• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 18, 2014] When Smash 4 Wii U?? A Smash 3DS Tournament Hosted by LoF Xatic (Ann Arbor MI)

Xatic

Smash Lord
Title coming soon~

11am - Doors Open
1pm - Smash 3DS Doubles Begins
3pm (or when 3DS Doubles Ends) - Apex 2012 Brawl Singles Bracket Begins
4pm - Smash 3DS Singles Swiss Format Begins (if more than 16 players)
6pm - Smash 3DS Singles Top 8 Begins (if pools happened)
10pm - Bdubs hype

Venue - $5
3DS Singles - $5
3DS Doubles - $5
Apex 2012 Brawl Singles - $5

Payouts

• < 29
    • 1: 60%

• 2: 30%

• 3: 10%
  • 30-39
    • 1: 55%

• 2: 30%

• 3: 10%

• 4: 5%

Note: The person hosting the match should have “More Rules” unlocked.
  • 3 Stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • Team Attack is On
  • Pause Disabled
  • The act of stalling is banned -- Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinite’s, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If a match ends with a Character’s suicide move, the player that initiated the suicide move, Bowser, Kirby, Dedede, Ganondorf, win the match regardless of what the results screen states.
  • If the game results in a Timeout the player with the lower % wins. If both players are tied in % it goes to a 1 stock 3 minute tiebreaker.
  • LGL is 50, only used if a timeout happens.
  • Any Glitch that freezes the game is banned.
  • Equipment of any type is banned.
  • Custom Movesets are allowed (must be revealed before the game).
  • Mii Fighters are allowed.
  • Doubles Only: You must pick the color of your team. ie. Red Team must pick red costume of the character you are using.
  • The Team of Pikachu/GnW is banned (Doubles Only)

Swiss
Follows General Game Settings
For Swiss Rounds are determined by how many entrants there are in the Tournament
Swiss Matches will be best of 3 matches
At the end of swiss rounds there will be a double elimination bracket featuring the top cut (x amount of top players from swiss). From here you will determine what the payouts will be.
Example. 32 Entrants = 5 Rounds of Swiss, at the end of 5 rounds, take either top 4 and place them in Top Cut Bracket since the Payout will be top 4 at this size of an event.

Stages --

Singles

Starter Stages
Final Destination (Or an Omega Version of a Stage, counts as FD)
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick Stages
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Reset Bomb Forest

Doubles

Starter Stages
Final Destination (Or an Omega Version of a Stage, counts as FD)
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick Stages
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Reset Bomb Forest
Rainbow Road
Jungle Japes

Stage Striking and Bans
  1. Highest seed strikes first
  2. 1-1 then you start on remaining stage.
  3. A stage may be agreed upon by both parties.
  4. At the end of the each match
  5. the winner may ban 2 stages (If FD is banned, all FD/Omega stages are banned as well).
  6. Loser announces counterpick stage
  7. Winner may change character, then loser may change character
  8. Game 2 commences
  9. Repeat above steps at end of Game 2 if a Game 3 happens.
  10. Every set, including finals, will only have 2 bans per player/team.
  11. Dave’s Stupid Rule, DSR, is on.
  12. You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

As of right now, I'll be trying to make this Smash 3DS only. I will look into having a side event depending on interest.

Apex 2012 Brawl Singles Stagelist:

NEUTRAL:
Smashville,
Final Destination,
Battlefield,
Yoshi Island,
Lylat

COUNTER-PICK:
Frigate,
Halberd,
Castle Siege,
Delfino,
Pokemon Stadium 1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/379193392229151

More info later~

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
first and hype, will be here since my plans for going to the Pokémon Regionals got messed up.

SoulPech

Smash Master
i was about to say "make RC and Brinstar legal and i'll ****ing go to this tournament" but then i forgot the 18th is a tourney i'm helping to run.

RIP :(

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
For custom moves, you need to set a transparency clause that all customs in use be revealed before the start of the set. Also specify whether or not you can switch custom movesets during a set.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
For custom moves, you need to set a transparency clause that all customs in use be revealed before the start of the set. Also specify whether or not you can switch custom movesets during a set.
I like the idea of this, the transparency clause. Also the switching Movesets mid set was something I'm covering in ruleset v2 since I forgot to mention it in v1~

Xatic

Smash Lord
Changed stage list for Smash 3DS

+ Added in a rule for Custom movesets --
Custom Movesets Allowed (Movesets must be shown before the game and can be switched between games, however you may NOT CREATE a brand new moveset once the set begins.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom