• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
View attachment 60618
Why can't tomorrow just be here already? I need the next issue yo.

Also speaking of waiting, I have to wait until next Thursday and possibly even longer to get my Soul Calibur 5 arcade stick.
#FirstWorldProblems
So there IS somebody equally as hyped as I am.
Too bad I actually don't own the issues. Although I have watched reviews for all 6 currently out.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You guys remember back when we discussed Punch out music for Smash.
And I went with Glass Joe because of the Acoustic Guitar because I'm a sucker for that instrument.
Yoshi's Wooly World is giving me Eargasms.
The Soundtrack is Absolutely wonderful and I need to go pick the game up like ASAP.
Not to Mention.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That's it!

I know who the highest voted character on the Smash Ballot is!

It's Beck.
First the album of the year Grammy, and now the Smash ballot?

Dude isn't allowed to sing this anymore.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Most of the X-Men comics and characters are a mess. Marvel just destroyed that franchise.
I always attributed those visual differences to art style variations between artists and the medium changing. There's a ton of people (probably literally) who've drawn Wolverine and the drawings are, arguably, of higher quality and resolutions. He's always short and scruffy relative to the rest of the cast, if not relative to his older drawings. As long as he not a pretty boy and is inarguably gruff I cant say I'm bothered by it. I mean some storms drawings take a bit after Halle Berry, but not to the point where it feels she's no longer Storm, ya know?

Concerning going back to wolvie, didn't that take a while "in-universe". And, heck, after whole phoenix taking over several of your friends and destroying nations thing I wouldn't see him in that bad of dude either. Good point nevertheless.

And you've reminded me that I haven't bought a new comic in months. I need to get on that this saturday.
If we're all going to just hang around and argue about comics, I might as well bring up the fact that Élodie Yung was cast as Elektra in season 2 of Daredevil on Netflix.

I dig it.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You guys remember back when we discussed Punch out music for Smash.
And I went with Glass Joe because of the Acoustic Guitar because I'm a sucker for that instrument.
Yoshi's Wooly World is giving me Eargasms.
The Soundtrack is Absolutely wonderful and I need to go pick the game up like ASAP.
Not to Mention.
The Punch-Out music selection was quite disappointing to me, speaking of which.

We really needed some of the fighter theme songs from the Wii game.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Everytime I see Splatoon everywhere, it reminds me that de Blob is dead will never get a new game

I hate you so much Squid Kids

The Punch-Out music selection was quite disappointing to me, speaking of which.

We really needed some of the fighter theme songs from the Wii game.
Disco Kod, Soda Popinski, Super Macho Man, Sandman and the Multiplayer should have been in Smash and then a remix from Super Punch Out as well

If we're all going to just hang around and argue about comics, I might as well bring up the fact that Élodie Yung was cast as Elektra in season 2 of Daredevil on Netflix.

I dig it.

I'm just reminded the Elektra movie exist, why?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Everytime I see Splatoon everywhere, it reminds me that de Blob is dead will never get a new game

I hate you so much Squid Kids

Disco Kod, Soda Popinski, Super Macho Man, Sandman and the Multiplayer should have been in Smash and then a remix from Super Punch Out as well

I'm just reminded the Elektra movie exist, why?
Someone actually remembers de Blob exists?!

What bizarre world did I wander into?!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I remember de Blob! It was a interesting little game.
Splatoon does kinda resemble it.

Also, yeah Punch Out's music selection is lacking.
They should have had the 8-bit Training and Circuit themes (since they had the Wireframe costume) and the Super Punch-Out circuit theme.

Also, WHERE is Aran Ryan's theme? That is my jam...

Khoru

Smash Champion
i've gotten to that one boss in chrono trigger that has the fire and water halves

earlier i actually
i... unlocked all of the chests
and got their contents from both eras
and then i died in the sand dungeon

i hadn't saved since the end of zeal

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Results from a recent poll on reddit.Not sure if it can be taken seriously seeing as wiimote safety man is #4 but nice to see who people are voting for half-way through the ballot

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

Results from a recent poll on reddit.Not sure if it can be taken seriously seeing as wiimote safety man is #4 but nice to see who people are voting for half-way through the ballot
wow isaac is number 2 and sceptile isn't too far behind. i am pleased with this. i'm still surprised that ridley is still even on the list, but i'm not complaining. the only problem that i see here is that wolf is no where to be found. man did sakurai screw him over by not acknowledging the fan demand for him before the ballot? who knows.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Will it's not as fancy as the K rool one...Not at all

But Banjo,Shovel knight and shantae are in the lead in terms of 3rd party
i'll take banjo or snake over indie characters. or bomberman over indie characters.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Paper Mario is behind Waluigi, which, while I'd love him, is not possible right now, Sceptile, which is the 7th Pokemon and would be Blaziken and is not happening, and..Reckless Safety Man, the FUNNEYEST MAYMEY ARAWND!

Okay.

D

Deleted member

wow isaac is number 2 and sceptile isn't too far behind. i am pleased with this. i'm still surprised that ridley is still even on the list, but i'm not complaining. the only problem that i see here is that wolf is no where to be found. man did sakurai screw him over by not acknowledging the fan demand for him before the ballot? who knows.
One thing I dislike about that picture is that it only listed Nintendo newcomers. Third-party characters and especially veterans are nowhere to be found.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
One thing I dislike about that picture is that it only listed Nintendo newcomers. Third-party characters and especially veterans are nowhere to be found.
if anything, they should bring back snake since he was already in brawl. one problem i could think of for him though is the use of weapons. the rating for smash 4 would no longer be E10+.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man, his popularity has really fallen since brawl.
He's a joke pretty much. Most people have many other characters they want and Geno has lost his chances a long time ago. He's old and busted, Shantae is new hotness.

Get use to it. Geno is dead and Nintendo and Square don't care anymore

Burb

The Absolute Worst
He's a joke pretty much. Most people have many other characters they want and Geno has lost his chances a long time ago. He's old and busted, Shantae is new hotness.

Honestly, he was just as big a stretch for Brawl as he is now. Nothing's really changed except that it's been even longer since his last appearance.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I just hate how they threw in Japanese text on the image. The votes aren't international, and shouldn't be misinterpreted to include what Japanese users want. It would look very different if those users were included.

Also the strawpoll has a limited selection.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Honestly, he was just as big a stretch for Brawl as he is now. Nothing's really changed except that it's been even longer since his last appearance.
I actually believe his chances are worst than what they were in Brawl. From how third parties work in Smash and what the requirements and at last the sole fact that Square still hold majority of the SMRPG assets of enemies, NPCs and Mallow/Geno.

Plus it's just that Square has bigger franchises that trumps him badly

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Also the strawpoll has a limited selection.
Eh, I think they covered all the frequent requests.

Could've done without no-shot characters like Ridley and Waluigi, but I really didn't see any big names left out.

I actually believe his chances are worst than what they were in Brawl. From how third parties work in Smash and what the requirements and at last the sole fact that Square still hold majority of the SMRPG assets of enemies, NPCs and Mallow/Geno.

Plus it's just that Square has bigger franchises that trumps him badly
All of that was true pre-Brawl, too, though.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Paper Mario is behind Waluigi, which, while I'd love him, is not possible right now, Sceptile, which is the 7th Pokemon and would be Blaziken and is not happening, and..Reckless Safety Man, the FUNNEYEST MAYMEY ARAWND!

Okay.
Not even salt. Just...surprise.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Yeah, he was one of those fad characters.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

>Reddit poll
>Accurate
You have to chose .
A lot Of people forgot that there a lot Of no-reddit/smashboard user who vote , there is a million Of people from Youtube and Miiverse . And This type of poll Will Never be accurate . Here in Europe we don't give a **** about K.rool Shantae and Shovel Knight . Europe care a LOT about veterant ( yes. Even pichu ) the top 3 are Snake , Wolf , Ice climber and the newcomer after them is Isaac , Rayman/Sonic character , Krystal , Daisy and Simond Belmond . Like said @ PushDustIn PushDustIn people in Japan don't even know Shovel Knight and they have different taste ( wich i prefer over USA sélection Of character btw :p ) those false poll Will just give false Hope to the character fan to their character

Khoru

Smash Champion
the idea that kkr is less requested in any region than daisy, isaac, or ****ing pichu is laughable
i'm not even confident he'll get in and of course that poll means nothing, but... really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom