• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 7, 2014] Gaoo Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Tournament 4 (Seattle, WA)

Gaoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
That_Cody_Guy
3DS FC
1177-7744-2200

Hey smashers. How did you like The Rendezvous? I thought it was pretty sweet with the big screen and theater seating. Let me know if you guys would be interested in doing it there again.

We'll be streaming the tournament on twitch and putting edited matches up onto youtube.

I hope to see you all there.

We will have have one extra copy of the game with all characters unlocked available for people to use during the tournament. So bring your friends even if they don't have the game.

Entry Fee: $5 - Goes toward the cash prize, covers pizza, and soda.

Rules: Single Elimination
No customized characters (Miis are okay)
3 stock
Best 2 out of 3
No items

Stages Allowed:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Any Omega Stage (final destination)

Prizes:
1st place - 70% Cash pot
2nd place - 20% Cash pot
3rd place - 10% Cash pot

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1511823065762866/
Streams: twitch.tv/gaoochannel
Youtube: youtube.com/gaoochannel

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't understand why the rule exists "No customized character (Miis are okay)".
It's kind of confusing if Mii is considered a "customized" character but exempt and what other customized characters there are (Party Hat Pikachu?).

This also makes one wonder if Equipment is allowed or considered to be "customized" for characters.

Would it be enough to simply say for the game settings: "Customization: OFF"
This would disallow Custom Moves as well as Equipment, and keeps the Mii fighters in (as well as negates any Equipment they may have on them).

Hope you can clear things up for me, I would be interested in going as I may be in the area at this time.
But I may have health-related issues with the pizza/soda, any exemptions/reductions on price for such a case?

Gaoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
That_Cody_Guy
3DS FC
1177-7744-2200
Yes Customization: OFF aka, no custom moves, no equipment. When selecting a character look at the bottom screen. As long as that green wrench in the top right corner is toggled to off you're good to go.

Sorry there is no discount because you cannot eat pizza or drink soda.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Thanks for answering some of my questions. And thanks for a simple ruleset that makes sense.
Just saw this is a late-running event, still recovering from some health issues (hence the pizza & soda question) so not sure if I am up for that. We'll see though.
Thanks again.

IsaiahJH

Smash Rookie
A few questions, because i'm coming of course. This is my first IRL tourney.
Preferred age?
Will it really be 6 hours?
How many people will be coming?
Thanks in advance! I hoping for a great experience!

Gaoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
That_Cody_Guy
3DS FC
1177-7744-2200
A few questions, because i'm coming of course. This is my first IRL tourney.
Preferred age?
Will it really be 6 hours?
How many people will be coming?
Thanks in advance! I hoping for a great experience!
All ages

No it wont last 6 hours. That's the minimum time you can enter when posting an event on here. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Not sure how many people will show up, only 7 confirmed on facebook but that usually ends up being less than half of the actual attendees. In the past attendance has gone like this 1st tournament: 40, 2nd: 55ish, 3rd, 25, 4th (strange venue): 14. Not sure what to expect this time around. We passed on our regular venue and went to a 21+ establishment last week due to Halloween, thus the drop in attendance. I expect attendance to explode on the 21st when we switch over to the Wii U version. Share with your friends, I'd like to get more people to join.

Last edited:
Top Bottom