• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
That's an awfully strange way to spell Hades. :troll:

Anyway, we should agree to act gentlemanly (or womanly) if one of us happens to be wrong. I'm going to side with Hades. You guys can side with Palutena.

This should be fairly interesting to see.
In the end we all know we will get Medusa :troll:

Oks... actually, I go with Palutena, i like Hades a lot, but you can't say that Hades is more important than Palutena :drfacepalm:, also is true that Palutena dissapear for a couple of missions but also... Hades don't appear until you beat Medusa :drshrug:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Oks... actually, I go with Palutena, i like Hades a lot, but you can't say that Hades is more important than Palutena :drfacepalm:, also is true that Palutena dissapear for a couple of missions but also... Hades don't appear until you beat Medusa :drshrug:
Then appears, demonstrates that he was behind everything, and persists all throughout the rest of the game as a nearly constant presence.

<3

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
NOTE TO MODS: There is no Flaming within in this post; don't confuse a lengthy argument for a heated one!

@aldelaro5
Now that I have time to dig deep in that long response of yours....I'll go ahead and do it.

I'll go ahead and do music for this too since it's going to be long and segmented as well.

I'm not saying that the potential for uniqueness is an "illusion", but I am saying that the fact it's the same character should give at least the notion that the odds of being at least a semi-clone are rather high.
We've had:
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Pichu
Toon Link

all of which were added separately from their counterparts yet were designed to be copies of the originals despite:
-Dr. Mario never using anything remotely like Mario's Cape and generally not doing any of the things Mario does (due to Dr. Mario's backstory of working endlessly on cures for diseases alongside Nurse Toadstool, which implies an entirely separate canon to the rest of the Mario franchise, but I'll explain that later)
-Young Link having the Masks from Majora's Mask as an entirely unique moveset option.
-Pichu not even being capable of using Skull Bash (nor is Pikachu past Gen II, but whatever) or Quick Attack (or even Agility, the move Pichu uses as its version of the attack).
-Toon Link having other weapons/items at his disposal to use such as the Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, Gust Jar, Cane of Pacci, Slingshot, Roc's Cape, Mole Mitts, Fire Rod, Quake Medallion, Bombos Medallion, Bombchus, etc. to where he didn't need to be a full copy of Link.

As I've repeatedly said, we've only had two alternate versions of existing characters that were not clones: Sheik and Zero Suit Samus.
And that's only because they were initially tied to the original character and were designed with direct contrasts of style in mind as opposed to similarities as how the separate additions were.

The fact that the only reasonable role for the non-plane ones are rolling dodge, sidestep, and swimming animations (which I've actually envisioned as their roles, mind you) prove my point that they ARE pointless for Smash.
It's just aesthetic effect that doesn't matter in the long run; they don't affect how Paper Mario works. Unlike say, a glide like I mentioned.
Which is the only role the plane would fit; not an Up B. Do you not understand how the plane works? It's practically tailor-made for the gliding system introduced in Brawl.

-No, I consider "paper ability" as something that literally has to do with Mario being paper such as the TTYD curses. Not something that Mario can feasibly do not in the paper artstyle but simply hasn't done yet. Obviously, Mario can't just fold himself into an airplane while flesh and bone, can he?

-The Ultra Jump? From SMRPG?

Apparently "Paper" Mario can't do that, since only SMRPG is listed for that technique.

Aside from that, you're not seriously saying that Mario (a.k.a. Jumpman) has to be in paper state to Jump on people are you? If you are, that's where this conversation ends.....

-The Super/Ultra Hammers?
You mean these?

Mario may not have to fold himself to use them, but Mario has used these (especially what is known as the "Super" Hammer in Paper Mario) in many games. Especially notable being in other RPGs such as SMRPG, where the standard Hammer from Paper Mario comes from.

-That gimmick about damaging foes by throwing others into them? Smash has that already. It's not character-exclusive nor is it throw-exclusive. It's part of the physics of knockback. Melee even features a Bonus you can achieve by KO'ing an opponent by running into them as you're sent flying.

Unless you're talking about hitting a nearby opponent with your grabbed opponent's body as you're swinging him/her.
Which Mario and Luigi do in their back-throws.

-"The way he pulls stickers" doesn't say much for how "unique" to Paper Mario it is. I've seen how he does it; Mario could do it without being rendered in paper style.

-I know I'm ignoring partners. Every Mario RPG has partners. ....except Paper Mario Sticker Star.
And you know what? It wouldn't be any different from having "Seven Stars Mario" summon Mallow, Geno, "Seven Stars Peach" and "Seven Stars Bowser" now would it? They aren't reflective of what Mario can do in the game, and neither are the partners of Paper Mario.
If the "best" way to reflect "Paper Mario" is to have him be a summoner for the sake of variety, something's terribly wrong.

-"Action Command"/Timed Hits are not exclusive to Paper Mario. They're in all Mario RPGs as well. Aside from that, Action Commands are already featured in Smash in the Guard variety through Perfect Shielding and in the Attack variety for range in quite a few attacks, where the attack is stronger when it connects with the opponent from farther away or vice-versa.

Given time, I probably could for both. However, I'm not the best when it comes to keeping the flow on a particular style; I'm more along the lines of coming up with numerous ideas that sound good and deviate from the standard Mario regardless of whether it fits the flow (which is honestly how you've shown to be as well; you and I are similar in that regard).
But at the same time, it's not enough to know they can be unique; the argument is not that they can. It's whether or not they will. The answer is leaning towards no.

Please use the Enter Key more often; long run-on paragraphs like this are rather difficult to read through without straining my eyes....:urg:

Read my point above on Toon Link; there was plenty of material to work with that weren't "bow, boomerang, bombs", and enough to replace many of the same copied slashes of the sword. Of course, you can't really get rid of certain aspects such as the sword attacks and still be able to call him "Link", but still.

Also, don't bring up "main Mario canon" in this.
There is no set canon in the Mario franchise; Paper Mario fits within the same exact canon as Super Mario Bros.....

...and even Mario Party, Mario Tennis, and Mario Golf.

The only exception being Dr. Mario as stated above. Namely because plenty of elements from the Dr. Mario franchise causing major plotholes to the canon, with Mario being too preoccupied with designing cures for diseases and wiping out viruses/healing people to do anything else (except when Wario swipes the Megavitamins to sell during flu season in Dr. Mario 64), Nurse Toadstool being his trusted assistant who's always by his side (instead of governing the Mushroom Kingdom), and Dr. Mario 64 screwing entirely with Wario Land 3's continuity by featuring its enemies and final boss. I don't want to have to explain why...
And then there's Miyamoto's statement in regards to the Dr. Mario games, which implies the Dr. Mario games aren't canon (and thus are their own canon):

And why argue about RPG mechanics when the M&L RPGs have damn near the same mechanics with a bunch of twists of their own?
Might as well have RPG Mario & Luigi in Smash instead; they're nothing at all like their platformer counterparts (especially since they are designed to work as a team), and are from a much more successful RPG franchise than Paper Mario.

They also happen to be visibly different (though were designed more like the platformer versions in Dream Team (more noticeable with Luigi)) :awesome:

I think it's time for me to drop the big Bob-Omb: if you knew what "infinite potential" means, you wouldn't be saying it.
Every character in the entire span of everything has "infinite potential". Why is this?
Because what "infinite potential" means is that there is no possible end to the number of ideas in the realm of imagination within the human mind.

Perhaps you though merely of the words "infinite" and "potential" separately.
For something to be infinite, it has to be limitless or endless in space, extent, or size. Something that is impossible to measure.
Potential is generally referring to an unrealized ability. Though in this case, you're going for the philosophical context in that it's any "possibility" that a thing can be said to have.

In other words, you're saying Paper Mario has endless possibilities. Which, depending on how one looks at it can both be considered true and false.
When one factors in that, well, anything is possible? Then yes, Paper Mario has "endless possibilities". However, like with the above definition of infinite potential, this applies to everyone not just Paper Mario. Even Random Goomba #52 from Super Mario Galaxy has "endless possibilities" because anything can literally be done to make him work.

On the flip side, the sole fact that Paper Mario isn't some ever-changing living individual, and is instead a fictional character, his "possibilities" aren't quite so "endless" since all possibilities are limited to all the content within the Paper Mario games. It may seem endless due to the sheer number of options regardless of feasibility, but they are quite finite.

Long story short, "infinite potential" is not something to advertise; either because it applies to everything or because its a false statement by definition depending on perspective.

Mr. Game & Watch is actually designed as a 3D model. He is, however, put under the "flattening" code at all times (whereas every other character only has it on when on the Flat Zone stages or Hanenbow).

And in cases where "3D" characters like Mario (and Luigi) are forced to act like G&W?

It shows that (in the case of Mario, Dr. Mario and Luigi specifically) Mr. Game & Watch really has a similar body type to a regular character. The only reason he seems awkward is due to his frame-by-frame movements, his thick outline, and his animations often putting his limbs in strange positions only noticeable when someone else of his body frame mimics him.

So really, are you going to tell me now that this somehow can't be done to Paper Mario as well?

Other than literally being Mario with a modded model under flattening effect, I'd say this is a good example of it working.

.....one of the first things I've talked about in our discussion when it was about Dr. Mario specifically was that he was added specifically to be a clone, which doesn't mean it's all he can do.
It's common knowledge that the clones in Melee were quick last-minute decisions.

Irrelevant. It didn't stop Toon Link from being added as a clone in Brawl. Nor did it stop Lucas and Wolf, newer semi-clones.
It also didn't stop Sakurai from planning on Toon Zelda with a Smash-original Toon Sheik form as a lower priority clone addition. Same with Dixie Kong as a semi-clone after the initial Diddy/Dixie tag-team concept was scrapped.
People were so damn sure there would be no clones in Brawl, let alone new ones. They were wrong.
And now, we see that Toon Link has returned and is still as much a clone as he was before. It's foolish to assume no newer clones will ever be added again. Especially when there is such a character that is highly requested in Japan to be a clone; Black Shadow (taking Ganondorf's old moves while Ganondorf gets a revamp).

Already covered why "infinite potential" is not a good thing to say. Repeating it doesn't make it any better.

It all comes down to subjectivity. The way I see it, if it's "good enough" for Doc, it's "good enough" for Papes. At least Papes actually does have feasible means to be a clone while Doc requires things being made up just to be like Mario.

I also need to point out that the FACT there's a "time-crunch" so to speak means that clones, being as you said, simple, would be less wastes of time than an equal number of newer unique additions.
I'm not advocating for a bunch of new clones, don't get me wrong. But if Sakurai's hell-bent on bringing as much veterans as feasibly possible back while still adding some Newcomers, then new clones would be the most efficient way to do so.
However, there is the other possibility that there's just not going to be too many Newcomers planned on in which case Paper Mario isn't getting in at all. (Which is how I see it; if a 2nd Mario were to show up, it's going to be Doc's return and he's going to be a clone/semi-clone. But I don't see any cut Melee veteran returning except Mewtwo.)

I'm not judging the book by the cover. I'm judging the book by the contents without being clouded by the (excuse the bad pun) papier-mâché decorations that try to distract me from analyzing each page.

And I apologize for the late reply as well.

....not so much the length. :p
I'd like to bring up some popular alternate characters that I see on the Boards.
  1. Paper Mario
  2. Ganon
  3. Tetra
  4. Toon Zelda(to a much lesser extent)
There's a reason people want to see these characters and that's due to the amount of content that they could bring. They want to see these characters bring elements from their respected series. We know the risk that these alts have a slight possibility to be a clone, but since this isn't Melee, there seems to be more of a focus on unique movesets when it comes to newcomers(at least as of now). Trust me, I don't want any of those characters if they turn out to be a clone.

Also, I agree Mario could use his hammers, it's not something only Paper Mario could do. However, I was shunned because I support the idea that Mario could use them to try and represent some of the RPG side(which is still going and very popular).

Personally, I'm very disappointed that Toon Link wasn't changed much, he could potentially bring the Deku Leaf or the Skull Hammer. However, I'm talking about newcomers as we've seen that veterans don't change too much.

Most of the characters you mentioned were planned to be clones due to Melee's time constraints. The only reason Ganondorf was added was due to the fact that he shared similarities and fit Captain Falcon, even though he was highly requested. While I'm not saying that this scenario is impossible again, I could say that most would agree that this scenario won't happen this time.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I'd like to bring up some popular alternate characters that I see on the Boards.
  1. Paper Mario
  2. Ganon
  3. Tetra
There's a reason people want to see these characters and that's due to the amount of content that they could bring. They want to see these characters bring elements from their respected series. We know the risk that these alts have a slight possibility to be a clone, but since this isn't Melee, there seems to be more of a focus on unique movesets when it comes to newcomers(at least as of now). Trust me, I don't want any of those characters if they turn out to be a clone.

Most of the characters you mentioned were planned to be clones due to Melee's time constraints. The only reason Ganondorf was added was due to the fact that he shared similarities and fit Captain Falcon, even though he was highly requested. While I'm not saying that this scenario is impossible again, I could say that most would agree that this scenario won't happen this time.
lol paper mario as alt. Imagine a 2D paper mario pulling out a 3D FLUDD

I wouldn't want them either should they be a clone. It would be difficult to craft a really unique moveset due to them being derived from the original whateve

And hopefully Ganondorf's moveset gets a makeover. He's practically a sh**tier version of Cpt Falcon

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I wouldn't want them either should they be a clone. It would be difficult to craft a really unique moveset due to them being derived from the original whateve
They've been doing this for a while. All the newcomers so far have moves from their series and are unique. Unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Greninja basically stole Ike's final smash, but that's about it.
In what ways are they similar other than the fact that they are both the "trapping" type of final smash
Greninja: swift ninja slashes everywhere (Night slash)
Ike: EPIC FIRE FIRE BOOM BOOM SMASH

Going by your logic Kirby stole Ike's final smash too

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, in retrospect, it's a really good thing that Ike got revealed before this stage did. The fact that both the 3DS and Wii U Fire Emblem stages have nothing to do with Ike would probably have convinced people Ike was getting cut.

On that note, I do think that some Fire Emblem newcomer may show up at E3 now. With the kind of random reveals of Ike and this new stage, we're pretty much set to get whatever new Fire Emblem character they have in mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Paper Mario
  2. Ganon
  3. Tetra

Also, I agree Mario could use his hammers, it's not something only Paper Mario could do. However, I was shunned because I support the idea that Mario could use them to try and represent some of the RPG side(which is still going and very popular).

Personally, I'm very disappointed that Toon Link wasn't changed much, he could potentially bring the Deku Leaf or the Skull Hammer. However, I'm talking about newcomers as we've seen that veterans don't change too much.

It could be argued that Tetra is not an alternate version of Zelda, but the other way around.
She is essentially her own defined character and is only a "Zelda" by ancestry. She refuses to go by the identity of "Zelda" and after the King of Hyrule's magic wears off, she never dons the appearance again, living the rest of her life the way she was raised into it; as Tetra the pirate.

As for Ganon, I've seen more people be in support of him outright replacing the Ganondorf incarnation rather than have the two co-exist. Mainly for the reasoning of Ganon, who is still Ganondorf and is more integral to the character as a whole (Ganondorf being Ganon's alternate identity) would be an answer in de-cloning Ganondorf.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
It could be argued that Tetra is not an alternate version of Zelda, but the other way around.
She is essentially her own defined character and is only a "Zelda" by ancestry. She refuses to go by the identity of "Zelda" and after the King of Hyrule's magic wears off, she never dons the appearance again, living the rest of her life the way she was raised into it; as Tetra the pirate.
So what you're saying is that she is Zelda, but she isn't Zelda? My knowledge of the Legend of Zelda is very limited. I've only played a little amount.

As for Ganon, I've seen more people be in support of him outright replacing the Ganondorf incarnation rather than have the two co-exist. Mainly for the reasoning of Ganon, who is still Ganondorf and is more integral to the character as a whole (Ganondorf being Ganon's alternate identity) would be an answer in de-cloning Ganondorf.
Right, however I just wanted to point out that Ganon is an alternate character that has a decent amount of support, whether he replaces Ganondorf or not. He could be a clone, but like I mentioned before, the amount that he could bring is worth noting. Just like if Paper Mario were to appear as a clone of Mario, he would be wasted potential. Same applies to all alternate characters. When fans of Paper Mario or Ganon think of these characters, they think of what they could bring and how they should be represented.

I guess it's mostly optimism, but I have huge doubts that neither Paper Mario or Ganon would be clones.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So what you're saying is that she is Zelda, but she isn't Zelda? My knowledge of the Legend of Zelda is very limited. I've only played a little amount.
She is technically Zelda by blood, but she basically couldn't care less and just keeps on being Tetra once Ganondorf is out of the picture.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
She is technically Zelda by blood, but she basically couldn't care less and just keeps on being Tetra once Ganondorf is out of the picture.
Oh, but wouldn't that still make her an alternate Zelda? She's still Zelda, but doesn't want to be Zelda nor acts anything like her.
Correct?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh, but wouldn't that still make her an alternate Zelda? She's still Zelda, but doesn't want to be Zelda nor acts anything like her.
Correct?
Yes, she is another Zelda.

But for the purposes of Smash, the fact that she doesn't act like Zelda and doesn't usually go by Zelda would make her completely different from the Zelda we already have. Even if she is technically Zelda, I think it's fine since she would have a play style that would be unique to her and different from Zelda's.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yes, she is another Zelda.

But for the purposes of Smash, the fact that she doesn't act like Zelda and doesn't usually go by Zelda would make her completely different from the Zelda we already have. Even if she is technically Zelda, I think it's fine since she would have a play style that would be unique to her and different from Zelda's.
Exactly, this is what I'm trying to get at.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You know, in retrospect, it's a really good thing that Ike got revealed before this stage did. The fact that both the 3DS and Wii U Fire Emblem stages have nothing to do with Ike would probably have convinced people Ike was getting cut.

On that note, I do think that some Fire Emblem newcomer may show up at E3 now. With the kind of random reveals of Ike and this new stage, we're pretty much set to get whatever new Fire Emblem character they have in mind.
I'm banking it's whatever character has the biggest role in SMT x FE behind Marth and Ike (I assume those two will have the largest).

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

Right, however I just wanted to point out that Ganon is an alternate character that has a decent amount of support, whether he replaces Ganondorf or not. He could be a clone, but like I mentioned before, the amount that he could bring is worth noting. Just like if Paper Mario were to appear as a clone of Mario, he would be wasted potential. Same applies to all alternate characters. When fans of Paper Mario or Ganon think of these characters, they think of what they could bring and how they should be represented.

I guess it's mostly optimism, but I have huge doubts that neither Paper Mario or Ganon would be clones.
Tetra is essentially Shiek, sort of. In Windwaker, Tetra is made aware that she is princess Zelda, and her appearance somewhat protected her. She reamins as Tetra after the conflict ends. While Shiek was a disguise Zelda used in OoT to protect herself from Ganondorf. Tetra wouldnt be a clone, but I dont think we need another Zelda incarnation.

I agree that Paper Mario and Ganon would both be good additions, even if they are different incarnations of the same character

Last edited:

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
If we didn't have Sheik, I would probably be rooting for Tetra. As is though I don't think we need three versions of the same person (I know they're technically different people, but still) in the game.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Tetra is essentially Shiek, sort of. In Windwaker, Tetra is made aware that she is princess Zelda, and her appearance somewhat protected her. She reamins as Tetra after the conflict ends. While Shiek was a disguise Zelda used in OoT to protect herself from Ganondorf.
I think it's sort of the other way around, the only difference being that TWW Zelda isn't a disguise. While OoT's princess is Zelda first and foremost, and Sheik while hiding from Ganondorf, TWW's princess is primarily Tetra, only being Zelda while she is forced to be a sissy has to be sheltered from Ganondorf.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, we're talking about alternates and... Fire Emblem? Good lord, people.

If we were to have alternates, my first choices are Paper Mario, Toon Zelda, Ganon and Fusion Suit Samus as a blatant clone.

Last edited:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Empty Roster.png

E3 is getting closer, so I decided to post my prediction roster with possible Bosses!

Note: Zekrom and Reshiram can be interchangeable. That means the stage randomly decides which one is going to be the boss. Robin represents Grima and Game & Watch represents Octopus.

Make sure to rate, comment, like and subscribe.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
View attachment 15557

E3 is getting closer, so I decided to post my prediction roster with possible Bosses!

Note: Zekrom and Reshiram can be interchangeable. That means the stage randomly decides which one is going to be the boss. Robin represents Grima and Game & Watch represents Octopus.

This gets all of my Yeah's.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
View attachment 15557

So what's your idea of G&W and Robin being boss characters?

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
So what's your idea of G&W and Robin being boss characters?
Well, they aren't really boss characters. Just a way to represent the actual bosses.
So in this case Robin represents Grima, a villain in Fire Emblem Awakening.
And G&W represents Octopus, which I really don't think should be his FS.
So yeah, I hope that clarifies things.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well, they aren't really boss characters. Just a way to represent the actual bosses.
So in this case Robin represents Grima, a villain in Fire Emblem Awakening.
And G&W represents Octopus, which I really don't think should be his FS.
So yeah, I hope that clarifies things.
Ah ok, I don't know why I didn't see that in your post. :facepalm:
Anyway, pretty solid roster.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Here's an interesting concept I wanted to throw out before e3. It's called the Series Stability tier. There are a bunch of series, and they are tiered by the amount of bickering surrounding them. The less discussion about the series there is, the higher the tier. Here's mine:
S+ tier: Punch-Out, Wii Fit, Animal crossing, Mega man, Yoshi
Most people are confident that these series will just have 1 rep.
S tier: Game and Watch, F-Zero
People are 99.9% certain of their return.

A+ Tier: Sonic, Pikmin
People are quite confident that neither series will get a second rep.
A tier: Warioware
No wario with Mk8? regardless, people are confident of his inclusion.
A- Tier: Kid Icarus
Palutena is a near lock for most. Medusa and Hades are to cite for the lowered score.

B+ tier: Ice climbers, R.O.B
Two retros that will probably return.
B tier: Mario
To many, Rosalina will be the only Mario rep.
B- tier: Earthbpund
Lucas's fate hangs in the air.

C+ Tier: Metal Gear, New retro characters, Zelda
Moderate discussion surrounds them, but differences mostly appear in prediction rosters rather than debates.
C Tier: Golden Sun
Shulk vs. Isaac debates.
C- Tier: Xenoblade, Star Fox
Shulk vs. Isaac debates. Points taken off Because of gematsu. People are very divided on the fate of Falco and Wolf.

D+ tier: Kirby, Donkey Kong
A certain spear user causes some pretty hearted debates. K. Rool and Dixie are also controversial.
D tier: Pokémon
Mewtwo, Jiggs, and Sceptile? Chaos!
D- Tier: Rhythym heaven
Gematsu, gematsu everywhere.

F Tier: Metroid
One guess as to what character caused this...
æ tier: Fire Emblem
Discussions here are so unstable I had to make up a symbol...

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Here's an interesting concept I wanted to throw out before e3. It's called the Series Stability tier. There are a bunch of series, and they are tiered by the amount of bickering surrounding them. The less discussion about the series there is, the higher the tier. Here's mine:
S+ tier: Punch-Out, Wii Fit, Animal crossing, Mega man, Yoshi
Most people are confident that these series will just have 1 rep.
S tier: Game and Watch, F-Zero
People are 99.9% certain of their return.

A+ Tier: Sonic, Pikmin
People are quite confident that neither series will get a second rep.
A tier: Warioware
No wario with Mk8? regardless, people are confident of his inclusion.
A- Tier: Kid Icarus
Palutena is a near lock for most. Medusa and Hades are to cite for the lowered score.

B+ tier: Ice climbers, R.O.B
Two retros that will probably return.
B tier: Mario
To many, Rosalina will be the only Mario rep.
B- tier: Earthbpund
Lucas's fate hangs in the air.

C+ Tier: Metal Gear, New retro characters, Zelda
Moderate discussion surrounds them, but differences mostly appear in prediction rosters rather than debates.
C Tier: Golden Sun
Shulk vs. Isaac debates.
C- Tier: Xenoblade, Star Fox
Shulk vs. Isaac debates. Points taken off Because of gematsu. People are very divided on the fate of Falco and Wolf.

D+ tier: Kirby, Donkey Kong
A certain spear user causes some pretty hearted debates. K. Rool and Dixie are also controversial.
D tier: Pokémon
Mewtwo, Jiggs, and Sceptile? Chaos!
D- Tier: Rhythym heaven
Gematsu, gematsu everywhere.

F Tier: Metroid
One guess as to what character caused this...
æ tier: Fire Emblem
Discussions here are so unstable I had to make up a symbol...

What do you guys think?
I think people are more confused about Snake's return.
I think most people agree that the final Pokémom characters will be Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, so I'd move Pokémon to C+ tier.
Other than that, I mostly agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom