• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

If it doesn't bother anyone, can I ask why is Devil's Third deemed bad? I've been hearing "it's so bad, it's good" for a while now.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well the Server just seemed to reset. Can't tell if that's bad or not...
EDIT: Well, I feel like a doofus.

It was just scheduled maintenance all along :teeth:.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If it doesn't bother anyone, can I ask why is Devil's Third deemed bad? I've been hearing "it's so bad, it's good" for a while now.
Something about being a game that was nearly cancelled and development didn't go quite well.

Graphically, there are frame-rate drops, the graphics are unpolished and the animation is poorly done. The game looks like something from the GCN/PS2/Xbox era.

In regards to the gameplay, I hear it has a lot of bugs and the single-player campaign is nothing to write home about due to blandness and has issues like enemy AI being flawed.

It's being deemed as bad because the game looks and plays bad. It has notable issues and people who've played the demos have complained about it being a subpar game all around.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It was the Devil's third attempt at making a game, but because he has no sense of enjoyment he made it with the opposite ideals that make good games, well, good.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Maybe not the only one, but a popular opinion that certainly is not.
Who do you have in mind?
Veteran-wise, Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Newcomer-wise... none in particular, as none stands out as an obvious front-runner (though I could still see a Pokemon newcomer getting in as DLC. I just don't know which specific one it woulld be if there was to be one).

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Veteran-wise, Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Newcomer-wise... none in particular, as none stands out as an obvious front-runner (though I could still see a Pokemon newcomer getting in as DLC. I just don't know which specific one it woulld be if there was to be one).
To be honest, I could see Sceptile getting in just to complete the trio with Charizard and Greninja. Other than that, I feel there's probably not going to be another Pokemon character due to already having 6 reps overall in the game. It would definitely be cool to be proven wrong and see another unexpected Pokemon getting into Smash though.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm sorry but it seriously bugs me every time I hear Sceptile suggested to complete the type trio with two completely unrelated starter Pokemon.
I would prefer Grovyle greatly to Sceptile.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sceptile is just bandwagoning. People want to complete a non-existent thing.

Charizard and Greninja are Smash 4 on their own merits.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Had a very bad past couple of days, my eldest cat passed away.

EVO will help cheer me up, I'm very excited for it :)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Yup reading down NR is definitely who I think it is. He did indeed do what he said of providing NessinEagleLand info (those ESRB images taken from the video). At the very least, the guy is as credible as @vaanrose so take that how you will.

That is, unless it's an imposter account that really did his research on the ESRB leak

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yup reading down NR is definitely who I think it is. He did indeed do what he said of providing NessinEagleLand info (those ESRB images taken from the video). At the very least, the guy is as credible as @vaanrose so take that how you will.

That is, unless it's an imposter account that really did his research on the ESRB leak
Um...that's scary.
I really hope the majority of the characters on Nintendo's ballot "short-list" aren't more Mario characters...

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm sorry to hear that. :(
Two of my cats died a couple weeks ago from flea bites.
Sorry to hear that :(

Chibi Robo is the most shocking thing there tbh.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Hmm, interesting.

Either way, it's a reasonably safe prediction at this stage. Let's see what else NR comes out with.

Neo Zero

Iirc, NRs involvement was archived in Vaanrose testimonial. Not sure if the prior Gamefaqs account was ever said however, I'll have to 're read it. I sent him (NR001) a message on Skype as well (again if he's who I think it is).

If he knows anything keep in mind it's 99% likely it was obtained second hand the same way that ESRB video was leaked to him (as well as others like myself). Still, he's never lied to me and he's very helpful so I imagine if he's posting a leak on Gamefaqs and that is him, he has a very good reason to believe it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't think Chibi-Robo is too surprising. It's a pretty popular series in JP and still has games being made in its series.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly I think those choices are safe. Too safe, in fact.
Paper Mario and Chibi-Robo have upcoming games while King K. Rool is, well, King K. Rool.
The only one that surprises me (if valid) is Waluigi.
And again...not in a good way.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't think Chibi-Robo is too surprising. It's a pretty popular series in JP and still has games being made in its series.
Chibi-Robo was a pretty neat addition to Super Smash Flash 2 so I have no real issue with the idea of him being in. K. Rool would be a kool and interesting addition, so I'm interested to see how he would be like should he be DLC.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm a little skeptical about that guy.

If true, does that mean the same character can be playable and be an Assist Trophy at the same time?

Seems odd in regards to gameplay. What if, say, Waluigi summons Waluigi? Or are they planning so that when a character is in battle, the Assist Trophy may never appear?

The way the game is designed, it rubs me the wrong way to see an Assist Trophy becoming a character through DLC.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Seems odd in regards to gameplay. What if, say, Waluigi summons Waluigi? Or are they planning so that when a character is in battle, the Assist Trophy may never appear?
The way the game is designed, it rubs me the wrong way to see an Assist Trophy becoming a character through DLC.
Nine palette swaps. Problem solved.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Iirc, NRs involvement was archived in Vaanrose testimonial. Not sure if the prior Gamefaqs account was ever said however, I'll have to 're read it. I sent him (NR001) a message on Skype as well (again if he's who I think it is).

If he knows anything keep in mind it's 99% likely it was obtained second hand the same way that ESRB video was leaked to him (as well as others like myself). Still, he's never lied to me and he's very helpful so I imagine if he's posting a leak on Gamefaqs and that is him, he has a very good reason to believe it.
If you some how get a hold of him, would it be possible for you to ask him to make a SmashBoards account? It would be great as we can all ask him questions about where he got his sources from.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
?????
What do palette swaps have to do with Assist Trophies?
I thought it would be obvious. Let me reiterate.
Nine palette swaps. That way, in the event that eight players play a character at once, and they happen to summon that Assist Trophy, everyone has a unique palette to differentiate.
Assist Trophies are considered "that character" and not a NPC representation of them, so to nonchalantly have Assist Trophies separate themselves with palette swaps is most likely the route they'd take.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I thought it would be obvious. Let me reiterate.
Nine palette swaps. That way, in the event that eight players play a character at once, and they happen to summon that Assist Trophy, everyone has a unique palette to differentiate.
Assist Trophies are considered "that character" and not a NPC representation of them, so to nonchalantly have Assist Trophies separate themselves with palette swaps is most likely the route they'd take.
I guess that's one possibility.

We'll have to wait and see.

I'm not putting much stock in this "leak" anyway. Not enough convincing evidence--rather, no evidence at all.

Neo Zero

If you some how get a hold of him, would it be possible for you to ask him to make a SmashBoards account? It would be great as we can all ask him questions about where he got his sources from.
He might already for all I know. Vaanrose knows him better than I do at any rate.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Honestly, the nine palette swap solution is so simple and easy I'm amazed I'm literally the only person to ever suggest it.
A winner is you?

Still, I'm skeptical about the whole thing, considering the game outright removes Toon Link and King Dedede's cameos in the Spirit Train and Dream Land 64 stages whenever the respective characters are in battle.

Before someone nags me about it, I know about 75 m and Duck Hunt, though I believe those stages are a sole exception to the whole thing given they're meant to reproduce the respective source games.

Sure, I guess DLC could be an exception.

I don't know what to say anymore.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
He might already for all I know. Vaanrose knows him better than I do at any rate.
Alright, thank you! I'm actually going to search that up real quick...
EDIT: In the mean time, here's something completely unrelated.
(https://games.yahoo.com/news/playstation-cpu-powering-probe-travelling-173705010.html)
This article, PlayStation CPU powering probe travelling towards Pluto, originally appeared on CNET.com.
The New Horizons space probe which recently completed a flyby of Pluto and beamed new images of the planet back to Earth is being guided by the same CPU which powered the original PlayStation console. As reported by The Verge, the probe contains a MIPS R3000 CPU, repurposed to "fire thrusters, monitor sensors, and transmit data."
The same CPU was used in the original PlayStation console, which was first released in 1994 and ran at 33.8688MHz. It was implemented by NASA scientists in the New Horizons Space Probe, which was launched in 2006 and has travelled more than three billion miles in its journey.
According to The Verge, NASA has always preferred hardware that has been "tried-and-tested" over newer technology, which may be riskier to use. Reliability is prioritised over power, which is why a 12-year-old CPU was used, with a few tweaks made to help with surviving in space.
Various gaming hardware have been employed by NASA in its past projects, including use of the Kinect and Oculus Rift to control a robotic arm in real time. NASA has also revealed plans to use Microsoft's Hololens augmented reality headset in the International Space Station, where it will provide support and guidance for day-to-day actions.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So that GameFAQ leak may be legit.If so paper mario and k rool would be sweet.Dont care much for waluigi amd chibi robo could be cool if done right

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I dont think 9 palette swaps for an AT is plausible. That's waaaay too much work. They would just disabled their appearance a la Dedede on Dreamland, or Link on Spirit Train.

I'm going to wait until we have full confirmation from either @vaanrose or @ Neo Zero Neo Zero that this guy isnt an impostor. I also want some additional information :3.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I dont think 9 palette swaps for an AT is plausible. That's waaaay too much work. They would just disabled their appearance a la Dedede on Dreamland, or Link on Spirit Train.
I'm going to wait until we have full confirmation from either @vaanrose or @ Neo Zero Neo Zero that this guy isnt an impostor. I also want some additional information :3.
Making eight extra low-poly models is waaaay too much work?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I probably don't see any character becoming DLC if they are a AT.

If that's the case, Takamaru should been on that list as well considering Sakurai's statements on him but what would I know.

Remember, folks don't believe everything you hear and really just make sure it has gameplay footage or atleast found in data files because we can't keep falling for this stuff man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom