• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Since everyone's showing their roster, I might as well show mine.

You can switch Toad for any other reasonable Mario character, and Sceptile for Jigglypuff if you want.
Also, Captain Falcon's on the side because I forgot to add him when I first made the roster.

So, how do you guys like it?
It has Lucas and Shulk. Best roster. I'd swap Dark Pit with a random box though

Last edited by a moderator:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I honestly don't see the appeal of King K. Rool.
I don't know why. I've just never particularly liked him.

Really, I just don't see the point. Dixie Kong is nearly as prominent, having her own game, being in Tropical Freeze, probably being easier to design as she has a more consistent move pool and is similar to Diddy, and is almost as requested for Smash.
I love K Rool and he's one my most wanted characters. But I'd be fine with Dixie. Sometimes the K Rool fanbase does get a little annoying to me if I'm honest. Mostly because they think their character is a shoe in for the game. When there is so much evidence for that not being the case. Might as well make a big post to explain myself.

A lot of K Rool fans seem to deny any "leak" or predicted roster due to it not having K Rool on him. I find that very arrogant. I may not have found it annoying/arrogant towards the early days of speculation for this game, but we're at the point where we need to search for true hardcore facts and evidence for a character actually making an appearance or not.

(Some would argue that the Ridley fanbase is worse, but at least they have sufficient evidence that their character is in fact playable. If you have evidence, then deny rosters and "leaks" to your hearts content).

I'm not speaking for all K Rool fans here, let me address that before I continue. I've seen a lot of fans of him mix up "evidence towards him being playable" with "how much a character deserves to be playable. Many fanbases have this problem, but I've seen more from K Rool fans this close to release than any other character. Let's go through all of the evidence presented so far that points towards K Rool being a PLAYABLE character.

1) Kremlings in Smash

2)...

Yeah. As much as I wish to deny it, as I'm a huge K Rool fan, this is fact. Now, I'm going to get into what I absolutely hate discussing, and that's evidence towards him NOT being playable.

(Before I begin, forgive me K Rool fans. I wish to accepted again for Smash 5 speculation.:crying:

I don't believe K Rool will be playable because he is not relevant

WAIT! I can hear everyone typing already! Yes. Relevancy is not a factor at all for characters... right? Well, no. That is not the case at all. "Relevancy is not a factor" is something I have heard echoes on these boards for a long time (before I even made an an account). And I'm going to argue how that is not the case for a select scenario.

People who say this usually use characters such as Pit and R.O.B and Ice Climbers to support their case. And they're right! I agree with them! Relevancy means absolutely nothing for a new or retro series appearing for the first time in Smash Bros. That is why weird characters like that are in. But here's when relevancy means something. Relevancy most certainly means something for a series that's already represented in Smash Bros. that is looking for new representatives. That's my take on the "Relevancy means nothing formula" we always see repeated on these boards. But I'm not just gonna say that without explaining myself!

I got 2 examples here. First, let's pretend that Lucario was never in Brawl, and that he was never given a larger role in the series into the future. Smash 6 comes around and the year is 20XX 2030. Who will be chosen as the new pokemon rep? A pokemon all the way back to Gen 4, or a new Pokemon from Gen 9? Now do you see? Relevancy matters there.

Now for those who need another example because I know the excuse "It's different for Pokemon" excuse is coming. Which is a bad excuse, but I digress. Now let's look at who was chosen for the new Mario Rep for Smash 4, Rosalina. Why was Rosalina chosen over the likes of Baby Bowser? Baby Bowser could have great potential for a moveset, surely Sakurai must see that! Well, the reason Rosalina was chosen is because She is relevant to the Mario series at the moment. She has been in almost every mario game recently and has even been promoted to a main character. She's relevant, so she has a spot.

TL;DR: Relevancy means nothing for retro series/ new series now being represented in Smash, but it most certainly means something for series already represented in Smash searching for new representatives.

I, as a K Rool fan, feel as though this does not apply to him at first. Why? I don't know. Because I want him so bad I'm blinded by it. But when I look past that, sadly, K Rool is more affected by this than most characters.

His own series left him out of the reboots of his OWN series

Yep. This leads directly out of the relevancy argument. This is why K Rool has it harder than most. When Sakurai is going to look for a new rep for the already represented series of Donkey Kong, he is most certainly, and most sadly, going to look at the new DKC reboot series to find the new characters. Which is why I bet Dixie will get in over K Rool. She's relevant, she's appeared in the reboots, she hasnt been forgotten by her own series, and she has great moveset potential.

Again, it PAINS me to write this as I'm a huge K Rool fan. But I have to be real with myself. And a lot of people on these boards should too. And I would love to be eating my words at release. But the signs point to what I'm saying. If K Rool reappears in the DKC reboot series between now and Smash 5, he is the top contendor for the game.

Thank you for reading.

TL;DR: I spent some time on this post, I feel as though it's worth the read for anyone who likes to analyze these things like me, or is a K Rool fan.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
So...Pac Man's presumed dash attack. Where he turns into his pizza form and starts gobbling while moving forward. Did anyone get the feeling that you could make the dash attack continuous by pressing the attack button repeatedly? Seems a bit long for one press of a button, it seems. Unless that's a custom move of some sort.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...Pac Man's presumed dash attack. Where he turns into his pizza form and starts gobbling while moving forward. Did anyone get the feeling that you could make the dash attack continuous by pressing the attack button repeatedly? Seems a bit long for one press of a button, it seems. Unless that's a custom move of some sort.
I just want to know if you can turn around or maybe even move up while you're a pizza, as if you're actually playing Pac-man.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I just want to know if you can turn around or maybe even move up while you're a pizza, as if you're actually playing Pac-man.
In some way or fashion yes, as seen in his trailer. Whether that's through dash attack or not, I have no clue. But it seemed like you use a move (presumably a special), draw dots, and then pac-man follows the dots in pizza form.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
And I'll gladly concede that people want Roy if someone can shoe me the source where these rankings are coming from. Either way, I guarantee he doesn't make the initial roster, and I'd be surprised if he made DLC (has DLC characters even been confirmed as a thing?)
Well, Chrom is definitely more likely (as in, confirmed) if you're taking the Sal leak into consideration. However, Roy does have things going for him other wise. Good for a 4th FE character? Well, that's up to you to decide.

Roy's been a popular request in both Japan and in the West, even after all these years. You can see how his popularity fared over the years here at Shorts' Poll Lounge. And a general idea of his Japanese popularity here. There's also some old polls about Melee cut vets (like, how negative the cut affected people, which ones they want to see returned, etc.) that has Roy ranking very good. I could try to find them if you want.

If they make Roy DLC, they had better not redub him. His voice (and his yellow costume) is half the reason I use him. The other half being how he plays.
His voice is amazing lol. Jun Fukuyama is an awesome and well-known seiyuu (bishounen voice <3), and was kinda surprised when I found out that he voiced Roy in Melee. Even if it's small like in Smash, it's still cool. Although, whether Roy would get an English VA or not, well, that's another story.

Still curious what will happen with Marth's voice acting.

I <3 yellow Roy as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Mostly because they think their character is a shoe in for the game.
A lot of K Rool fans seem to deny any "leak" or predicted roster due to it not having K Rool on him.
Hasty generalizations. Talk to most reasonable K. Rool fans and you will find these are not the case.

Relevancy most certainly means something for a series that's already represented in Smash Bros. that is looking for new representatives.
Well, the reason Rosalina was chosen is because She is relevant to the Mario series at the moment. She has been in almost every mario game recently and has even been promoted to a main character. She's relevant, so she has a spot.
When Sakurai is going to look for a new rep for the already represented series of Donkey Kong, he is most certainly, and most sadly, going to look at the new DKC reboot series to find the new characters.
Correlation does not equal causation for any one of those items. This is going to be a major annoyance once the game is out, and people look to justify exclusions with poor reasoning. . .namely, "Ridley isn't in? That must mean he's TOO BIG and will never work in a Smash game, ever!!" Same goes for inclusions. . ."All of these new characters are in?? That must mean Sakurai is only looking at the characters people on message boards deem 'relevant' and adding them because of that!!"

Find me a single interview where Sakurai claims he decides the roster based only on games deemed "relevant" by message board users, and I'll counter with at least a dozen where he instead mentions gameplay, movesets, originality, popularity, and the like instead.

If Sakurai comes out and says, "Yes, I decide the roster based on games deemed "relevant" by message board users," then K. Rool has great reason to worry. Until then, his fans are correct in deducing that it is a made-up factor and a buzzword used by overzealous novice speculators.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In some way or fashion yes, as seen in his trailer. Whether that's through dash attack or not, I have no clue. But it seemed like you use a move (presumably a special), draw dots, and then pac-man follows the dots in pizza form.
That's a special for sure. We're talking about a different move.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We don't know the properties, though the duration does remind me of two versions of Kirby's dash attacks, Burning and Break Spin. Though if it only hits once, the attack is going to easily punishable.

D

Deleted member

Pac-man's dash attack should just kill shields in one hit. Punishment? Please.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Hasty generalizations. Talk to most reasonable K. Rool fans and you will find these are not the case.
I don't remember whether I included this in my post. Apologies if I did not as I meant to. But I'm speaking specifically to the ones that do such things, not the reasonable ones.

Correlation does not equal causation for any one of those items. This is going to be a major annoyance once the game is out, and people look to justify exclusions with poor reasoning. . .namely, "Ridley isn't in? That must mean he's TOO BIG and will never work in a Smash game, ever."

Find me a single interview where Sakurai claims he decides the roster based only on games deemed "relevant" by message board users, and I'll counter with at least a dozen where he instead mentions gameplay, movesets, originality, popularity, and the like instead.

If Sakurai comes out and says, "Yes, I decide the roster based on games deemed "relevant" by message board users," then K. Rool has great reason to worry. Until then, his fans are correct in deducing that it is a made-up factor by overzealous pseudo-analysts with little to no idea what they are talking about.
In some cases though, Sakurai doesn't have to say it for it to be truth. I can't think of a newcomer that was added to a series already represented that was not relevant to their series. LET ALONE left out and 100% forgotten in their own series' reboot. The facts are there.

I get your the biggest K Rool supporter, so I won't argue as I know I won't get anywhere. But facts are facts. We can't pretend that such things are not the case because it hurts our favorite Kremling's chances.

Last edited:

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman

Correlation does not equal causation for any one of those items. This is going to be a major annoyance once the game is out, and people look to justify exclusions with poor reasoning. . .namely, "Ridley isn't in? That must mean he's TOO BIG and will never work in a Smash game, ever!!" Same goes for inclusions. . ."All of these new characters are in?? That must mean Sakurai is only looking at the characters people on message boards deem 'relevant' and adding them because of that!!"

If Sakurai comes out and says, "Yes, I decide the roster based on games deemed "relevant" by message board users," then K. Rool has great reason to worry. Until then, his fans are correct in deducing that it is a made-up factor and a buzzword used by overzealous novice speculators.
Plus, I think a lot of people are confusing "recency" with "relevancy".

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In some cases though, Sakurai doesn't have to say it for it to be truth. I can't think of a newcomer that was added to a series already represented that was not relevant to their series. LET ALONE left out and 100% forgotten in their own series' reboot. The facts are there.

I get your the biggest K Rool supporter, so I won't argue as I know I won't get anywhere. But facts are facts. We can't pretend that such things are not the case because it hurts our favorite Kremling's chances.
They're not facts if they're invented by message board users to explain perceived patterns.

Also, the one out of the many, many definitions of "relevant" that you're using here is "not in a single new game" (at the time of character selection). There were plenty of characters added who match that criteria...Luigi, Ganondorf, Marth, Diddy off the top of my head.

I would still recognize this as intensely flawed reasoning if I were not a K. Rool fan.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Isn't this all just semantics?

Dismissing someone entirely just because they said "too big", or "relevant", or whatever is silly in all honesty.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've always been supporting Isaac, since even the Brawl days.. So yeah :p
Which reminds me that those folks who've been wanting Isaac since the Brawl days are going to be screwed out again for no particular reason, and I know several folks that aren't going to like it.

I don't even like Golden Sun much either.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
They're not facts if they're invented by message board users to explain perceived patterns.

Also, the one out of the many, many definitions of "relevant" that you're using here is "not in a single new game" (at the time of character selection). There were plenty of characters added who match that criteria...Luigi, Ganondorf, Marth, Diddy off the top of my head.

I would still recognize this as intensely flawed reasoning if I were not a K. Rool fan.
Luigi - Mario Bros.
Ganondorf - Ocarina of Time came out very shortly before Melee
Marth - For Japanese audiences. Represented a NEW series.
Diddy- Diddy Kong Racing came out on the DS not long before Brawl, Diddy Kong was in Mario Kart titles up until recently in MK8.

Patters are facts. The idea that a pattern exists is a fact. I get your arguing this to defend your favorite character, but it's getting to the point where you're completely dismissing proven ideas and dismissing them as "patterns". Is the evidence that the Allies won both WWI and WWII a pattern to you or is it a fact?

I would appreciate you taking the evidence I have presented and respecting it instead of dismissing it as "patterns" just because you do not like the contents.

So, what you're saying, is that they both mean nothing?
If you read my posts, you would know my points. And you should be able to draw your own conclusions that that is not the case.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I love K Rool and he's one my most wanted characters. But I'd be fine with Dixie. Sometimes the K Rool fanbase does get a little annoying to me if I'm honest. Mostly because they think their character is a shoe in for the game. When there is so much evidence for that not being the case. Might as well make a big post to explain myself.

A lot of K Rool fans seem to deny any "leak" or predicted roster due to it not having K Rool on him. I find that very arrogant. I may not have found it annoying/arrogant towards the early days of speculation for this game, but we're at the point where we need to search for true hardcore facts and evidence for a character actually making an appearance or not.

(Some would argue that the Ridley fanbase is worse, but at least they have sufficient evidence that their character is in fact playable. If you have evidence, then deny rosters and "leaks" to your hearts content).

I'm not speaking for all K Rool fans here, let me address that before I continue. I've seen a lot of fans of him mix up "evidence towards him being playable" with "how much a character deserves to be playable. Many fanbases have this problem, but I've seen more from K Rool fans this close to release than any other character. Let's go through all of the evidence presented so far that points towards K Rool being a PLAYABLE character.

1) Kremlings in Smash

2)...

Yeah. As much as I wish to deny it, as I'm a huge K Rool fan, this is fact. Now, I'm going to get into what I absolutely hate discussing, and that's evidence towards him NOT being playable.

(Before I begin, forgive me K Rool fans. I wish to accepted again for Smash 5 speculation.:crying:

I don't believe K Rool will be playable because he is not relevant

WAIT! I can hear everyone typing already! Yes. Relevancy is not a factor at all for characters... right? Well, no. That is not the case at all. "Relevancy is not a factor" is something I have heard echoes on these boards for a long time (before I even made an an account). And I'm going to argue how that is not the case for a select scenario.

People who say this usually use characters such as Pit and R.O.B and Ice Climbers to support their case. And they're right! I agree with them! Relevancy means absolutely nothing for a new or retro series appearing for the first time in Smash Bros. That is why weird characters like that are in. But here's when relevancy means something. Relevancy most certainly means something for a series that's already represented in Smash Bros. that is looking for new representatives. That's my take on the "Relevancy means nothing formula" we always see repeated on these boards. But I'm not just gonna say that without explaining myself!

I got 2 examples here. First, let's pretend that Lucario was never in Brawl, and that he was never given a larger role in the series into the future. Smash 6 comes around and the year is 20XX 2030. Who will be chosen as the new pokemon rep? A pokemon all the way back to Gen 4, or a new Pokemon from Gen 9? Now do you see? Relevancy matters there.

Now for those who need another example because I know the excuse "It's different for Pokemon" excuse is coming. Which is a bad excuse, but I digress. Now let's look at who was chosen for the new Mario Rep for Smash 4, Rosalina. Why was Rosalina chosen over the likes of Baby Bowser? Baby Bowser could have great potential for a moveset, surely Sakurai must see that! Well, the reason Rosalina was chosen is because She is relevant to the Mario series at the moment. She has been in almost every mario game recently and has even been promoted to a main character. She's relevant, so she has a spot.

TL;DR: Relevancy means nothing for retro series/ new series now being represented in Smash, but it most certainly means something for series already represented in Smash searching for new representatives.

I, as a K Rool fan, feel as though this does not apply to him at first. Why? I don't know. Because I want him so bad I'm blinded by it. But when I look past that, sadly, K Rool is more affected by this than most characters.

His own series left him out of the reboots of his OWN series

Yep. This leads directly out of the relevancy argument. This is why K Rool has it harder than most. When Sakurai is going to look for a new rep for the already represented series of Donkey Kong, he is most certainly, and most sadly, going to look at the new DKC reboot series to find the new characters. Which is why I bet Dixie will get in over K Rool. She's relevant, she's appeared in the reboots, she hasnt been forgotten by her own series, and she has great moveset potential.

Again, it PAINS me to write this as I'm a huge K Rool fan. But I have to be real with myself. And a lot of people on these boards should too. And I would love to be eating my words at release. But the signs point to what I'm saying. If K Rool reappears in the DKC reboot series between now and Smash 5, he is the top contendor for the game.

Thank you for reading.

TL;DR: I spent some time on this post, I feel as though it's worth the read for anyone who likes to analyze these things like me, or is a K Rool fan.
Pokemon isn't comparable to DKC. Pokemon and Fire Emblem are special cases, their ludicrous amount of characters means relevancy has to be important for those series.
Also, Rosalina was clearly put in for no reason other than her moveset. SM3dW gives toad an equal claim to her supposed relevancy.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pokemon isn't comparable to DKC. Pokemon and Fire Emblem are special cases, their ludicrous amount of characters means relevancy has to be important for those series.
Also, Rosalina was clearly put in for no reason other than her moveset. SM3dW gives toad an equal claim to her supposed relevancy.
Rosalina was actually included for her moveset potential.
But she was considered because of Super Mario Galaxy.

Without that, she's not very remarkable or noteworthy. And that's coming from someone who loves her to pieces.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Those mean practically the same things when talking about Smash Brothers. If not, then please explain your point.
Lack of relevancy implies the character is not important to their respective franchise.

Lack of recency implies the character has not appeared in a title in a long time which is the case for K. Rool.

And 2008 really wasn't that long ago. It was between now and Brawl.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Patters are facts. The idea that a pattern exists is a fact. I get your arguing this to defend your favorite character, but it's getting to the point where you're completely dismissing proven ideas and dismissing them as "patterns". Is the evidence that the Allies won both WWI and WWII a pattern to you or is it a fact?

I would appreciate you taking the evidence I have presented and respecting it instead of dismissing it as "patterns" just because you do not like the contents.
Now we're really opening a can of worms.

For the sake of brevity, a few other patterns (or "facts," if we're making that jump of Grand Canyon proportions):
--"We've never not gotten a fat mustachioed plumber as a newcomer in Smash. We're 100% getting one now too."
--"We've never not gotten a Star Fox newcomer in Smash. We're 100% getting one now too."
--"We've never not gotten two Pokemon newcomers in Smash. We're 100% getting two now too."
--"We've never gotten a character from a new series with just one game. Shulk has no chance at all."
--"We've never gotten a character with more than two guys onstage at once. Chorus Men have no chance at all."

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Which reminds me that those folks who've been wanting Isaac since the Brawl days are going to be screwed out again for no particular reason, and I know several folks that aren't going to like it.

I don't even like Golden Sun much either.
I'm prepared, I can accept that not everyone I want in will be in. It's part of being a good smash fan is to expect the unexpected and not complain when you don't get what you want.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, there will always be characters people want, but will most likely never get. As for me, there are a multitude I really want in Smash from games I've never even played, some never even seen much about. It's important to expect various characters that others want, to avoid being disappointed with the final roster when your personal favorites don't get in. I would absolutely love for Tails or King Boo or Amaterasu to get into this game, but it's not gonna happen. Characters like Shulk or Isaac however, I've never even played their games, but I really want them in. Shulk is also really likely at this point. So yeah.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, there will always be characters people want, but will most likely never get. As for me, there are a multitude I really want in Smash from games I've never even played, some never even seen much about. It's important to expect various characters that others want, to avoid being disappointed with the final roster when your personal favorites don't get in. I would absolutely love for Tails or King Boo or Amaterasu to get into this game, but it's not gonna happen. Characters like Shulk or Isaac however, I've never even played their games, but I really want them in. Shulk is also really likely at this point. So yeah.
My thoughts on Ridley and Shulk.

But mostly Ridley.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I specifically said in my posts that I heard that Pokemon argument coming a mile away XD. Toad doesn't have much moveset potential and Rosalina was relevant + an easy addition. Captain Toad however, seems extremely promising.
Lack of relevancy implies the character is not important to their respective franchise.

Lack of recency implies the character has not appeared in a title in a long time which is the case for K. Rool.

And 2008 really wasn't that long ago. It was between now and Brawl.
While it is awesome that he was in Mario Sluggers. That was not a big title and it was only published by Nintendo, not even developed. That game had so many characters that it even had to make up some. And I don't think a Mario Sports title has much say in a character's appearances/eligibility for Smash, as seen by Waluigi. But that could change.

For the sake of brevity, a few other patterns (or "facts," if we're making that jump of Grand Canyon proportions):
--"We've never not gotten a fat mustachioed plumber as a newcomer in Smash. We're 100% getting one now too."
--"We've never not gotten a Star Fox newcomer in Smash. We're 100% getting one now too."
--"We've never not gotten two Pokemon newcomers in Smash. We're 100% getting two now too."
--"We've never gotten a character from a new series with just one game. Shulk has no chance at all."
--"We've never gotten a character with more than two guys onstage at once. Chorus Men have no chance at all."
Now you're really veering off track. You cannot deny things like how K Rool was not in DKC reboots, and I know you are not denying that. But you're denying that means something. But what? Sluggers means more than the characters OWN series? I'm getting mad because not only are you completely ignoring what I have said, you are trying to make what I have presented seem illiterate by changing the subject to matters completely off track such as what I just quoted from you.

From K Rool fan to K Rool fan, you're being very stubborn. And I did not expect that from you seeing as you're respected here. I get the bias, but it goes over the line when you begin ignoring obvious details, facts, and evidence just because you do not like it. My post was completely objective and I personally edited it to make sure there was no Subjective opinions in there just because I want K Rool. Maybe you're not used to seeing an objective view to K Rool, as once again, you are the biggest K Rool fan here. But you need to look past that and respect what is true. You are taking the conversation unnecessarily off track which is not necessary. All I ask is respect for evidence and you're not taking it, you are only denying it with completely biased reasoning.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

All of these are correct.:troll:

Last edited:

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
While it is awesome that he was in Mario Sluggers. That was not a big title and it was only published by Nintendo, not even developed. That game had so many characters that it even had to make up some. And I don't think a Mario Sports title has much say in a character's appearances/eligibility for Smash, as seen by Waluigi. But that could change.
It's not the fact that he was playable in that game that helps him but the fact that it shows he hasn't been forgotten.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It's not the fact that he was playable in that game that helps him but the fact that it shows he hasn't been forgotten.
By that specific developer. I'm not saying Nintendo/Sakurai don't know K Rool exists. I'm saying that they are much more likely to choose a character in the rebooted games than one that has been completely left out and not even mentioned in his own reboots.

D

Deleted member

I'm just reading this argument, and it's delicious.

I'm aware this makes no sense.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
By that specific developer. I'm not saying Nintendo/Sakurai don't know K Rool exists. I'm saying that they are much more likely to choose a character in the rebooted games than one that has been completely left out and not even mentioned in his own reboots.
Namco developed Super Sluggers.

What is Namco also developing?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Namco developed Super Sluggers.

What is Namco also developing?
Well you got me there man. Biggest evidence for K Rool is there and I love it! It still doesn't counter the points I presented, however. And Namco is helping with developing and balancing, not character decisions

Edit: Most of the DKC cast was in that game though... including Dixie

I think Dixie being relevant again to the DKC franchise will probably be the main reason K. Rool's chances get hindered.
This is pretty much what I'm saying, but people did not like it.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
After presenting evidence against K Rool

but also after presenting evidence against K Rool...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After my post

but also after my post...

You shouldn't hate yourself; we've all been destroyed/ganged up on in an argument/debate/discussion/whatever before. Anyone who says they haven't is lying.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
3DS Roster.png

This roster may be big (bigger then ridley) , but what do y'all think of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom