• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noob Question Alert: How to Add PSA's to the Game? [Please Help!]

Kashology

Smash Cadet
Greetings fellow smashers! I've just downloaded Project M for the first time -- successfully I might add -- but I've run into a bit of a problem. You see, my first attempt at getting a psa into a game didn't go well; I tried installing the latest version of the "Goddess Zelda" psa hack from Brawl Vault, and once installed I went through the chain of folders and added the .pac file into the "zelda" one (the chain goes >projectm >pf >fighter >zelda). Once I dropped in in the "zelda" folder Windows prompted me to copy and replace a file because all the names, I did, and once I booted the game up and played as Zelda the game froze. I had to unplug the outlet to get it responding again.

So, how do I add PSA's properly? Was this hack incompatible with the current version of the game; if so where are the compatible hacks at? Where did I go wrong (my guess is copying and the replacing bit)? Is the freezing related to the PSA I added, and how do I prevent it from happening again?

Celestis

Smash Ace
A lot of Brawl PSA are not going to work in PM cause of the altered engine. But if you are just going to change things like that, you might just want to play Brawl. PSA will work much better there.

Top Bottom