• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Ridley mayhem:

Egh... looks like Roidley OD'd
Nasty.

Anyways... time to prove this one fake too!

He moved the blue outline that selected Ridley back to where it should be.
He edited the picture.
So there's a 5th piece of solid evidence to debunk this leak that already made absolutely no sense.

But it looks like he didn't fix the thickness of the gray lines below the icons-- but he did fix the one that was on the right of Ridley's icon.
ALSO:
Look at the gray line inbetween Ridley and Pit- thin and light gray
Look at the gray line inbetween Pit and (let's choose the obvious here) Palutena- thin and light gray
Look at the gray line inbetween Palutena and Villager- thick and dark gray.

He accidentally used the line he put inbetween the tops and bottoms of icons (see the gray line inbetween Row 1 and Row 2) inbetween Villager and Palutena!
FAKE!!!!!
He made the same mistake inbetween Kirby and the DK newcomer!
Guys! I killed it again! Yay!

Edit: Looks like these inconsistencies aren't in the first picture. So he must have edited it at some point inbetween posting both. All points still stand if it's in 1 picture. And an extra point is added as his own pictures' layout change throughout time

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
You went into too much detail explaining why it is a fake. Just look at Ridley.
I went into a lot of detail last time and it seemed like the majority still thought it wasn't debunked.

The sad thing is- there was that much to point out.
That much that could be said.
I didn't even have to think much about it, I just wrote inconsistencies as I saw them
That's how terrible this leak is.

I've seen people say "oh, it's just like the Palutena leak, looks pretty accurate but it's most likely fake"
Not even close...

Edit: And seriously, we can't leave out the possibility of Ridley looking that terrible.
And that's not just because Nintendo has done it before:

If Diddy Kong's official artwork had been in a leak, would you guys have really believed it? To me, it doesn't look right. And I think getting Other M Ridley is pretty likely... maybe 50/50
And making Other M Ridley look... well... good, is nothing short of a miracle.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Leak is fake, no way they would make such a terrible design for Ridley, he looks like an old godzilla monster
Eh, the old Godzilla monsters generally had a more cartoony look to them, to a degree. The really weird looking mutant monsters are a more recent thing, I think.

Kind of makes me think of that Cloverfield thing, actually.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I drew Lidrey.
z lidrey.png

I do like the designs for the locked character slots, but everything else is too bland. Possibly even moreso than Brawl's character screen.
Sadly, I could see the actual CSS looking like this.

----

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I could probably defecate a better looking Ridley than that.
I would defecate a better Ridley than you. #ComeAtMeBro :p
Why do you hate Luigi? He did nothing to you. unless...he did... WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU JOHN?! D: HONEY, CALL THE POLICE.
I think Luigi is better than Mario in every way, both in smash, and in the mario series. Come at me.
He crawl walked. :troll:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Well, now that Ike is reintroduced, I'd say we got most everybody that was present in Brawl, save for...
Oh god, CAPTAIN FALCON HAS STILL NOT BEEN REVEILED. :crazy:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, now that Ike is reintroduced, I'd say we got most everybody that was present in Brawl, save for...
Oh god, CAPTAIN FALCON HAS STILL NOT BEEN REVEILED. :crazy:
Nor have Ness, Jigglypuff, the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Falco, Ganondorf, Wario, Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B., Meta Knight, or Snake. Or Squirtle and Ivysaur, but eh. Falcon's fine.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Nor have Ness, Jigglypuff, the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Falco, Ganondorf, Wario, Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B., Meta Knight, or Snake. Or Squirtle and Ivysaur, but eh. Falcon's fine.
Oh, those guys. I was too busy thinking about Captain Falcon. And who wouldn't?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I love me some Dr. Mario, but the only other Mario that I find that would add something unique to the table would be Paper Mario.
Dr. Mario > Dr. Luigi.
Can't beat the OG
:denzel:

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
Idk, I don't think the Ridley looks horrible. After all, we are only seeing the top left of his head, and not the whole illustration.

Also, I've never plsyed a metroid game, so maybe my opinion is skewed, lol.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Idk, I don't think the Ridley looks horrible. After all, we are only seeing the top left of his head, and not the whole illustration.

Well...

It looked like Ridley was eaten by Kraid and pooped out.

The model looks nothing like any existing Ridley model or artwork.

Heck, I couldn't tell it was Ridley if it weren't for the labels.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I think Ridley looks real. Explain to me how a unique model such as that, with no found source material, can instantly be disproved becasue a giant, murdering, evil, dragon "looks too ugly?"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Ridley looks real. Explain to me how a unique model such as that, with no found source material, can instantly be disproved becasue a giant, murdering, evil, dragon "looks too ugly?"
Because it doesn't even resemble Ridley. It looks like...well it doesn't look like anything.

We already know these "leaks" are false anyway, this is yet another nail in the proverbial coffin.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think Ridley hit a brick wall.
By certain logic, wouldn't that make him more beautiful? :awesome:

Well, said source material was likely found. It's a unique model/image likely based on Ridley-X from Metroid Fusion, though the head is ridiculously different.
(though this form of the sprite has no wings, use for comparison!)

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

What immediately kills this leak is just that. With exception of transformation characters, Smash Bros. has been really good with fitting in the combatant's heads inside the frames, even the friggin Ice Climbers. And now we have a character whose head is just simply too big?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Welp, Chrom's gonna have to compete against those guns. :dazwa:
Too bad Chrom is not going to be playable in Smash. :drshrug:
You know, there's always the possibility that it took many tries to clone Ridley in Other M, and this one is one of the prototypes.
You tell us to stop talking about the leak and right after that, post something about the same leak again. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom