• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 25, 2014] Revival of Lafayette 3: The Land of the "Freest" - SSBM... (Lafayette, Louisiana)

VVB

SD Champ
Revival of Lafayette 3: The Land of the "Freest"
(RofL3)

October 25th, 2014

@

AIE Lafayette (LITE Center)

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/850056358345379

Opening

This is the Revival of Lafayette: A tournament series dedicated to bringing in players of all levels to compete in a setting built for smashers, by smashers.

Since our first event, we have had double the amount of entries for each event making it one of the largest tournaments Lafayette has ever experienced! RofL2 hit 52 entries for Project:M, which enough to be classified as a regional event - We've been hard at work making sure our next event would be sure to live up to it's predecessors. Hopefully, we can get the same entry numbers for SSBM this time around, too! How "free" are you?

Venue/Entry Fee

No Venue Fee! (Yay!)

10$ Entry fee for singles
10$ Entry fee for doubles (5$ per player)

PLEASE BRING SETUPS SO THIS TOURNAMENT CAN RUN EFFICIENTLY!

If you plan on bringing a setup, please let us know before hand by either posting here or the Facebook event.

If we can get a round about count of what we have, then we'll know if we need to scrounge up more setups before the day comes. This will dramatically effect the efficiency of any tournament, so all help in providing setup will be GREATLY appreciated.

In order of needs:

CRT TVs - Anything above 19'', if possible.

SSBM Setups - Wii or GC + SSBM will do.

P:M Setups (Brawl & P:M SD) - 3.02 vanilla ONLY. I don't mind if the music has been altered, but please, no stage edits.

Payout

Payouts have changed! We've decided to try and level out the payout amounts to spread the love a little more.

1-31 Entries - Top 3 - 60 / 30 / 10
32+ Entries - Top 4 - 55 / 25 / 12.5 / 7.5
48+ Entries - Top 5(6) - 50 / 25 / 12.5 / 7.5 / 2.5 / 2.5

Rules

Melee
Apex Rule Set
Double Elimination
4 stocks
8 minutes
Items off
Neutrals - Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick - Pokemon Stadium

Project:M
Double Elimination
3 stocks
8 minutes
Items off
Neutral: Page 1, bottom row
Counterpick: Page 1, center row

Schedule

11:00 - Begin registration

12:30 - Brackets close

1:00 - Project: M Doubles

2:00 - Project: M Singles

4:00 - Melee Doubles

5:00 - Melee Singles

PLEASE BE HERE ON TIME!

We will be following the schedule very strictly, so please be punctual. If you are on your way and/or running late, please let a TO know by call/texting us or posting to the facebook event page. I will do my best to make sure you didn't travel out here for nothing, but I will not accept any late registrations if have not at least notified a TO. If your match is up and you aren't here to play it, you will automatically forfeit that set. If you are leaving the venue for whatever reason, make sure to let a TO know so they can plan accordingly. I don't care if you're in the grand finals, I will DQ yo' ass if you're holding up tournament progress.

Stream

Lafayette Smash on twitch.tv @ http://www.twitch.tv/lafayettesmash
Stream will only be on 1 setup.
If you would like to bring a streaming setup, you are more than welcome. Please let us know if you plan on doing so and I'll make sure to update with the twitch URL.

Closing

Let's make this one just as rad as the last! Please let us know if there is anything the TO's can help you with and we'll be sure to try our best to accommodate. And remember to ask yourself:

How "free" are you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom