• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Can someone please give me a brief summary of that leak because I don't see anything.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Keep in mind guys, I'm not calling NR001 a liar. It's just I worry his source might have done to him the same thing that once happened to me. Which is why I want to ensure this is investigated very thoroughly as I don't want to see someone make that same mistake.
Although i can only consider it with a grain of salt now, I do still have one doubt left.

Why would we have 2 beta models while we knew Takamaru was only considered, but not tried to be in?

Chrom, I might get it.....but I jsut am doubtful on why Takamaru model coudl exist and for this manner, I do doubt Chrom one as well.

Can you provide an explanation as to why these models could have existed?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
EVO is locking 60fps quality from people who haven't subscribed. Are you ****ing kidding me.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
3LV bringing the stone age back with those Flintstone combos.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Just caught up on the last 10 or so pages.

>finally a leak that may be credible
>no chorus kids

Chibi-Robo is awesome though, he's in my top 3 alongside the two that my avatar make apparent.
But seriously, no Chorus Kids being considered pre-ballot despite there potentially being work done on them beforehand? Maybe one day... :<

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So we've got reliable sources but we're dealing with Chinese whispers (the telephone game in Americanland).

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm fine with limited chat because the chat is awful but quality limits are absurd.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's literally the only stream I know of that's ever done this.

There's absolutely no reason for them to limit VIDEO QUALITY.
I just don't get why. It's not like the stream is somehow 110% better because you have sixty frames. So why keep it hostage?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so we should cool down with an intresting fusion of monster hunter and pokemon

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Even if the leak is true, nothing is guaranteed. There's basically nothing there. 15-20 characters is seriously not a "short list."

kylexv

Smash Master
If this leak is real, I would love these DLC characters. They are all characters that I somewhat want in Smash:

Waluigi would be fun to play as.
K. Rool would satisfy many fans.
Paper Mario due to being a Mario that isn't a clone.
and Chibi-Robo because he's fun to play in Super Smash Flash 2.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Status update. @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and I finished our chat with him a little while ago. He's currently sleeping if he never said. Now that we have his testimony, @ vaanrose vaanrose @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and myself will compare to that established fact, as well as other things he has said. Suffice to say at this moment, there appears to be quite a few red flags now that we've heard everything he has to say.
By sleeping you mean captured by Reggie :p
Wouldn't that be Reggie?
Here's proof :p

Nah jk Neo. Thanks for doing this with push and vaan, it's really nice of you!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Hi. I'm kinda-not-really new here.
What's up? :starman:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Status update. @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and I finished our chat with him a little while ago. He's currently sleeping if he never said. Now that we have his testimony, @ vaanrose vaanrose @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and myself will compare to that established fact, as well as other things he has said. Suffice to say at this moment, there appears to be quite a few red flags now that we've heard everything he has to say.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I can't go into details. Everything that I'm allowed to be said has basically been said. I've voiced my concerns over a couple of points to @Neo Zero....One of my red flags (that I can at least talk about it) is something I was going to reveal yesterday on SG. Because of this leak I'm delaying the article for a couple of days, just in case I can use it to help or disprove the leak.

AreJay25

So uhh, turns out that the whole "$12 for Source quality" thing has actually been going on for a while. Somehow I never noticed...

The money also goes to charity too, so... yeah.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Btw if anyone's wondering about my sig, it's only relevant for the Smash 4 Social Thread. Still looks cool, though, so whatever.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I can't go into details. Everything that I'm allowed to be said has basically been said. I've voiced my concerns over a couple of points to @Neo Zero....One of my red flags (that I can at least talk about it) is something I was going to reveal yesterday on SG. Because of this leak I'm delaying the article for a couple of days, just in case I can use it to help or disprove the leak.
Do whatever you need to man. This leak doesn't really determine that much in terms of content (as most of them are just possible, and all of them aren't necessarily in development yet). Hopefully everything works out. If you need any help, let me know! If you also want to keep everything between you guys, I completely understand. We don't really want anyone fired from their job...

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
But can you please answer this concern I had?

Although i can only consider it with a grain of salt now, I do still have one doubt left.

Why would we have 2 beta models while we knew Takamaru was only considered, but not tried to be in?

Chrom, I might get it.....but I jsut am doubtful on why Takamaru model coudl exist and for this manner, I do doubt Chrom one as well.

Can you provide an explanation as to why these models could have existed?
Because you did said here:

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

that

Takamaru was (once again) considered as a playable character in Smash 4. In a NicoNico interview with the voice actor for Takamaru, Sakurai mentioned that he briefly considered adding the unique swordsman as a playable character. However, because of lack of name recognition Sakurai decided against it.
Nothing even suggest they would work on him.....

I could get it for chrom, but because I don;t for takamaru, I just doubt their existence in the first place.....

Last edited:

AreJay25

Actually, I do have a reason for why I didn't notice the paywall.

Because I used a crappy laptop for a long time. So I could never even watch Source quality streams in the first place.

Neoxon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoxon
Switch FC
1178 5806 0406
So it pretty much means that the GameFAQs thing is most likely fake, correct?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So if I want to watch tournaments after they've ended, where's the best place to do that? I'm subscribed to VGBootcamp on youtube and some others, but it seems like they have huge gaps where there's no videos for months.

Soul.

I'm only watching the Smash games at EVO because I can't get into arcade-type fighting games. lol.
Still don't know what's going on with that leak. Does anyone mind giving me a brief summary (yes, I know I said this already)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom