easily be countered (no pun intended) by opponents going all grabbing or projectile spamming.

It might not be the "best" since I myself have yet to test out the Chakram and the other Down-B moves, but I reckon that this set is a solid one.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Swordfighter has naturally low range and high lag, so he may benefit more from min height compared to gunner with naturally high range and brawler with naturally high speed. 1/4 height swordfighter will still have trouble directly challenging attacks.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Edit: Most of this data is wrong:
I'd like to point out this finding I just discovered about Mii Swordfighter. Unlike Brawler and Gunner, who gain range for being taller, it appears that Swordfighter gains range for being fatter. The differences are visible even when you line them up, side by side. Look at the sword lengths:

It's clear that, unlike the other two Mii types, a Swordfighter actually gains range with weight, rather than tallness. With this in mind, I wanted to determine what else changes for Swordfighter depending on his height and weight, so I ran a few tests with the following results:
Short Thin
- Battlefield covered in 1.33s (1.32, 1.36, 1.33, 1.32, 1.32)
- High Jump
- 1/4 Speed: Shield up after Dsmash in 3.60s (3.52, 3.59, 3.64, 3.61, 3.62)
- Low Range Attacks
- Slash Launcher = 10 blocks travelled
- Death from Bob-omb at 50% damage
- Fully charged tipper Fsmash = 21% damage

Short Fat
- Battlefield covered in 1.54s (1.49, 1.57, 1.53, 1.54, 1.58)
- Average Jump
- 1/4 Speed: Shield up after Dsmash in 3.57s (3.60, 3.53, 3.54, 3.56, 3.63)
- High Range Attacks
- Slash Launcher = 8 blocks travelled
- Death from Bob-omb at 51% damage
- Fully charged tipper Fsmash = 22% damage

Tall Thin
- Battlefield covered in 1.74s (1.78, 1.75, 1.78, 1.73, 1.68)
- Below Average Jump
- 1/4 Speed: Shield up after Dsmash in 4.89s (4.95, 4.89, 4.90, 4.81, 4.89)
- Low Range Attacks

Tall Fat
- Battlefield covered in 2.02s (2.04, 1.98, 2.03, 2.04, 1.99)
- Very Bad Jump
- 1/4 Speed: Shield up after Dsmash in 4.87s (4.81, 4.92, 4.83, 4.91, 4.87)
- High Range Attacks
- Death from Bob-omb at 52% damage
- Fully charged tipper Fsmash = 23% damage

By translating the data, these are the perks and nerfs you obtain when you have the following stats, from what I can tell:

Short:
+ Higher jump height and mobility
+ Faster overall speed of moves
- Lighter
- Lower damage output

Tall:
+ Heavier
+ Higher damage output
- Lower jump height and mobility
- Lower overall speed of moves

Thin:
- Less range
- Lighter
- Lower damage output

Heavy:
+ More range
+ Heavier
+ Higher damage output

This matrix of changes seems to be radically different from what Brawler and Gunner have, so I figured it would be important to point out. With these adjustments in mind, I would believe that a Swordfighter with a low height and at least middle weight(I would say just go straight fattest) would be ideal, rather than the commonly accepted "thinnest and 1/4 height." What do you think?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Only the Sword the larger with weight not the actual range. Thin Swords have slightly more range than what they actually have and thick Swords have less range.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Oh hello JohnNumbers. I believe san argued that the range distance was only a visual effect not an actual range increase. Trust me, you are not the only one fell for this haha.

Nice, custom WFT at Smash on 4, btw.

Edit: But you can prove range issue with actual data that will completely concluded this discussion about it. Also, I find it interesting that the fat characters endlag for Dsmash is faster than the thin ones. Hmm...

Last edited:

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
I'd like to point out this finding I just discovered about Mii Swordfighter. Unlike Brawler and Gunner, who gain range for being taller, it appears that Swordfighter gains range for being fatter. The differences are visible even when you line them up, side by side. Look at the sword lengths:

It's clear that, unlike the other two Mii types, a Swordfighter actually gains range with weight, rather than tallness. With this in mind, I wanted to determine what else changes for Swordfighter depending on his height and weight, so I ran a few tests with the following results:
Short Thin
- Battlefield covered in 1.33s (1.32, 1.36, 1.33, 1.32, 1.32)
- High Jump
- 1/4 Speed: Shield up after Dsmash in 3.60s (3.52, 3.59, 3.64, 3.61, 3.62)
- Low Range Attacks

Short Fat
- Battlefield covered in 1.54s (1.49, 1.57, 1.53, 1.54, 1.58)
- Average Jump
- 1/4 Speed: Shield up after Dsmash in 3.57s (3.60, 3.53, 3.54, 3.56, 3.63)
- High Range Attacks
- Death from Bob-omb at 51% damage
- Fully charged tipper Fsmash = 22% damage

Tall Thin
- Battlefield covered in 1.74s (1.78, 1.75, 1.78, 1.73, 1.68)
- Below Average Jump
- 1/4 Speed: Shield up after Dsmash in 4.89s (4.95, 4.89, 4.90, 4.81, 4.89)
- Low Range Attacks

Tall Fat
- Battlefield covered in 2.02s (2.04, 1.98, 2.03, 2.04, 1.99)
- Very Bad Jump
- 1/4 Speed: Shield up after Dsmash in 4.87s (4.81, 4.92, 4.83, 4.91, 4.87)
- High Range Attacks
- Death from Bob-omb at 52% damage
- Fully charged tipper Fsmash = 23% damage

By translating the data, these are the perks and nerfs you obtain when you have the following stats, from what I can tell:

Short:
+ Faster overall speed of moves
- Lighter
- Lower damage output

Tall:
+ Heavier
+ Higher damage output
- Lower overall speed of moves

Thin:
- Less range
- Lighter
- Lower damage output

Heavy:
+ More range
+ Heavier
+ Higher damage output

This matrix of changes seems to be radically different from what Brawler and Gunner have, so I figured it would be important to point out. With these adjustments in mind, I would believe that a Swordfighter with a low height and at least middle weight(I would say just go straight fattest) would be ideal, rather than the commonly accepted "thinnest and 1/4 height." What do you think?
So... Tall Heavy Swordfighter is actually the worst Swordfighter huh? I guess I should consider Short Heavy then, even though I prefer full powerhouse formats over speed.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So... Tall Heavy Swordfighter is actually the worst Swordfighter huh? I guess I should consider Short Heavy then, even though I prefer full powerhouse formats over speed.
Yeah Tall Heavy is the worst Swordfighter. Loses a lot without gaining much in return...

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Oh hello JohnNumbers. I believe san argued that the range distance was only a visible effect not an actual range increase. Trust me, you are not the only one fell for this haha.
@ san. san. Can you confirm this? If this is true then dang this game is weirder than I thought.

Also, I find it interesting that the fat characters endlag for Dsmash is faster than the thin ones. Hmm...
The slight difference in timing can be accounted for human error, that's all. I'm pretty sure fat and thin Miis are exactly the same when it comes to endlag.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@ san. san. Can you confirm this? If this is true then dang this game is weirder than I thought.
I can confirm. Weight makes the sword larger, but the hitbox size/length doesn't seem to change. Try using a max height, minimum weight Swordfighter and test the range on Fsmash for the best example.

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
That's outta control, I swear lmao

So in that case, we're back to 1/4 height and thinnest being optimal, in that case? Or maybe 1/2 height and thinnest.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i think 1/2 height is the tallest you want, maybe...
Is the Swordfighter jablock still around? if so we might need not min height, as the range for that is non existent.

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
So... what's the general consensus in regards to Swordfighter's height and weight? Or does that also depend on the kind of moveset you want to use. Like I said before, I use the 1231 set, so do I need to go Small Thin, Small Fat, Mid-Height Fat, etc?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
It seems like that all three Mii characters want to be as thin as possible no matter what the build is, and the variable that needs to be decided on is height.

I'd also like to mention that I would appreciate if you guys could agree on a single, unified height. Since we're at liberty to make a lot of Miis, you guys are probably going to get way over 10 combinations of special moves. But if you guys want two different heights for your Swordfighter we may be forced to reduce the number of sets.

The two heights being thrown around are 1/4 and 1/2. Keeping in mind that a taller height increases range, and a shorter height increases overall attack speed, which height is optimal?

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
It seems like that all three Mii characters want to be as thin as possible no matter what the build is, and the variable that needs to be decided on is height.

I'd also like to mention that I would appreciate if you guys could agree on a single, unified height. Since we're at liberty to make a lot of Miis, you guys are probably going to get way over 10 combinations of special moves. But if you guys want two different heights for your Swordfighter we may be forced to reduce the number of sets.

The two heights being thrown around are 1/4 and 1/2. Keeping in mind that a taller height increases range, and a shorter height increases overall attack speed, which height is optimal?
Smash 4 Confirmed for Promoting Anorexia. Jokes aside, that seems like the best option (if weight definitely doesn't determine range), though it's a shame of the lack of power.

(In regards to getting an optimal height) Not just that, but also for the sake of knowing which set utilizes the full potential of the Mii Swordfighter.

Top Bottom