• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Of the potential newcomers, who uses a spear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I would really like a character with a spear used like a qiang(kung fu spear). I imagine a lot of the FE characters who uses "lances" actually use them like that, but I haven't played any FE. Please post anyone you can think of who uses a spear.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As far as spear users in general, Bandanna Dee comes to mind. Other than that, there's Chrom, who can use both Swords and Lances, including Spears. The same could be said for Lucina.

And that's about it. Other than that as far as pole-arms in general, Krystal and Palutena can use staves (Krystal's is more of a combat staff, while Palutena's is more of a Boom Stick), but that's as close as we can get to other spear users. Not the same as a spear or lance, but it's still a stick to flail around.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
well spear is kind of constrictive. there are plenty of characters who have pole arms or staffs throughout Nintendo.

Staff:
Palutena, Krystal, Brian, Goku (Yuyuki), Tempo(though its really more of a club)

Spear:
Bandana Dee, Medusa, Ephiram

Lance:
Galacta Knight, a lot of Fire Emblem characters

If you wanna get technical Bowser Jr with his paint brush would work in a very similar fashion to a staff, in theory. oh and Mewtwo with a Spoon :)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bandana Dee is the first to come to mind.

FE characters otherwise, that's about it.

It'd be a nice change, most Smash characters that primarily rely on a weapon use swords, and the only two (technically three) that don't are the Ice Climbers and King Dedede.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
While not technically a newcomer, if Ganondorf is given a trident-based moveset he'd qualify. I doubt he'd use it in a wushu fashion, though.

Side note, um, y'all should see this hilarious yet completely badass video of 11-year old Taylor Lautner using a staff?

Hehehehehehehehehe.

Right, spears.
I wouldn't mind seeing Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy II/IV getting in, that could be slick. Obviously he won't but...

As far as spear users with a realistic chance of getting in go...

Wow. Nobody that's first party except Banana Dee.

I just filtered through the video games section... really not many options.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BladeOnAStick

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really don't think this warrants a thread of it's own.

The Roster Prediction Discussion Thread should suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom