• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I didn't even see Simon Belmont in that picture lol. I wasn't really paying attention. But I'd still be on Knuckles before Bandana Dee, sorry not sorry. I would LOVE to see Rayman. I totally fell for that leak.

Alright, quick topic, how many more pre-ballot candidates do you think we have left? Elaborating and reasoning is highly appreciated.
none.

I cant see there being that many characters planned from the start when it has been said that DLC would be limited. MAYBE wolf but honestly I dotn think that will be the case.

Of course I only think there about 2-3 more characters so I might just be pessimistic.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alright, quick topic, how many more pre-ballot candidates do you think we have left? Elaborating and reasoning is highly appreciated.
Maybe one, two if we're being REALLY optimistic.

We just got three characters, I can imagine there's not much more for the pre-ballot. Hopefully August comes with a character or two, but even if we just get tournament mode and some new stages that's cool.

A question, but are Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle considered Tournament Legal?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Do we mostly agree that several is very vague of itself?
I think we are all slightly eager to get more Info.
Everything was Leaked months before reveal so we have technically been without new info for a good while now,
(64 stages were hype though)
Whatever comes next, will rock the community.
Even Pichu could absolutely Rock the Boards.
Be it either way.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He's the only veteran without some sort of problem preventing him from returning.
Technically, Sakurai is a problem for any character, even veterans.

Not hating on Wolf, just pointing this out, since he could decide not to add him for whatever reason.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
none, i believe that the quick change in situation in Sakurai's sentence does tell me that pre ballot would be done and it jsut make sense to me.

However, this also imply that I am VERY iffy on wolf's chances.....

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
sev·er·al
ˈsev(ə)rəl/
determiner & pronoun
  1. more than two but not many.
"the author of several books"
synonyms:some, a number of, a few;More

Not really.

We're definitely getting more than two.
...I thought @ PushDustIn PushDustIn made this common knowledge, but it is not to take literally.

The original meaning was even more ambiguous than "number", It's clear that it is a small number however (but I think it;'s kinda implied to be in plurial).

to me, 2-3 after ballot is likely.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Why do people think there will be after ballot characters? Ballot characters seem like the last choices Sakurai is going to decide on.
I don't. I'm pretty sure the ballot characters are the end of it.

desperation :V
Also, this. Post-ballot characters are like the Smash equivalent of all those people who still think there's gonna be more Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Maybe one, two if we're being REALLY optimistic.

We just got three characters, I can imagine there's not much more for the pre-ballot. Hopefully August comes with a character or two, but even if we just get tournament mode and some new stages that's cool.

A question, but are Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle considered Tournament Legal?
Hyrule Castle was legal for a while in 64, but it's banned now IIRC. Peach's Castle is banned.

Edit: Never mind, PC is considered a counterpick stage occasionally.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
An idea: Namco merged with Bandai a while back and they've got Tamagotchi and Digimon right? Thanks to the usual Japan bias we'd probably get smne kawaii tamagotchi with a moveset based around cleaning up it's poop if Bandai got a character but IF they got a digimon in there... That'd be the 90's kid's Mario vs Sonic.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Yeah, you probably should've read the footnotes.
I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but I figured out how to make the footnotes link to the later part in the document. I need to build a table of contents for my longer posts.

New translation: "Are the Characters Dancing?" Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager article! Enjoy :3

Got a busy weekend/ Monday!
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Layton Article
@TheAnvil King K Rool article
Retranslation of some bits that have been mistranslated (Ice Climbers, Clones, etc) by Soma
Translation of the history of the PoTD for Smash 4 by myself
"Sakurai Didn't Say That" Mega correction post by myself
GDC slide translations by @ DMurr DMurr and myself

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I doubt we'll get anymore, but if we do, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be Wolf, being a popular veteran with little to no issues preventing his inclusion. He's at least in a better situation than the other cut veterans.

:pichumelee: - A poorly received veteran with some Japanese popularity, or so I've read.
:younglinkmelee: - A veteran that was outright replaced by his more cartoonish incarnation.
:ivysaur::squirtle: - They have their share of fans, but few are mourning their losses, at least to my knowledge.
:popo: - Technical issues are holding them back.
:snake: - I can't say I have much confidence left in his return after the recent events involving Hideo Kojima and Konami, not to mention whatever issue(s) prevented his return in the first place. His status as a popular Brawl veteran and a gaming icon in general is all he has going for him at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I really think with Snake, it wasn't just Kojima's/ Konami issues. It was either an issue with Nintendo and Konami (which is unlikely because Megaman and Nintendo is older than 12), or its because of a fundamental design clash. Smash for 3DS and Wii U uses brighter colors while Brawl used realistic ones. Furthermore. It might be difficult to imagine Snake choking a dog, or the Villager.
This is based on the fact that Kojima said Sakurai never asked him.

What woild post ballot DLC even be? What purpose would it even serve? It would explicitly be picking less popular characters lol.

Maybe people mean after the ballot is finished?

Neither hyrule nor peach's castle 64 will be legal. Hyrule is too weirdly built and peach's castle is peach's castle 64.

there are plenty of legal stages already in smash 4 that they really dont need to add more to the competwtive stage list. Especially not stages as jank as those 2.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I pretty much knew that Snake wouldn't be in the base game, and I'm entirely confident that he won't be DLC. It's a sad truth but it's one that I've come to accept.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Why do people think there will be after ballot characters? Ballot characters seem like the last choices Sakurai is going to decide on.
...that';s what I think too.

I think that after the batch of characters chosen after they check the ballot and after....it seems to be it.

I don;t think dev will continue after that batch....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Be interesting to see the ballot characters in any case. A lot of the popular choices I've seen thus on far on ballots are Third Party so it's hard to get a clear idea of who's popular amongst the Nintendo owned ones.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
For those of you who think there's not more pre-ballot DLC...

What do you think they're working on? I know they can base selections on early results, but is that what you would call "ballot DLC"?

I can't imagine they aren't hard at work on another character right now.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
The only veteran I see left is Wolf.
He is the only one I can truly see coming back and as I have said even I doubt it.
Pichu will be extreme lucky to get in.
Young Link. Is sadly a lost cause.
Squritle and Ivysaur are kind of in a Can't have one without the other ordeal because having one and not the other would be extremely disappointing and disheartening. So that means double the work and well. Pokémon already got Mewtwo back so they have actually received DLC.
Snake: Refer to @ PushDustIn PushDustIn post above.
Ice Climbers: If and only if the issues can be resolved. They are a given. I want to see them come back. And I hope the issues are getting closer to being resolved.
I support them all as you know. But this is my two sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom