• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Smash on the Hill 7 - (Smash 4, Project M & Melee Monthly)

Smash on the Hill 7 - (Smash 4, Project M & Melee Monthly)
Posted by xTMPRx
Church on the Hill Boston
Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

xTMPRx

Smash Apprentice
Hey all!

We're hosting Smash on the Hill 7 and expecting a huge turnout! If you need parking we have a private garage so let us know in advance! Thanks!

It is a Smash 4 Wii U Singles & Doubles double elimination, of course there is free play area for those attending as well.

We will have Super Smash Bros. Melee & Project M 3.6 Side events as well!

At the moment we have a couple full set ups, If you want to bring your own set up, it'll help smooth out the process (and waive your venue fee :) ), if you do not have a Wii U adapter, we can provide it, but we are very limited in extras. Last time was a blast, can't wait for this one!

Twitch Channel
http://www.twitch.tv/smashonthehillboston

Challonge Brackets

Smash 4 Doubles:
http://www.challonge.com/soth7d

Smash 4 Singles:
http://www.challonge.com/soth7

Melee Singles:
http://www.challonge.com/soth7m

Project M Singles:
http://www.challonge.com/soth7pm

EVERY CHARACTER IS FAIR GAME (exception with Mii Characters, move set 1111, ALL DLC INCLUDED)

Single Fee - $5

Doubles Team Fee - $10

Venue Fee - $5

The venue and registration for all brackets will open at 1, we will do a last call 10 minutes before the start of events. If you will be late and want to be in the bracket, please let us know on the Facebook page, if you have not given us a heads up and arrive late, you will not be added to the bracket, no exceptions.

SCHEDULES

Venue & Sign ups open at 1:00 pm

Doubles at 2:00 pm

Melee Singles at 3:00 pm

Smash 4 Singles at 4:00 pm

Project M Singles at 5:00 pm

SETLIST RULES - SINGLES

- 2 Stock, 6 minutes. Best of 3, Finals Best of 5
- No items, No Equipment
- No Customs

SETLIST RULES - DOUBLES

- 3 Stock, 8 minutes. Best of 3, Finals Best of 5
- Team Attack On
- No Items, No Equipment
- No Customs

STAGES

- Starting Stages:

Battlefield/Miiverse*
Smashville
Town & City
Dreamland 64
Final Destination/Omegas**

- Counterpick Stages:

Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt

*Banning Battlefield also bans Miiverse
**Banning FD also bans Omegas

Melee Ruleset:
http://smashboards.com/rulesets/melee/

Parking Garage Entrance

LeavesCat

Smash Rookie
I might be able to come to this. How big is the garage? Are Wii U Pro controllers allowed, or corded only? If I can drive in, I should be able to bring a full Smash 4 setup, although my monitor is only 720p. I could probably bring a melee setup too, but I only have one monitor.

xTMPRx

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to come to this. How big is the garage? Are Wii U Pro controllers allowed, or corded only? If I can drive in, I should be able to bring a full Smash 4 setup, although my monitor is only 720p. I could probably bring a melee setup too, but I only have one monitor.
Garage is 3 floors, there shouldn't be a parking problem, and Wii U Pro Controllers are fine but desync after every set. & The more setups the merrier. The only thing we look for in a monitor is lag.

JustThatGuy

Smash Rookie
I'll be attending the event on Saturday. I will need to use the private garage that you are offering for the event. how does that work?

xTMPRx

Smash Apprentice
I'll be attending the event on Saturday. I will need to use the private garage that you are offering for the event. how does that work?
Pull up to the driveway, concierge should be there to open & guide you to where to park.

I have a question if you don't mind me asking. which of the games has the most attendants on a regularly?
The main event is Smash 4 & I expect the majority attending to be for Smash 4. Although we have a good crowd of PM & Melee players that come to our weekly as well.

Psyquas

Smash Rookie
The poster says Nov 21 but everything else says Nov 28... I guess the poster is wrong? Otherwise I just missed the event :(

0BLIVID0TN

Smash Rookie
Are wiiu gamepads legal in this tournament? i know some tournaments like APEX or EVO dont allow it. my friend is only used to the Gamepad.

xTMPRx

Smash Apprentice
The poster says Nov 21 but everything else says Nov 28... I guess the poster is wrong? Otherwise I just missed the event :(
It is the 28th, sorry for the confusion I'll edit that shortly in the poster

Are wiiu gamepads legal in this tournament? i know some tournaments like APEX or EVO dont allow it. my friend is only used to the Gamepad.
GamePads are legal if there are any setups that have them. For future events though we might not use them.

How much for parking?
Parking is free for the event.

When is this and how do I sign up?
It is this Saturday, Nov. 28, and you register at the venue for the events you want, before they take place.

Psyquas

Smash Rookie
Is registration open until 10 minutes before the event starts? So for example if I'm just doing singles is it ok if I plan on arriving slightly before 3:50pm? Or do you have to be around at 1pm to register?

76leelee76

Smash Cadet
NNID
76leelee76
3DS FC
2552-3634-1654
Do you guys still do smash 4 weeklies on Thursday @ 6?

xTMPRx

Smash Apprentice
Is registration open until 10 minutes before the event starts? So for example if I'm just doing singles is it ok if I plan on arriving slightly before 3:50pm? Or do you have to be around at 1pm to register?
Registration is available up until the event starts, so you if you wanted to do just singles, you can sign up 10 minutes prior.

Do you guys still do smash 4 weeklies on Thursday @ 6?
Yes, every Thursday @ 6.

76leelee76

Smash Cadet
NNID
76leelee76
3DS FC
2552-3634-1654
Registration is available up until the event starts, so you if you wanted to do just singles, you can sign up 10 minutes prior.

Yes, every Thursday @ 6.
How long do the events last for?
What DLC stages are required to play in the tournament?

ionustron

Smash Rookie
NNID
ionustron
Hey, this is the scrubby fellow that used a classic dualshock via a gamecube converter;

Just wanted to say I had a blast at this event. Was cool making some friends. I don't have any access to real serious play up here (unstable internet and my competitors are mainly screaming nieces and nephews with 8 player mode and all items on =/) so had to put the idea of winning and losing out of my mind. The tourney actually kinda drove me nuts because I just wanted to grind out my nerves. Not sure if it was an issue with most folks there getting either bored or self-conscious trouncing me in friendlies but I really don't care about that at all. As it is I play to learn (once I get past nerves.) I'd like to visit again but is a weekly or a monthly better for that sort of thing?

Victory to me is not coming off as That Guy, or the one creepy guy that seems to show up at any tabletop/ccg shop tourney. You know the kind of guy I'm talking about.

xTMPRx

Smash Apprentice
Hey, this is the scrubby fellow that used a classic dualshock via a gamecube converter;

Just wanted to say I had a blast at this event. Was cool making some friends. I don't have any access to real serious play up here (unstable internet and my competitors are mainly screaming nieces and nephews with 8 player mode and all items on =/) so had to put the idea of winning and losing out of my mind. The tourney actually kinda drove me nuts because I just wanted to grind out my nerves. Not sure if it was an issue with most folks there getting either bored or self-conscious trouncing me in friendlies but I really don't care about that at all. As it is I play to learn (once I get past nerves.) I'd like to visit again but is a weekly or a monthly better for that sort of thing?

Victory to me is not coming off as That Guy, or the one creepy guy that seems to show up at any tabletop/ccg shop tourney. You know the kind of guy I'm talking about.
Hey!

Glad you enjoyed your time at the event :) Everyone usually gets their first taste of Smash at the monthlies, and those who enjoy it most of the time come to our weeklies every Thursday. Its really fun on Thursdays, the tournaments a smaller bracket and you we all know each other by now. It's great to see new faces come and become apart of our community. You learn a whole bunch by playing friendlies. I hope you can come out to one of our weeklies or to our next monthly :)

Top Bottom