• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 14, 2014] Gaoo Super Smash Bros for 3DS Tournament FINAL (Seatte, WA)

Gaoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
That_Cody_Guy
3DS FC
1177-7744-2200

Hey smashers. That's right it's the final Super Smash Bros. for 3DS tournament. We're moving on to bigger better things. Like the Wii U version! After this tournament we will no longer be using the 3ds to play Smash Bros. We will instead have Wii U consoles set up. Feel free to continue to bring your 3ds systems to play friendlies in between matches with friends.

Sense it's the final round before the Wii U version I thought I would try out a slightly different rule format than I had been using before. Before I was using Melee rules but Smash 4 is a little slower than melee. Therefore I thought it would be appropriate to knock each round down to 2 stock 6 minutes as opposed to 3 stock 8 minutes. Lets see how it goes. Hopefully it will shorten up the tournaments so everyone can see the champs and play around instead of leaving quickly.

We'll be streaming the tournament on twitch and putting edited matches up onto youtube.

I hope to see you all there.

We will have have one extra copy of the game with all characters unlocked available for people to use during the tournament. So bring your friends even if they don't have the game.

Entry Fee: $5 - Goes toward the cash prize, covers pizza, and soda.

Rules: Single Elimination
No customized characters (Miis are okay)
2 stock
6 minutes
Best 2 out of 3
No items

Stages Allowed:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Any Omega Stage (final destination)

Prizes:
1st place - 70% Cash pot
2nd place - 20% Cash pot
3rd place - 10% Cash pot