• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Official Smash Board Tag" for online play?

Would this work?

• Total voters

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
This idea was mentioned in the "Who was THAT" thread, and since that is to page 9 I decided to create a new thread to discuss this idea. Should we vote on a short and simple tag or symbol to use in our online names? Even if you cannot communicate in game it would be really cool to know whether or not your opponent also happens to be a fellow Smash Board member.

What do you all think?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'd be down with it. Then again, Smashboards is pretty large in it of itself.

Goobgoyle

Smash Cadet
NNID
RWolffe
3DS FC
3394-3566-2944
I'd vote yes, primarily because I already changed my display name to SBRae xD

LipePereira

Smash Cadet
NNID
LipePereira
I'd be wiling to do that as well. I think it is a valid idea because:
1 - The "Who was that?" thread would be more viable (you would only really search there for players that you know are from here)
2 - You might randomly run into someone you know from here and recognize because they are using the tag.
3 - No more arguments, i just think it's a cool idea, and I like being part of a community and showing it off, I'm human after all :p

As for the tag itself, i have some suggestions:

1 - [SBRDS] or [SBrds] (even though it kinda resembles smash birds lol)
2 - [SBDS] (smash bros ds lol)
3 - [SBD] (i actually like this one)
4 - [Sboards] (ridley effect)

Last edited:

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
[SB] is simple and short enough.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm actually quite fond of this idea. [SB] or SB would suffice though. Would be easier than mindlessly asking as we'd actually know the person has an account here.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Just tried it- it HAS to be [SB] or SB, or your name will be limited.

Unless you can change your smash in game name to have more characters?

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Added [Sß] to my Nickname. I like it, and it shows fellow Smashboards users all over the Nintendo Network, but it's a little weird whenever a character in a game refers to my Mii by name now. :p

Lichi

This is my war snarl
The thing is - this idea is pretty much hit or miss. If everyone would put the tag in his name - great. But if not, we still can't reliably find out who we played against and will have to check multiple places. And I guess that we won't get that many people to wear the tag.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
The thing is - this idea is pretty much hit or miss. If everyone would put the tag in his name - great. But if not, we still can't reliably find out who we played against and will have to check multiple places. And I guess that we won't get that many people to wear the tag.
Exactly. I might stop using it if it proves unpopular.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Yes. I'll do it if it becomes popular. As of right now, I'll be sore and not do it. We'll see how this poll/comments turns out.

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
This is a good idea. My name online is KohakSB, I'm hoping to find some people here because of it. I believe the max characters your name can be online is 7 characters, otherwise your name gets cut off and "..." is added at the end.

DavidLowell

Smash Cadet
NNID
PharaohLowell
3DS FC
0318-8056-1329
I'm definitely adding the SB to my nickname.
Most people are good in For Glory.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
I plan on repping SB regardless if it is popular.... and I chose SB.... It takes less room for the rest of your name (most names already are cut in half). Who cares if it is not "popular." It will not catch on overnight, like it was stated earlier this is a large community and may take time to spread..... lead by example

SB-Jgd

Last edited:

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I'm changing my Mii to [SB] Wheeler now thanks to you guys...
EDIT: Now that I think about it, wheeler is unusual enough that the SB at the beginning wouldn't really change much.
EDIT2: heck, why not?

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Changed my name to SBanime and immediately played someone else with an SB tag. Good deal.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I changed my name to ToastSB for ****s and giggles.

Last edited:

eWaltz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Waltz.exe
How can you change your name?
Change the name of your Default Mii. It takes it off of that. I'll change mine to SB.Waltz or something of the sort sometime tonight. Will update this when I do.

Edit: SB∙Waltz

Last edited:

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
How can you change your name?
Change your "Mii" characters name

And I am thrilled to see everyone embrace this idea, I cannot wait until I am matched with a SB'er while playing FG, or while watching the replay channel lol because so far I have not seen any names I recognize in the Who was.THAT thread, other than common ones such as David, Alex, Jake, etc..... not sure how many of these there could be

Last edited:

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
So how are we to easily find who the SB player is after seeing something like player "SB-abcdef..." and their smashboards tag is "abcdefghijk" or something completely different. Is there some search function I don't know about?

eWaltz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Waltz.exe
So how are we to easily find who the SB player is after seeing something like player "SB-abcdef..." and their smashboards tag is "abcdefghijk" or something completely different. Is there some search function I don't know about?
Someone could possibly make a list (if it does take off), with everyone replying so that they can be added to it? Doesn't seem too farfetched. Or there could be another option in the User Profile that displays the 3DS Handle (like the NNID), but that would require adding into the website/forums itself, which I'm not sure if they would be keen on doing or not.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
People could put their online tag in their Sig or visit the other thread mentioned here..... there is a list in that thread.

And even if you do not track the person down, you at least know you played with a SB member.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Changed to [SB]DL

This should be a widespread thing and stickied o3o

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd be down for this.

Mask0' can become SB-Mask0'.

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
So the official tag is [SB] ?
Someone should make another thread establishing this and make a list of every user that's changed their name so people can find others here. And it should be stickied.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Changed mine to [SB]9Blds

Basically a shortened version of this name that I used in PM

Top Bottom