• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 18, 2014] AlfaCollusion 4 (Hilliard OH)

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
HELLO FOLKS. ALFACOLLUSION 4 WITH SMASH 4 IS HERE!!!!!!!

Yes it is I... the one and only AlfaStryke!!!! With the success of last AlfaCollusion I am excited... NO BEYOND EXCITED to bring you another AlfaCollusion.... At a different (and possibly BETTER) venue!!!!!

Pre- Register ***IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THIS PART***

PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEASE pre register by going to this link http://tinyurl.com/alfacollusion4. If you want to pay prior to the event via paypal you can! If you are using Paypal Please send the money to ajsims89@yahoo.com BEFORE Oct 17th and in the comment field mention AlfaCollusion4 (or AC4) and write your first and last name as well as your game Handle and the events you are joining IF you didnt pre-register. (Example: "AC4 Alfred Simmons AlfaStryke" Melee Singles, PM Singles, no setup).
WHEN:
Oct 18th 2014

WHERE:
Packrat Comics
3864 Lattimer St, Hilliard, OH 43026

(Loading Zone is behind the building)
Price
Venue without a setup - $5
Venue w/ full setup (Wii/Gamecube and tv) - FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smash 4 Singles- $5
Project M Singles - $10
Project M Doubles - $5 per person/ $10 team
Melee Singles - $10
Melee Doubles- $5 per person/$10 team
*All events without full setup = $40*
*All events with full setup = $35*

SCHEDULE:
(Note that this is the tentative schedule!)
2:00 - Registration (For EVERYTHING)
3:30 - Registration Ends (FOR EVERYTHING) *Aka BE HERE BY 3:30 PM PLEASE
3:45 - Smash 4 Bracket Starts (This bracket will run throughout the entire day, if you have other matches while you are in the smash 4 bracket please play those first!!)
4:00 - PM Doubles Start
5:00 - Melee Pools Start
6:00 - Project M Pools
7:00 - Melee Singles Bracket
8:00 - Project M Singles Bracket
9:30 - Melee Doubles ** IF THERE IS TIME**
11:00 - Closing up shop
11:15 - Resistance (until I feel salty enough at losing and I kick all of you out!!!!)

2:00 AM - ESI League of Legends WORLDS (wherever they are hosting worlds viewing party :happysheep:)

PAYOUTS
Melee and PM
Singles < 32:

1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Singles > 32:

1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 10%
4) 5%

Doubles
1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 15%

SMASH 4 3DS RULES

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 2 stocks, 5 min Time Limit, Best of 3 games. Finals are best of 5 (Losers Finals, Winners finals and Grand Finals)
  • Items are disabled
  • All chain grabs and infinites are legal up to 300%
  • You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
  • Playing as any of the Mii Fighters (Gunner, Swordsman, Brawler) is banned
Stage List
Netural Stages

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Island
Counter Picks
  • Arena Fereox
  • Jungle Japes
  • Prism Tower
  • Tomodachi Life
  • Ω Paper Mario**
** Ω Paper Mario can be counterpicked IF Final Destination is still available. If FD is banned then Ω Paper Mario is banned as well
Match Procedure

• Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
    • Players will select their custom special moveset the same time you select your character
    • At this time the opponent has the option to ask the player what movesets are being used. If the opponent asks, the player must show or tell the player the custom moveset, if any, they are using.
    • Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses to either strike a stage first or select stage
    • First player will strike one (1) stage from the Neutral list above. The second player will then decide which stage they wish to play from the remaining two (2) stages
    • The players play the first match of the set
    • Winning player of the preceding match bans two (2) stages from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
    • If set is a best of 5 then the Winning player will ban only 1 (one) stage. This ban will remain in effect for the winning player for the remainder of the set (Example, if player 1 wins game 1 and Bans Final Destination, however player 2 wins game 2, Final Destination is open. If player 1 wins game 3, Final Destination is banned in addition to another ban for Player 1).
    • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
    • The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters and or movesets. Steps 2 and 3 apply
    • The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters and or movests. Steps 2 and 3 apply.
    • The Next Match is played

• Repeat Steps 7-12 until set is complete

Project M Ruleset

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled.
  • Input buffer is disabled
  • All chain grabs and infinites are legal
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
  • Playing as Giga Bowser is banned
  • Pool Positions are determined the following order: Set wins, Game wins, Head to Head
Doubles Rules
  • Team Attack enabled
  • Sharing stocks is allowed
Stage List
Neutral Stages

• Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville
    • Pokemon Stadium 2
    • Dreamland (64)
    • Fountain of Dreams
    • Yoshi’s Story (Melee) [Singles Only]
    • Distant Planet [Doubles Only]
    Counter-Pick Stages
    • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Wario Ware
    • Green Hill Zone
    • Skyworld
    Match Procedure
    • Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
    • play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or second Stage Strike
    • Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), the first player removes two(2) and the second player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
    • Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
    • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
    • The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
    • The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
    • The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
    • The next match is played
    • Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Melee Ruleset

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items are disabled.
  • Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
  • Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
  • Playing as Master Hand is banned
  • Pool Positions are determined the following order: Set wins, Game wins, Head to Head

Doubles Rules
  • Friendly Fire enabled
  • Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed Stage List Neutral Stages
    • Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Yoshi’s Story
    • Dream Land
    • Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
    • Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]
    Counter-Pick Stages
    • Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
    • Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]
    Match Procedure
    • Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
    • Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
    • Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
    • The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
    • The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
    • The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
    • The next match is played
    • Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

IF you have any questions or concern Please contact me on my cell (614) 900-1078 (preferably text)

Thank you guys and I will see you guys there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Just to give more information on this venue, this place is a GREAT venue. The owners are chill, they have your normal nerdy-type hobbies (games, manga, comics, etc.), and the space is great.

Here is their website to check our their other events as well.

Here are some pictures of the venue:

Last edited:

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
I like the PM stagelist. Is that what you used for Alfa 3?

Also, I'm looking for a competent PM doubles partner. I'll be mostly playing Dedede, but might pull out Ivysaur too.

Last edited:

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Want payback? revenge?

COME AT ME BRO...... >=]
#esports

Not sure what you mean by that but the reason I am posting it now is because its less than a month out and I want people to know as far out in advance as possible.
that just literally meant what it sounded like
"nice, there's another one announced"
"the one before was literally 2 days ago"

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Well I'm going to throw the idea out to my crewmates and see if they're interested. I probably won't come alone. I'll talk to them about it tomorrow. If we show up there will probably be at least 3 or 4 of us.

MrRavine

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping to go, but it's going to depend on my schedule next Saturday. To make sure I'm reading the OP correctly, pre-registered isn't necessary?

Drex150

Smash Rookie
Man, I'd really like to go to this to meet the local smashers but I'll be out of town that weekend. If this is a monthly, I will definitely be there next month. I live like 5 minutes away, so the location is awesome for me.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for it next time!

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I hope I come and have Doubles Partner who actually has synergy with me

Edit:Nevermind I can't come

Last edited:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Clarification on the Smash 4 rulseset - When you say "No custom characters", does that mean customizations are off, or are you just outright banning Mii fighters too?

Mii fighters can be played with customizations off, which is where the confusion lies.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Clarification on the Smash 4 rulseset - When you say "No custom characters", does that mean customizations are off, or are you just outright banning Mii fighters too?

Mii fighters can be played with customizations off, which is where the confusion lies.
I am acutally gonna get my rulestet out hopefully today. but to answer your question, Mii Fighters are banned and custom equipment is banned. You can use custom movesets however.

Drex150

Smash Rookie
Plans changed and it seems I can go to this. Also bringing a full set up. I'll try not to be antisocial. I'm new and don't know anyone going haha. XD

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I pre-registered but with the news of Miis being banned (lol) and Smash 4 already being a side tourney (loool) I'm not coming to this.

SoulPech

Smash Master
This tournament was created before smash 4 came out and it was added in because players demanded it. If you want to have an event w/ Smash 4 as the main event you can always run your own tournament. You won't be missed homie.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Why would you main a Mii to begin with, when you know that they're not gonna be legal everywhere?

At least have a pocket character just in case Miis are banned anywhere.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
This tournament was created before smash 4 came out and it was added in because players demanded it. If you want to have an event w/ Smash 4 as the main event you can always run your own tournament. You won't be missed homie.
Rude, but I don't know what else I expected.

Why would you main a Mii to begin with, when you know that they're not gonna be legal everywhere?

At least have a pocket character just in case Miis are banned anywhere.
There's absolutely no reason for Miis not to be legal in the first place, especially this early in the Smash 4 metagame. I really can't stress enough how laughable banning any character this early is from a community standpoint. We could be learning the very, very minor differences between Mii sizes (which are known and readily available) and pat ourselves on the back for helping ourselves develop. But no, let's cripple 3 characters' development and just keep giving Central Ohio more negative rep because I've heard nothing but praise so far. Sarcasm, but it does actually bother me when I hear it since a lot of you are actually pretty cool people.

There is not a single legitimate reason to ban any of the 3 Miis or any other character at this point other than ignorance of the characters themselves.

I know that Alfa had to make a judgement call to make a last-minute Smash 4 ruleset so that's fine, this is no salt from me not coming to this tourney, I made money at a different tourney and had a blast, I just don't want to see my local area banning 3 characters of all things without good reason. I think more than a few people would back up that sentiment.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
I was more upset over the way your post went of "miis being banned (lol) and it's a side event (lol)" left a bad taste in my mouth and made you sound like a condescending jerk IMO. The intended purpose of Smash 4 was to be a side event because this thread was made prior to smash 4 being released and it was added on by popular demand.

As for a proper meta, there isn't gonna be one for a while and it's always under experimentation. Let Alfa do what he wants and when there's a more idea/agreement of a meta it's probably gonna come to that unless there's a heavy opinion of what the meta should be (EX: I feel unity ruleset for brawl is way better than APEX ruleset). If you have different beliefs, then run your own tournament.

That is all.

Top Bottom