• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLEASE LOCK - Cant keep up with it - Official Pac-Man Video Thread - Updated with Abudango videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Hi guys! Due to the games impending release I decided to start the forums video thread to help show off what Pac-Man can do! I will periodically check the thread for links to videos that you guys post and categorize them by date/match up. I will also do my best to keep the thread up to date with new and fresh videos, while preserving epic matches.

vs

Abudango vs Nietono - 9/23/14 - UMEBURA 8

ptrk83 vs ksizzle - 9/22/14 - wifi

ptrk83 vs Ken? - 9/19/14 - For Glory

Abudango vs Rain - 9/23/14 - UMEBURA 8

Last edited:

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Starting to use more fruit mix ups and relying on Pac's ground game which is far superior than his air game...

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hi guys! Due to the games impending release I decided to start the forums video thread to help show off what Pac-Man can do! I will periodically check the thread for links to videos that you guys post and categorize them by date/match up. I will also do my best to keep the thread up to date with new and fresh videos, while preserving epic matches.

vs

ptrk83 vs Ken? - 9/19/14 - For Glory
Nice playing man! I see that you were really pressuring the little mac in the video with all your projectiles. When little mac got too close however, you lost momentum. I really believe that pac-man's meta game is gonna be based around how well he abuses his tools. As of now, I would try the side B more often as it is an excellent chasing tool for when your opponent is trying to keep their distance, and the invincibility frames it has will keep mac from blowing you away.

How are the custom movesets going? I see potential in the tricky trampoline + long pellet trail combo. Awesome recovery, and you fool your opponent into trying to gimp you...just to get gimped XD

Last edited:

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
NJ stopped doing custom movesets for now.. I think because they are so annoying to unlock...

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Nice playing! Twould love to face you sometime when I get my hands on the WiiU version. What are your opinions on the wifi so far? Any input lag?

Last edited:

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
HERE'S MORE FOOTAGE OF ALE'S(?) PACMAN FROM FRIENDLIES VS. ROSALINA. STARTS AT 1:45:57
(I think it's Ale as this Pacman plays quite similar to him.)

Interesting to note is that Rosalina's Gravitational Pull does not absorb Pacman's NeutralB variants as the game considers them items. It'll just cancel out the hitbox and pull the fruit (w/e) close to her where it can be picked up.

I've also seen Rosalina's Gravitational Pull absorb the Hydrant while it was still in place.

Last edited:

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Going to update this thread on Saturday. Nice videos!

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Guys can someone link to me the video of player-3 vs m2k? Also I need the icon image for duck hunt... can't find that either. lol

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Guys can someone link to me the video of player-3 vs m2k? Also I need the icon image for duck hunt... can't find that either. lol

Only a twitch archive available for it atm(as far as im concerned) but here it is: http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/b/570817062?t=365m30s

Speaking of twitch archives I feel this one is worth having in the thread, its the Japanese player using UpB as a ground zoning tool. Keep in mind though, despite it being Pac vs Rosa at the same tournament its two different players and not Rain vs Abudango
http://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming/b/571271653?t=105m26s

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
あばだんご(Pac Man)vs シュウ(Sheik)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prg8k9k9l-Q

あばだんご(Pac Man)vs おおとり(Sheik)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97H9rA9cgWY

I don't know Japanese but I do think if anyone so far has a positive match up or maybe even be a counter to Sheik it's Pac man. He looks super fun to fight against though, see you guys in the finals.

Edit: Just for fun I'll explain why.

1. Fire hydrant, due to Pac man standing on his hydrant Sheik cannot interrupt him (no matter the custom) as he prepares his defensive/offensive neutral B nor can she force him to approach so she has to go on the attack.
2. While on his fire hydrant he naturally place himself in Sheik blind spot, peaches do this all the time and it works. Now while Sheik new down B and side B directly help cover up this spot helping to make Sheik flawless they are either not really safe on shield or are unrealistic to be able to use constantly to force Pac Man to move.
3. Frame data is needed but while watching these video's I notice Pac man at times would up B between Sheik 'combo's'. This doesn't mean immediately he's like Mega man but it does mean Pac man could have a Marth like up B in brawl and have IF frames at start. This hurts Sheik semi combo by a good chunk and it doesn't help Pac man is penalize very little when he uses his up B on stage.

With just these 3 things the match up is looking bad for Sheik but of course not unwinnable since Sheik is too good. What may sway the match up in Sheik favor would be her quick extend horizontal custom for down B as that might give her the speed and range to never be shut out.

Last edited:

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
^Will add those videos to the list when I get home from work.

good observations too.. I havent been having any problems vs sheik in For Glory mode...but god knows what kind of skill level I am playing against.. lol

Also I think Pac's most problematic match ups are the heavier characters.. Bowser, Ganon and DDD seem to be giving me the most problems.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
^Will add those videos to the list when I get home from work.

good observations too.. I havent been having any problems vs sheik in For Glory mode...but god knows what kind of skill level I am playing against.. lol

Also I think Pac's most problematic match ups are the heavier characters.. Bowser, Ganon and DDD seem to be giving me the most problems.
I'd say to start abusing your grab game. All of those characters have punishable aproaches, and can be shield grabbed and comboed easily. Abuse your speed over them and keep that pressure on! :chuckle: You may even be able to camp against them lol.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Grab game. ....... ...... Lmfao. Play Pac-Man for a day. And talk to me about his grab game. It is sooooooo bad. Slow and misses half the time. That and up tilt are his worst moves.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Most NJ players agree it is the worst grab in the game. Lol

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Mega slow. And you can't always tell when exactly it is gonna connect. Did I say it was slow?

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Mega slow. And you can't always tell when exactly it is gonna connect. Did I say it was slow?
Though I'm curious about the range of it, Is Pac able to grab someone that is touched by the very last part of the tractor beam?

If its truly as big as the animation implies, then his throw might only end up being used in conjunction with Hydrant 1.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Sadly, a reason Pac Man looks so good is cause he is on the Omega stages. His Hydrant wouldn't be near as good on one with platforms.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
God damn it Japan, stop making Pac man look good!

Things get real 5 minutes in.

Very cool, some of those combos actually look really interesting.
Also a bit curious to know just how far the pellet health restore tech can be used in certain MUs

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Some of those combos are really nice. Pac-Man excels at mind-games, that's for sure. I especially like the combo where he lands on top of his Fire Hydrant and then quickly uses the Power Pellet to send it flying along with himself for a potential multi-hit.

S3R4PH

Smash Rookie
You can add Pac-Man vs Bowser Jr. to the list.

Here is vs Robin as well.

Some online For Glory matches that somewhat showcase some of the things you can do with trampolines, hydrants, and fruit loop setups (as I like to call them haha). I had no idea what the Bowser Jr. matchup looked like, so maybe this can serve as a look for my fellow Pac enthusiasts.

Last edited:

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Guys I can't keep up with this thread.. gonna just stick to the guide thread. Sorry! I am gonna close it and hopefully a mod can lock it. Someone else feel free to make a new thread!

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Pac-Man is one of my secondary characters, and I'd really like to see where this goes. Do you mind if I pick this up for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom