• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Nov 8, 2015] Melee@Mulligans Bi-Weeklies (Greensboro, NC)

BEHR

Smash Hero
***THIS IS A MELEE ONLY TOURNAMENT EVENT***
***Venue Fee waived for full Melee
Setup(TV+Melee+Cube/Wii)***
***TOs:Eric"Oso"Ferman AKA Eddie & Ryan"Sneak"Holiday***

Prices:

Venue Fee: 5$
Melee Singles: 5$
Melee Doubles:10$(Per Team/5$ Per Individual)

Schedule

12:30 PM: Doors Open and Registration for Doubles and Singles Begin
1:30 PM: Registration for Doubles Closes/Last call for Doubles
1:45 PM: Doubles Bracket Begins
2:45 PM: Doubles Finishes/Registration for Singles Closes/Last Call For Singles
3:00 PM: Singles Bracket Begins
????: Singles Finished/Ideal time is 8-9 PM,but we ahve as much time as we need to finish.

*Schedule is tentative, and can change before the tournament date.

Venue Polices:
-Outside Food/Drinks are allowed,just please clean up after yourselfs and keep the venue areas clean.
-Treat the venue owners and the venue itself with respect.
-Venue also sell drinks,candy and other snacks.

Parking Notes:
-DONT park in front of the Greensboro Guns and Ammo store. -Fiesta Tan and the Mulligans storefront are fair game, you can also park along the parking spots facing West Market St.

TO Policies:
-PLEASE DO NOT GO BEHIND THE TO STATION,EVEN IF ITS TO REPORT A MATCH WAIT FOR A TO TO REPORT IT.
-DO NOT PLAY MATCHES A HEAD OF TIME.
-If I see any violations of this you will be DQ'ed.(I will give you up to 2 warnings) Multiple Violations of this can result in a ban from the tournament venue/series.

Setup Waive Policy:
-There will be a cap of 12 Full Setups. To guarantee a full waive on a setup please come at 12 PM(30 minutes before the start time of the tournament)
-Partial discounts
TV=2.50$ Venue
Wii/Cube+Melee= 2.50$ Venue

**Note this is as by needed basis.

Melee RulesSet:
Melee Game Settings
Stocks: 4 stocks
Time Limit: 8:00 minutes

Melee Stagelist
Neutral: (Singles)

Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick: (Singles)
Pokémon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium

Melee Details:
Stage Striking-Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral stagelist until there is one stage remaining. The player or team without port priority strikes first. Then the other player/team strikes two stages. Then the player/team with port priority strikes one more stage and the remaining stage is used for the first game of the set.

Stage Bans-After each game of the set, before counterpicking, the player who won the previous game may ban one stage from the stagelist. This rule is not in effect for best-of-5 sets. All stage bans affect both players, meaning players who banned a stage may NOT counterpick that stage themselves later in the set.

Stage Clause-A player/team may not counterpick any stage they previously won on during the set.

DQs- If you are called for a match and dont show up for it in 15 minutes since being called you will lose the first game,you will get another 5 minutes and if you still dont show up you will lose the set. (I will be somewhat lenient if you dont hold up the bracket or let me or Sneak know where you are at)

Payouts:
60%(1st)/30%(2nd)/10%(3rd)

*Can vary depending on entrants.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
"DO NOT PLAY MATCHES A HEAD OF TIME"

Yo, if that isn't how you carry on NC melee tradition, I don't know what is.

:denzel:

Nessafile

Smash Apprentice
soooooo mad i can't come to the next one nor the one today but i can probably come through november 8th

good **** eddie

BEHR

Smash Hero
soooooo mad i can't come to the next one nor the one today but i can probably come through november 8th

good **** eddie
i have a feeling the one on the 25th will be pretty hype. you should come to that one.

BEHR

Smash Hero
How many people usually come out to these tournaments?
first one had 38,second one had 27.

This upcoming one looks to be in the range of 20-40. There will also be streaming.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Great! Thanks for the info. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Make it out if you can, also there is a North Carolina Facebook group if you like to join and a group for the Triad Region of NC(Greensboro,Winston,HighPoint)

BEHR

Smash Hero
What's the name of the Facebook group?
Search 'North Carolina Melee' for the Main NC Group.

The triad group is called 'Triad NC Melee'

just search it on facebook shouldnt to hard to find.

BEHR

Smash Hero
DO TO TIPPED OFF ON THE 8TH, WE WILL CANCEL THE 8TH DATE FOR MULLIGANS.

WE WILL BE BACK ON THE 22nd of NOVEMBER,

Top Bottom