• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What if?

And bear with me.

The Inkling girl looks just like her amiibo, because Sakurai decided to add her and she's the Mewtwo of this direct?

''Please understand it will take a while to create Ms. Inkling, so she will be a pre-ballot slice of joy."

Imagine.

Imagine.
It's not happening.
Yeeeeaaaaah, that doesn't really make any sense at all.

I suppose the Inklings will get their chance......some other day.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
To be fair, I doubt that Royu/Lucas will be the only things they touch upon.
This explains a lot.
They separated this because there's a load of stuff coming tomorrow in the patch.
This is going to bee completely separate from the digital event things.

Now I have to ask you guys one thing and one thing alone.
Do you think come Smash 5 either of these four might be cut.
Or are they main stays from now onwards.
:4drmario::4mewtwo::4lucas::roypm:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Given his history on spoilers, Sakurai must be throwing quit a hissy fit right now.

" Those Powerpuff Girls ruined my dinner! " :113:
Sitting upon the Throne of Icarus, Sakurai sipped his Dark Pit brand wine. He would occasionally adjust his plastic crown, adorned with at least twenty rare amiibos.

"Find me the men who did this," Sakurai said, lips curling in disgust. Sakurai pulled his waifu Palutena closer. "I want them cloned. I want them forced to watch the E3 2008 presentation. I want vengeance!"

Reggie, bowing to Sakurai, shook his head.

"I sent Reggiebot, but nothing came of it. The leakers are many, we are but few."

Sakurai dropped his goblet to the floor and stood. His flowing white and black cape dropped to the ground with a soft sound.

"When the leaker stole from my house, you obliged in taking him down with the help of Trinen and Iwata. The ESRB leaker is still being forced to play shovelware wii games. That is what happens to my enemies! YET YOU TELL ME YOU CAN'T CATCH THIS LEAKER?!"

"He works with a sect of Dataminers where our powers can't reach. They can hack the internet to escape my fury. Even Trinen's dream powers from Tomodachi don't work. This is a whole new kind of leaker."

Sakurai removed his cap and threw his crown of amiibos to the ground. The plastic shattered, and many in attendance cringed at the thought of a lost Ness or Robin amiibo. He tore his shirt open, revealing a buff body. He flexed his arms and roared.

"I WILL FIND THEM!"

A Game of Clones, coming 20XX.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeeeeaaaaah, that doesn't really make any sense at all.

I suppose the Inklings will get their chance......some other day.
Oh, look spoil sport no fun allowed Burb is here to play!

"Hypotheticals, what are hypotheticals?! Those don't exist!

We can't allow people to speak hypothetically!"

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Finally got the text unpacked. Going through it now!

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Wow, lots of leaks!

I considered the possibility of Roy being in this patch, but Ryu?! Can't wait to play so both of them, they both look amazing. Roy has an especially cool design, really glad they didn't just use Melee's.

Given this news, I would be that there will be more DLC announcements in the actual E3 direct, with this one just talking about the conten coming in the new patch.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I see you that...

But also raise Chun Li is far more iconic than Ken in terms of her being the first major female fighting game character, etc.

She's as much Street Fighter as Ryu.
Chun Li is very important to the series, but she's not as important as Ryu. Ryu is the face of Street Fighter, and by extension Capcom. And Ken was initially presented as something of a co-face of Street Fighter initially. He was P2 to Ryu's P1.

Still a little annoyed of the lack of Ken or red alt.
But hey Goku's a thing I guess.
I'm a bit disappointed that Ryu didn't get a Red pallette, but am pleased there's no Ken alt. That would have sucked.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Oh, look spoil sport no fun allowed Burb is here to play!

"Hypotheticals, what are hypotheticals?! Those don't exist!

We can't allow people to speak hypothetically!"

Post a hypothetical that actually makes sense next time.

"INKLING WILL BE DLC, BUT WE'VE INCLUDED A TROPHY OF ONE AS DLC IN PREPARATION"

It doesn't make sense.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Chun Li is the star of one of two ****ty live action Street Fighter movies.

Clearly she's more important than Ryu's player 2. I like Ken, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's not weird she's nowhere to be found in a game after it's getting Street Fighter content.

Hypothetical statements aren't immune to criticism.
I'm not starting anything but...

I was very aware it made no sense.

It was just me being silly.

Burb doesn't like silliness though.~~~

That's what I was commenting on.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Clearly she's more important than Ryu's player 2. I like Ken, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's not weird she's nowhere to be found in a game after it's getting Street Fighter content.

You can't keep the queen of fighters out, bro

chun_li_samus_swap_by_spacecoyote-d7v0c4t.jpg

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

well in terms of out of series appearences chunli is tied with ryu(and is often given more cameos(see monster hunter 4 having chun and blanka costumes for your cats)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Post a hypothetical that actually makes sense next time.

"INKLING WILL BE DLC, BUT WE'VE INCLUDED A TROPHY OF ONE AS DLC IN PREPARATION"

It doesn't make sense.
It's definitely more likely than not that this trophy signifies that they won't be in as DLC. Unless as @vaanrose said, the trophy is for a future playable character and isn't unlocked tomorrow.

Shame, but it is what it is.

And yet Ken is in as a trophy and Chun-Li isn't.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm just disappointed Rufus won't be involved. I wanted to see his hypnotic jiggle physics in HD.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Is there any way to get the Inkling trophy in the new update? All I know is that the dude just datamined her image out. It could be unfinished leftover placeholder content or something (akin to Ryu and Roy's music files). Possibly for future DLC of some sorts?

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Unless as @vaanrose said, the trophy is for a future playable character and isn't unlocked tomorrow.
Is there any way to get the Inkling trophy in the new update? All I know is that the dude just datamined her image out. It could be unfinished placeholder content or something. Possibly for future DLC of some sorts?
I think Ken is proof that it's not the case.

Unless he's "future DLC" too.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Inklings are possible DLC is they get enough ballot votes, but I don't expect it (no matter how cool it would be.)

With all these characters coming at once I'm not sure what to expect anymore. I know I'm really confident about Wolf, but I'm suddenly not very sure of us getting any Smash content at E3.

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
This explains a lot.
They separated this because there's a load of stuff coming tomorrow in the patch.
This is going to bee completely separate from the digital event things.

Now I have to ask you guys one thing and one thing alone.
Do you think come Smash 5 either of these four might be cut.
Or are they main stays from now onwards.
:4drmario::4mewtwo::4lucas::roypm:
Honestly I think Smash 5 will feature all of the Sm4sh cast by the time it is fully released with DLC (with one or two minor exceptions).
Largely because of the ever growing fact that we are running out of characters that are truly "hype" worthy to be added to Sm4sh.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly I think Smash 5 will feature all of the Sm4sh cast by the time it is fully released with DLC (with one or two minor exceptions).
Largely because of the ever growing fact that we are running out of characters that are truly "hype" worthy to be added to Sm4sh.
Nintendo can always make some new characters, so the "hype's worth" is essentially infinite.

Naoshi

I figured Ken would be an Assist Trophy that might come with Ryu and maybe the stage (in a bundle?) to be honest.

Nintendo can always make some new characters, so the "hype's worth" is essentially infinite.
Not to mention we will have our usual new third party, our usual new Pokemon, Fire Emblem and whatnot. And there's going to be a lot of games produced between now and Smash Bros 5's development phase.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

It's an unlikely possibility that Ken is just a trophy that you get tomorrow when you buy Ryu, like Mewtwo's alt was. And that the Inkling one is as Vaan said.

But it's obviously more likely that the Inkling is a trophy you get tomorrow along with Ken, and that's the extent of our Splatoon representation until next Smash.

Inklings are possible DLC is they get enough ballot votes, but I don't expect it (no matter how cool it would be.)

With all these characters coming at once I'm not sure what to expect anymore. I know I'm really confident about Wolf, but I'm suddenly not very sure of us getting any Smash content at E3.
Maybe this is a sign that Sakurai doesn't want to add them. They may be in the Ridley/Chrom/Waluigi category if this is indeed a sign that Sakurai has specifically passed them up. If that is the case then no amount of votes will probably change his mind...

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Is there any way to get the Inkling trophy in the new update? All I know is that the dude just datamined her image out. It could be unfinished leftover placeholder content or something (akin to Ryu and Roy's music files). Possibly for future DLC of some sorts?
DLC Trophy files in the text have a _d after them. There's no extra.

FigN_Splatoon_d
FigN_Ryu_d_F

Not the _F after Ryu? That means it's his Final Smash.
No chance that it's for future DLC. Inklings are currently planned just a trophy.

Last edited:

Naoshi

DLC Trophy files in the text have a _d after them. There's no extra.

FigN_Splatoon_d
FigN_Ryu_d_F

Not the _F after Ryu? That means it's his Final Smash.
No chance that it's for future DLC. Inklings are currently planned just a trophy.
Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification. Haven't been catching up much.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
It's an unlikely possibility that Ken is just a trophy that you get tomorrow when you buy Ryu, like Mewtwo's alt was. And that the Inkling one is as Vaan said.

But it's obviously more likely that the Inkling is a trophy you get tomorrow along with Ken, and that's the extent of our Splatoon representation until next Smash.
Well at least we have someone for Smash 5.
@ Burb Burb called it though.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Oh my god.

Roy. Ryu. Lucas.

All maybe released on the same day...

Just take my money Nintendo, just... Take it all.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't understand why some people are freaking out about spoilers.

We knew Roy and Ryu were coming :/
Yeah, but we didn't know how they would be implemented or what their designs would be like.

At the same time and I love Spazzy and Guy. They're awesome peeps. Don't get me wrong, not knocking them or their wishes.

It's very much a ''You know you're risking seeing it in a thread dedicated to leaks." factor to consider anyways.
I don't see leak anywhere in the thread title!

Seriously though, I was and am still here, and I have no real problems with the spoilers. I just wanted to keep a few things fresh for the reveal tomorrow (such as Roy and Ryu's B moves) so I decided to excuse myself from the thread for the rest of the day. I did mention in my exit post that I wanted to be tagged if anything was found that pointed towards future characters or non-Ryu/Roy DLC. Someone tagged me on something unrelated (and, quite frankly, unwarranted) and that left me a bit salty upon my return (where the first thing I saw were Ryu's specials.)

I'm addicted to this info so I doubt I'm going anywhere now, lol. The worst thing about this sort of leak a day before a reveal is that it leaves you wanting more. Now that we already have all this info on the patch I'll be a bit disappointed if nothing else is teased, but that's not really fair to Sakurai and the team. This is a lot of content, after all.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well at least we have someone for Smash 5.
@ Burb Burb called it though.
Yeah it would be nice to have them, but as long as Splatoon stays a success they're eventual shoo-ins.

More room for all those lovely vets to come back after all (and bloody Dixie Kong).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
M e g a M a n M e w t w o R y u L u c a s R o y M i i

There's the order.

domokl

Smash Lord
dosent anyone think they will probably have another character announced to keep the hype rolling until October? probably another vet.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If anyone is available right now, can they prep an article for Source Gaming? I'm finding some new stuff that I want to post, but I want to have everything (Just found the boxing ring titles :D).

Fighting ring titles:

T i r e l e s s W a n d e r e r
B o y f r o m N o w h e r e
T h e Y o u n g L i o n

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
dosent anyone think they will probably have another character announced to keep the hype rolling until October? probably another vet.
That's a possibility yes. Weren't there two more "Mario" files in the initial 3DS dump? I wonder if we might find out about them in the next patch or Nintendo has wisened up.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom