• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Back in the Game Bi-Weeklies

Back in the Game Bi-Weeklies
Posted by BoTastic!
Back in the Game
Friday, December 4, 2015 - 06:00 PM
Until: Friday, December 4, 2015 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty

BACK IN THE GAME
Super Smash brothers for Wii U singles tournament.
-------
VENUE
Back in the Game
17941 S Halsted Street
Homewood, Illinois
Back in the game Bi-monthlies in Homewood
-------
EVENT(S)
-Smash Wii U Singles
-Smash Wii U Doubles
Cost. Cash only
Venue Fee - $5
*Discounts with setups
Smash 4 Singles - $5
Smash 4 doubles - $2 per team
-------
Tentative Schedule.
4:30 Sign ups begin
5:30 pm – Smash 4 singles
8:00pm – Close
SMASH PAY OUT
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%
*Details may change as the date draws nearer.
-------
GENERAL RULES
Smash 4 bracket rules
* Double Elimination
* 2 STOCK 6 MINUTES
* All sets are best of 3 including all finals matches. This is due to time constraints.
* Doubles is 3 stock 8 minutes
LEGAL STAGES
Starter Stages
● Battlefield + Mii verse
● Final Destination+Omega stages
● Smashville
● Lylat
● Town and City
Counterpick Stages
● Duck Hunt
Stage Striking: One of the players will strike(ban) a stage from the Starter Stage list first. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.
● Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.
● Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counter pick lists.
● Self Destruct Moves: If a match ends with the successful use of a character’s selfdestruct move, the player that initiated the self destruct move wins the match regardless of what the results screen states.
Self destruct moves include only Ganondorf’s SideB, King Dedede’s NeutralB, Wario’s NeutralB, and Kirby’s NeutralB.
-BYOC (Bring your own controller): PLAYERS ARE EXPECTED TO BRING THEIR OWN CONTROLLER AND BE PREPARED FOR EVERY SET.
Wireless controllers aren't banned but I'm strongly against them. If players are unwilling to cooperate and disconnect their controllers when they're not in a match, I will ban them in future tournaments
IF YOU ARE USING A WIRELESS CONTROLLER PLEASE DISCONNECT IT FROM THE WII U AFTER YOUR MATCH IS OVER IF YOU ARE LEAVING THE SET UP.
-------
DISCOUNTS
We need set ups for the tournament to run as smoothly as possible. So we're offering discounts will be given on a first come first serve basis to whoever brings set ups! If we don’t have space for more setups you will not receive a discount.
$1 Discount for bringing a Console
$1 Discount for bringing a Monitor
We need more consoles than we need monitors.
*You are responsible for your own belongings! Please label your equipment!
-------
Food
There are several restaurants nearby including Pizza hut right next door, portillos around the corner, Chipotle, and Panda Express. Please be aware of how the tournament is progressing and leave for food at a time that does not delay the tournament otherwise you will risk being DQ'd.
-Once your set is done PLAYERS MUST IMMEDIATELY REPORT the results to the TO staff.
-DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the SET. TO staff will not leave the venue to go searching for you so please be aware of how the tournament is progressing. YOU WILL GET DQ’D IF YOU DON’T ARRIVE TO YOUR MATCH ON TIME.
The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
-Players may NOT hold off their match in order to have it streamed/recorded unless first cleared with the TO staff.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
I think Dreamland should be legal as counterpick. Love the ruleset otherwise though. Might be there on the 23rd.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Dreamland isn't legal for serving the same purposes as Battlefield. Most have to ban both stages to avoid the similar platform layout.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
A reminder that BITG will be in the homewood store this week so please don't make a trip to Crestwood. Cya all there!

Shadowrath

Smash Rookie
Hey, are you holding the tournament this friday the 6th as well? I Might show up.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I should be able to come out on Friday been taking some names in Missouri made 7th yesterday so I am excited to test my greninja out in IL

Top Bottom