• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 15, 2014] Spartan Biweekly #6 (East Lansing, Michigan)

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Back by popular demand, the team of Severest, Stif, and FendrickLamar bring you the newest edition of the Spartan Biweeklies! Located right in the heart of Michigan State University, this low-cost, high-reward series will be for the inexperienced and veterans alike, filled with fun and guaranteed playing time!

1385 E Grand River Ave
East Lansing, MI 48823

PARKING
The entire lot in front of, next to, and behind the venue is free all day!

ENTRY INFO
Venue Fee is free!
Melee Singles - $5 per person

SCHEDULE
Saturday, October 18th
Pools begin: 2:00PM
Break: 4:00PM-5:00PM
Bracket begins: 5:00PM
Tournament ends: 9:00PM

We are doing only Melee Singles for the first biweekly, however depending on turnout and demand we may expand to doubles or PM in the future. For now, though, just Melee Singles. Also, the tournament format is subject to change by the TOs depending on number of attendees (pool setups, bracket size, etc.).

We are adhering to the EVO 2014 ruleset. Everything will be Bo3 until Grand Finals, which will be Bo5. Wobbling is legal. The TOs reserve the right to disqualify entrants who are absent for a prolonged period of time.

WHAT TO BRING
* Enough cash for registration
* Your own GameCube controller
* SETUPS!!! We unfortunately do not have the power to refund venue fees (since the fee is 0!), but we need setups in order for the event to run smoothly. We are aiming for AT MOST 3 people per setup, optimally 2.

IF YOU CAN COMMIT A SETUP BUT CAN'T GET IT THERE, I WILL PERSONALLY PICK YOU AND YOUR SETUP UP. That's right. Free ride to the venue (and possible from, depending on resources and time).

FOOD
*Outside food and drink are not allowed in the venue. You may have closed water bottles, but please respect the venue.
*There are a plethora of food options within a 5 minute walk, including Wings Over, Bagger Dave's, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's, McDonald's, Conrad's Wraps, Starbucks, Qdoba, Subway, and more.

This event is open to the general public, not just students! Smashers of all levels, beginner to advanced, are encouraged to attend. THAT BEING SAID, if you DO live in the area, these biweeklies will be crucial for developing the Lansing PR. We will be doing seeding based off of the PR, and there will be no better way to make a name for yourself than playing and winning at these biweeklies!

Get hype!!!

Links to results of previous Bi weeklies
Spartan Biweekly One
Spartan Biweekly Two
Spartan Biweekly Three
Spartan Biweekly Four Am Bracket
Spartan Biweekly Five Am Bracket
Spartan Biweekly Six Am Bracket
PS: Stealthy Shoutouts to General Heinz for organizing the first 3 Biweeklies last year

Previous Champions
Rayquaza x2
KJH
Ginger
Duck
Soul

Ametur Bracket Retirees (win two straight ametur brackets)
Russell (4 and 5)

Last edited:

TJD269

Smash Rookie
Hey man, I'll be coming to this tourney this weekend. I noticed you said that you might do PM and I think that'd be an amazing idea. I've been playing PM for awhile now and went to a few tourneys and consider myself pretty good. I have 4 friends who are really coming into the competitive scene, all here at MSU too. I have a full PM setup. Hopefully we could start up a Project M scene here in Lansing.

Just a thought for you!

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, I'll be coming to this tourney this weekend. I noticed you said that you might do PM and I think that'd be an amazing idea. I've been playing PM for awhile now and went to a few tourneys and consider myself pretty good. I have 4 friends who are really coming into the competitive scene, all here at MSU too. I have a full PM setup. Hopefully we could start up a Project M scene here in Lansing.

Just a thought for you!
Ill talk with some of the other PM players in EL and see what they think. I think you guys should host PM tourneys on the opposite weekends of melee just because there is not a lot of room for set ups in there. I need about 10-12 setups to run a good melee event and their really is not room for more than 15 set ups in there. If we could get 10 melee set ups and 6-8 PM set ups in there I would consider running both.

fZk

Smash Lord

Just a thought for you!
I'm by far the most active PM player in the area, I drive to a lot of events all over MI and basically run the MI Power Rankings. There's smash happening (PM and Melee) every Tuesday night on campus in Wonders Hall. Hit me up if you guys want to join the MI scene.

TJD269

Smash Rookie
I'm by far the most active PM player in the area, I drive to a lot of events all over MI and basically run the MI Power Rankings. There's smash happening (PM and Melee) every Tuesday night on campus in Wonders Hall. Hit me up if you guys want to join the MI scene.
Most definitely. I'm surprised actually that someone in the area is more active than I am at PM in this area. I have a car so I'll drive to wonders. What time and where in wonders? Also is it tonight? I might go.

Top Bottom