• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalumG

Smash Lord
To be honest, I'm inclined to agree with Grimnir. Before the so-called "leak", you would struggle to find a Chorus Kids supporter - the select handful of people who did want a Rhythm Heaven character (and for the record, I wouldn't be against it) seemed to want other, less generic characters from the series. People often jump on board to support what they consider to be "likely" characters over characters they actually truly want.

But then, I'm a Pac-Man supporter, so I guess I'm the pot and Chorus Kid fans are the kettle. :v

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Can we please take this whole Chrom thing with a grain of salt? We'll probably find out in 24 hours what is up with the FE cast.

Anyway, my final roster before E3 starts! The only things I'm iffy on are K. Rool/Dixie and the Miis. Other than that, that's it!
View attachment 15791
How does it look?
Needs more Snake. Also even if Chrom's in he might not be revealed tomorrow.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright guys, time for my final E3 predictions.
This is who I think will be revealed tomorrow.

I can almost guarantee that we will see Meta Knight and Wario tomorrow. They're probably the two most obvious veterans left and are very popular and hype worthy ones at that.

Two other characters that I am very confident in seeing tomorrow are Mewtwo and Pac-Man. Mewtwo is the most popular candidate in the world, and Pac-Man is a third party character. It's now or never for Pac IMO.

Shulk is a great option to show off, since X is a pretty big release for Nintendo in the upcoming season, and revealing the face of Xenoblade (which, let's face it, X is definitely based off of) to be a character in Smash Bros will certainly interest many.

I have a feeling that we may see Ness, Captain Falcon, and Ice Climbers too. We all know that they're going to be in, due to solid evidence for their inclusion in game (besides the fact that they are fan favorite mainstays). However Ness or Cap could be unlockable and saved as secret characters, but by the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised to see them before release.

If Snake is in the game he will 100% be revealed tomorrow.

Lastly Sakurai could present Miis to us if Smash Bros takes up a big chunk of the Direct. The problem is that Miis will take some time to explain, but if time allows I think that we'll see the avatars tomorrow.

So that's my guess for tomorrow. What do you guys think?

PS: On recent banners, Pikachu, Kirby, and Sonic have been sticking out of their respective rectangles. When Pikachu was sticking out of its rectangle during the Direct, Greninja was revealed. Keep in mind that Kirby and Sonic were inside their boxes. Now it may just be a crazy theory, but Mewtwo, Pac-Man, and Meta Knight are fairly safe bets regardless.

Morbi

Scavenger

I can almost guarantee that we will see Meta Knight and Wario tomorrow. They're probably the two most obvious veterans left and are very popular and hype worthy ones at that.

Two other characters that I am very confident in seeing tomorrow are Mewtwo and Pac-Man. Mewtwo is the most popular candidate in the world, and Pac-Man is a third party character. It's now or never for Pac IMO.

Shulk is a great option to show off, since X is a pretty big release for Nintendo in the upcoming season, and revealing the face of Xenoblade (which, let's face it, X is definitely based off of) to be a character in Smash Bros will certainly interest many.

I have a feeling that we may see Ness, Captain Falcon, and Ice Climbers too. We all know that they're going to be in, due to solid evidence for their inclusion in game (besides the fact that they are fan favorite mainstays). However Ness or Cap could be unlockable and saved as secret characters, but by the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised to see them before release.

Lastly Sakurai could present Miis to us if Smash Bros takes up a big chunk of the Direct. The problem is that Miis will take some time to explain, but if time allows I think that we'll see the avatars tomorrow.

PS: On recent banners, Pikachu, Kirby, and Sonic have been sticking out of their respective rectangles. When Pikachu was sticking out of its rectangle during the Direct, Greninja was revealed. Keep in mind that Kirby and Sonic were inside their boxes. Now it may just be a crazy theory, but Mewtwo, Pac-Man, and Meta Knight are fairly safe bets regardless.
I agree that those are safe predictions; however, I am not entirely certain that we will be getting so many veterans. That is a lot of veterans; about half of them. I do not like predicting veterans myself as they could quite literally pop up at any time, but I agree with the sentiment that Snake is going to show up at e3 if he is in the game, there would be no logical reason to hold him off. Other than that, Ganondorf seems obvious based on the over-saturation of Zelda content at e3 and he might undergo some changes, so he is more interesting and anticipated than say... Ness.

Other than that, I am speculating in favor of a Fire Emblem newcomer (more specifically Robin or if we get a typical choice, Lucina). I am also 100% in for Ridley and I suspect that we might get a Legend of Zelda newcomer (or Shulk in the event of Ganondorf) as well as Palutena. Mewtwo seems too likely to be true (but then again, I said that about King Dedede's reveal... which happened regardless of the notion that we saw it coming months before).

Pac-Man, I am not speculating in favor of him, but if you think he is in the game, e3 would be the most ideal time to reveal it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

I agree. Yet I am still holding onto Palutena for tomorrow as well.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I agree. Yet I am still holding onto Palutena for tomorrow as well.
I sure hope so, but my newcomers/Mewtwo are based on the little theory I had.
So since Pit was in his box I decided to keep Palutena out.

She's still a definite possibility for tomorrow, along with K. Rool and Ridley (if he's in), that is if my theory turns out false.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Pac-Man, I am not speculating in favor of him, but if you think he is in the game, e3 would be the most ideal time to reveal it.
Why exactly are you speculating against Pac-Man? Do you have reason to believe he is unlikely, or do you simply not care for him?

Morbi

Scavenger
Why exactly are you speculating against Pac-Man? Do you have reason to believe he is unlikely, or do you simply not care for him?
It is a mere instance of me not being to conceive any positive or negative emotions pertaining to him. I cannot even envision a move-set or what he would look like. So I choose to forget him, but that is not fair to his character, so I just declare that I oppose him (as, truth be told, I do not want him in the game unless he offers something more than his Final Smash).

Morbi

Scavenger
Am i the only one who believe that we won't see Capt. Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness (or Lucas), Wolf and/or Falco in the E3? Im pretty sure most of those character will be left as secret characters :drshrug:
You are not the only one, good sir. However, I do believe that we might see Wolf or Falco as only one needs to be secret. Even then, it is just a possibility. The only veterans that I am leaning on are: Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, and Snake (in the event that he is playable).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Am i the only one who believe that we won't see Capt. Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness (or Lucas), Wolf and/or Falco in the E3? Im pretty sure most of those character will be left as secret characters :drshrug:
No. I kind of agree with you. I'm thinking characters like Meta Knight and Wario are more likely reveals for the event.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
It is a mere instance of me not being to conceive any positive or negative emotions pertaining to him. I cannot even envision a move-set or what he would look like. So I choose to forget him, but that is not fair to his character, so I just declare that I oppose him (as, truth be told, I do not want him in the game unless he offers something more than his Final Smash).
But there are many options for him as a playable character, we even had him in a Street Figther game :drohyou:, there are some people that can't see him as a playable character cause haven't seen Pac-man with hands and legs :dr^_^:

You are not the only one, good sir. However, I do believe that we might see Wolf or Falco as only one needs to be secret. Even then, it is just a possibility. The only veterans that I am leaning on are: Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, and Snake (in the event that he is playable).
I totally agree with you, i'm pretty sure we will see Ganondorf and Ice-climber tomorrow and also... tomorrow is the last chance for Snake :drshrug:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think that Captain Falcon has a good chance of being starter again. Same with Ness.
They were starter in Melee so it's not some unbroken tradition.

Also Ness is the face of his series and currently the most recent protagonist.
Captain Falcon is the sole F-Zero representative.

I'm pretty sure Lucas will be unlockable instead of Ness.

As for Ganondorf I'm unsure but I think it's a possibility.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
E3 would be a good time to reveal Ganondorf if they've revamped his moveset, as Sakurai would be able to explain all the changes without resorting to Pics of the Day.

Morbi

Scavenger
But there are many options for him as a playable character, we even had him in a Street Figther game :drohyou:, there are some people that can't see him as a playable character cause haven't seen Pac-man with hands and legs :dr^_^:

I totally agree with you, i'm pretty sure we will see Ganondorf and Ice-climber tomorrow and also... tomorrow is the last chance for Snake :drshrug:
Now see; if Pac-Man was in his Street Fighter X Tekken incarnation, I would support him as a character. Or if Sakurai does something creative to that effect. However, I cannot help but envision him as a hybrid of Wario and Sonic that offers nothing at all.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Now see; if Pac-Man was in his Street Fighter X Tekken incarnation, I would support him as a character. Or if Sakurai does something creative to that effect. However, I cannot help but envision him as a hybrid of Wario and Sonic that offers nothing at all.
You don't give Pac-Man enough credit. Really. He has about as much to pull from as Mario does, honestly. And I trust Sakurai enough to not mess him up after how well he made Mega Man.

Last edited:

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Although I think it's possible Lucas and/or Wolf will be cut (Wolf has a better chance than Lucas).

Morbi

Scavenger
An original move-set for Ganondorf would be bitter sweet; at first I would rejoice and laugh, but then I would feel melancholy and cry, but then I would smile and skip in a field of flowers, but after that I would dismember myself with a chainsaw leaving only my left arm so that I could bludgeon myself with a nearby hammer. Or something along those lines.

While I would advocate a revamped move-set, I would be hesitant as I enjoy him as he is currently. Drastic changes are not ideal, something akin to Bowser or Pit, sure. Anything past that, I have to hope for the best.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
This.

I thought of him as a Wario and Sonic baby, just like how I thought Chrom as a Ike and Marth baby. I don't want either of them. There are many other third party characters and Fire Emblem characters that bring new things to the table.

I still am not convinced Pacman is playable. Especially if Sakurai can't find fun and new things to make a moveset with, that would still represent the character.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think no matter what, if Snake is back, he'll be revealed at some point over the next few days. Most likely tomorrow in my opinion.

For veterans, I wouldn't doubt that we'll see a revamped veteran or two. That could easily be Wario, Meta Knight, or possibly Falco or Ganondorf.

Because Pac-Man is 3rd Party, he'll probably be announced tomorrow. Palutena, Chrom, Shulk are all other possibilities that could be announced as popular or expected characters. I think Mii's might be saved for a later time.

I maintain that Mewtwo would be a great choice to reveal after the tournament as a surprise/hype reveal. I think that would be the perfect way to reveal him.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I cannot wait to see these boards after the big Pac-Man reveal. There are going to be some raw, tenderized rear-ends after the multitude of spanks are dished out.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
An original move-set for Ganondorf would be bitter sweet; at first I would rejoice and laugh, but then I would feel melancholy and cry, but then I would smile and skip in a field of flowers, but after that I would dismember myself with a chainsaw leaving only my left arm so that I could bludgeon myself with a nearby hammer. Or something along those lines.

While I would advocate a revamped move-set, I would be hesitant as I enjoy him as he is currently. Drastic changes are not ideal, something akin to Bowser or Pit, sure. Anything past that, I have to hope for the best.
I don't think Ganondorf would get a completely new move set. The most a veteran has is like 2-3 new moves.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think Ganondorf would get a completely new move set. The most a veteran has is like 2-3 new moves.
Precisely; I am not entirely worried. It just bothers me when so many people advocate for a completely original move-set without bothering to play him (albeit his tier placement probably has something to do with it).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Precisely; I am not entirely worried. It just bothers me when so many people advocate for a completely original move-set without bothering to play him (albeit his tier placement probably has something to do with it).
If they want to give Ganondorf a fully new moveset they should just make Pig Ganon playable.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think the veterans most likely to be revealed will be the ones with a few changes.

So perhaps, Ganondorf and Ice Climbers.

For newcomers: Pac-Man, Shulk, and King. K Rool (fingers crossed)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You don't give Pac-Man enough credit. Really. He has about as much to pull from as Mario does, honestly. And I trust Sakurai enough to not mess him up after how well he made Mega Man.
If his move set is more interesting than Sonic's then i'll be cool with his inclusion.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I am not going to lie, I hardly ever read move-set ideas. The first character that I have ever done that for was Robin. However, I would be interested in reading it if it is truly unique.
It's not perfect by any means, but it's a very good moveset when it comes to showcasing Pac-Man's various abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom