• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West NorCal Amiibo Challenge - 10/18/2015 (Manteca, Calif.)

NorCal Amiibo Challenge - 10/18/2015 (Manteca, Calif.)
Posted by The Game II
War Torn Front
Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 01:00 PM
Until: Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

The Game II

Smash Champion
amiibotrainer.com presents The NorCal Amiibo Challenge.

The first of hopefully many NorCal Amiibo tournaments in this series.

Date: Sunday, Oct. 18, 2015

Time: 1 p.m. registration, 2 p.m. start time

Where: War Torn Front, 506 N. Union Road, Manteca

Venue fee: $5 per person [discounted if you bring a setup, and we’ll need a couple, thanks :) ]

Tournament fee: $5 per Amiibo entered (maximum two per trainer)

An official announcement about the Diddy Kong Amiibo will be made tomorrow (10/10). As of this moment, he is banned under the Ver. 1.1.1. glitch. I will run multiple matches/tests tomorrow and make a decision on it.

All other Amiibos currently available for purchase are allowed.

Each trainer is allowed two Amiibos into the tournament.

Double elimination

Preliminary matches: Best of 3 games

Grand finals: Best of 5 games

Each game is 2 stock, 6 minutes

Omega-style stages only or Final Destination, selected by Random

Items are set to Off. If your Amiibo is equipped with an item to start a game, it is allowed. No other items will spawn during games.

All bonuses are allowed, the maximum three allotted per Amiibo

Equipment upgrades/concentrations can go to the maximum 120 positive cumulative points as technically allowed by the game. If an Amiibo has more than 120 positive cumulative points (aka it was boosted via Action Replay), it will not be allowed. You can go into the negative on stats as long as it adds up to no more than 120 points.

The Amiibo(s) must be registered prior to the start of the tournament.

The Amiiqo device is not allowed.

An Amiibo's stats and bonuses cannot be altered at any point during the tournament.

Trainers must save after every match.

Trainers are allowed to practice with their Amiibo in between matches.

The bracket will be separated to where the Amiibos by the same trainer cannot meet up until winners finals at the earliest on the winners bracket side.

Double jeopardy will be prevented until it can’t (losers semifinal and beyond).

If two Amiibos by the same trainer meet up in the winners bracket, losers semifinals, losers finals or grand finals, they must play each other.

If two Amiibos by the same trainer meet up in what would be both their first losers bracket match, they will be moved.

If two Amiibos by the same trainer meet up any other time in losers bracket (after first round but before losers semifinals), they will not be moved, and the trainer has the option of skipping the match and choosing which Amiibo to continue. If the trainer chooses to play the match, that result is final.

= = =

Prizes

Winner: 60% + $150 bonus

Trainer with the next highest finish: 30%

Trainer with the third-highest finish: 10%

I will be entering the tournament, but I will disqualify myself from the bonus. If I win the tournament, the $150 bonus goes to the next highest placing trainer.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I tested the Diddy Amiibo under Ver. 1.1.1 and I believe he is OK for tournament play, but it doesn't matter since Ver. 1.1.2 is now available. He will be allowed.

--GCII

Top Bottom