• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 23, 2014] Regular Tournament 3(Lazy Sunday Edition): Melee San... (San Antonio, Texas)

Zhea

Smash Ace
Regular Tournament 3
San Antonio Monthlies
November 23rd, 2014
San Antonio, TX

Brought to you by:
Zhea (Daniel Hall)

Schedule
Venue opens at 12:00 PM, so that's the earliest you can show up!

Tournament Schedule
2:00PM| Melee Singles begin
5:00PM| Melee Doubles begin

• Registration for all events will start at 12:00PM.
  • Exact change is appreciated, but not necessary. Helps keep payout pools separate without too much hassle.
  • Full setups must arrive before 2:00 PM in order to qualify for the $5 venue fee refund.
Entry Info
Venue Fee: $5 per person (required from all attendees)
Melee Singles: $5 per person
Melee Doubles: $5 per person($10 for a team)

The tournament is open to anyone and everyone! Just show up to the venue on the day of the tournament on time and bring the following:

What to Bring
1. Enough cash for the events you wish to enter (see the prices above)
2. Your own controller (GameCube controller)

If you bring a full setup for any game, we will refund your $8 venue fee at the end of the tourney.
A full Melee setup is a CRT TV, GameCube/wii, Melee disc, and fully unlocked memory card.

Prizes
Prizes for each individual event are distributed from the money pot as follows:

Payouts
Under 50 entrants

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Over 50 entrants
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

4th: 5%
Rules
We will be using the MBR Ruleset. It can be found here.
Code of Conduct:
  • All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
  • No alcohol or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No refusal to play on certain TVs or setups will be tolerated barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
  • Be on time to your match. You have 5 minutes from when it's called to be at your station or you forfeit the first game. If you are 10 minutes late you forfeit the match and are either out or in losers.
Collusion (Pot splitting, bracket rigging, etc):
I don't tolerate collusion of any kind. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to see it. I don't make money off this event. I give up my Saturday to run this event. I do this because I want the San Antonio and surrounding scenes to have another tournament to go to. If you are strapped for time come talk to me. We can work something out.

In the case that 2 or more placing players are caught colluding, prize money will be redistributed to the next qualifying tier of players. This will be a pain for everyone involved. Don't do this.

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING TVS!
I can only provide a couple TVs to start with, so it's up to the rest of the community to bring more and make the event easier to run. More setups means more friendlies and more playing time, so please do your part if you have equipment to lend us for the day. Remember, if you bring a full setup, we will refund your $5 venue fee at the end of the tourney.

Last edited:

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
Soooo... since this is about a week away... should I bring my computer and recording equipment? I can stream and record matches, then maybe edit them and post them to YouTube or something. Do you guys want me too? If so, let's get the details worked out early so this is efficient and doesn't cause headaches for me trying to get it set up.

Zhea

Smash Ace
While I am glad you offered FCF, unless you are willing to be the one to man it and watch it the whole tournament it's more of a burden then it is a helping hand.

Also Dubless have been added.

Last edited:

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
I can man it and make sure it's running well and good for the tournament. I'll still want to play in the tournament though... and what matches get streamed and such we can work out. We'll have to work out space and outlet requirements during the set up phase of the tournament, but otherwise I can easily watch and manege it. Hoping that if people spread the word that these can get streamed, more people, and maybe better known players, might start showing up. So should I bring it?

Zhea

Smash Ace
I can man it and make sure it's running well and good for the tournament. I'll still want to play in the tournament though... and what matches get streamed and such we can work out. We'll have to work out space and outlet requirements during the set up phase of the tournament, but otherwise I can easily watch and manege it. Hoping that if people spread the word that these can get streamed, more people, and maybe better known players, might start showing up. So should I bring it?
Hmm I know ultra is trying to get equipment to stream melee. I'll talk to brandon. What are you using to capture video?

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
Hmm I know ultra is trying to get equipment to stream melee. I'll talk to brandon. What are you using to capture video?
I currently use a Dazzle DVD 100 pro for game capture device, and use Open Broadcaster Software as my way to stream. I also have my own equipment, such as audio and video cables, that I can supply so only I have to bring things to set it up. I could even bring my Wii system as a setup, but sadly I can't supply my own CRT TV.

Zhea

Smash Ace
So good news, my Dazzle just came in today, going to test it tonight and if it works I'm donating it to ultra and we'll be able to use their stream setup.

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
can I still bring mine to stream my matches and other matches...? Or do you have that covered now Zhea?

Last edited:

Zhea

Smash Ace
Well here is the thing, and this was a problem the last time I tried to stream with my pc here. Outside of where they have their stream setup, they can't reach other spots for another streaming setup. So you can bring and record and I'll clear a spot for that, but I can't do anything else.

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
They use ethernet cables then, no wifi with a password I can log onto? I'll still bring my stuff so I can record my matches with my opponents consent, and record other matches as well.

PonderousSealion

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm aware this already passed and everything, but is this something that happens every month? And is it always melee? Looks like a fun way to break into tournaments :D

RedGamer

Smash Ace
yeah, it's mostly every month.
there won't be one in december because we're all going to Forte 2.
It's usually melee cause Project M is held at ooples.
smash 4 monthlies will be held at ooples starting in january.

PonderousSealion

Smash Rookie
yeah, it's mostly every month.
there won't be one in december because we're all going to Forte 2.
It's usually melee cause Project M is held at ooples.
smash 4 monthlies will be held at ooples starting in january.
What's Forte 2? (Sorry for being a skrub) Is it in S.A?

Last edited:
Top Bottom