• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Our Hands Clasped so Tight in the Eye of the Salt Storm

Our Hands Clasped so Tight in the Eye of the Salt Storm
Posted by Xilo Pryce
RikRic OtakuCafe
Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
San Antonio's second Salty Suite event is here, and this time were bringing our friends... and then blaming them when we lose.

Schedule
10:00AM| Venue Opens
10:45AM| Registration Begins
12:00PM| Registration Ends
12:20PM| Teams Tournament Begins
3:30PM| Meal Break
5:00PM| Salty Suite Begins

• Exact change is appreciated, but not necessary(Even though you jerks all apparently only carry 20s.). Helps keep payout pools separate and easy to manage.
  • Full setups must arrive before 12:00 PM in order to qualify for the $5 venue fee refund.
Entry Info
Venue Fee:
$5 per person (required from all attendees)
Melee Teams: $5 per person/ $10 per team
Salty Suite: Your pride and Dignity

Salty Suite
The salty suite is all about trash talk and grudge matches. If you want to prove someone else can't handle you, then you are perfect for this event. That being said, this event thrives on the crowd. Therefore, there are a few rules specific to the salty suite matches.

• Trash talk is great and encouraged. If you are a participant in this, please understand that the things said during this aren't serious. It's meant to create an atmosphere and the people saying disrespectful things are saying them for that atmosphere. Please get in the mood and it will make the event more fun.
  • Now, while trash talk is encouraged, don't get carried away. Don't yell a ton of obscenities, don't make personal jokes about people, if someone asks you to stop, stop. If I give you a warning, please believe that it is a serious warning and either an attendee or the staff has complained or I heard it and feel it crossed a line.
  • If someone does say something that bothers you, please just let them know that it bothered you in a calm and polite fashion. If they don't back off, let me know and they will get one warning before I boot them. Don't start yelling at them before voicing your discomfort. In the end that will only end poorly for you. Using your words in a calm manner is way more effective in getting them to stop one way or another.
  • The final Salty Suite matches are scheduled in advanced. If you have a match that you want then both people need to let me know. When I have enough matches I will get the community's vote on what matches they want to see most.
  • During the Salty Suite it is extremely encouraged that everyone watches the projector. You don't have to, but it does make everything more exciting.
  • The Salty Suite will end in a Crew battle. It will likely be Draft. Captains will be announced before the event unless another city wants to get wrecked.

The tournament is open to anyone and everyone! Just show up to the venue on the day of the tournament on time.
What to Bring
1. Enough cash for the events you wish to enter (see the prices above)
2. Your own controller (GameCube controller)

If you bring a full setup for any game, we will refund your $5 venue fee at the end of the tourney.
A full Melee setup is a CRT TV, GameCube/wii, Melee disc, and fully unlocked memory card.

Payouts:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules
We will be using the MBR Ruleset for Melee. It can be found here.
Code of Conduct:
  • All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
  • No alcohol or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No refusal to play on certain TVs or setups will be tolerated barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
  • Be on time to your match. You have 5 minutes from when it's called to be at your station or you forfeit the first game. If you are 10 minutes late you forfeit the match and are either out or in losers. I will not go looking for you. There is a very nice sound system and you should be around to hear it.
  • Collusion will not be tolerated. This event is about hype. Don't kill the hype.

In the case that 2 or more placing players are caught colluding, prize money will be redistributed to the next qualifying tier of players. This will be a pain for everyone involved. Don't do this.

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING SETUPS!
I can only provide one setup, so bring more and make the event easier and more enjoyable for everyone involved. More setups means more friendlies and more playing time, so please do your part if you have equipment to lend us for the day. Remember, if you bring a full setup, we will refund your $5 venue fee at the end of the tourney.

Maxzeth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Maxzeth
Is there anyone here that would like to go but has no teammate?

Top Bottom