• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sonic 1 GBA came at a hilarious time.

The game that started it all, rereleased as a crappy port in the same year as Sonic 06.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That isn't a title I see being advertised for a big budget according to the leak TBH.

I don't think its Torte City.
I don't see why not, considering Kirby's one of Nintendo's bigger series. It could definitely warrant a bigger budget, especially since it's getting its own amiibo line.

I'm honestly almost entirely sure that Robobot is Torte City at this point.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It really really hurts.

People can't just learn to go, "meh."
I don't really think the community can be blamed for disabling it.

Well I do think people are being unfair towards Federation Force, the like/dislike bare is there for feedback purposes, and people are using it as intended.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There was a problem fetching the tweet
META KNIGHT'S FINALLY COMING HOME! And a Meloetta thing too. Jesus christ this game makes my knees weak. Though I noticed something. Shibata said over 25 abilities and we have Doctor, UFO and Jet. KTD had 26 abilities including Hypernova. Something's getting cut sadly. Plz keep Beetle Kirby
And most importantly...

Look 'et all the Evangelion references we could make with this!

Last edited:
Leak was right. lol
Europe gets all FE Fates versions in one cart.

Salt in T-minus 3...2...1...
Why yes I am salty as hell

Zebei's reaction to the Direct!
Paper Mario
. . .this looks lke it might be Sticker Star style. ****ING WHY. I really hope when we get more info i'm wrong. The game looks beautiful but damn I am worried about the gameplay

Hyrule Warriors
Unless I get an N3DS I don't care. Neat that DLC is confirmed though.

SNES on N3DS
SUPER
****ING
METROID

JESUS CHRIST THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

Bravely Second
Conveniently I will be able to download that demo.
The Catmancer (wtf?) basically being "enemy skill" is pretty awesome. Wizard seems cool too.

Kirby
Not the biggest Kirby fan but I may still get this one because it looks amazing. Definitely liking the looks of the metallic style. And the armor from Mega Man X looks Xtremely fun.

Bandana Dee getting a reference from the amiibo is nice at least

Also smash bros ability coming back is literally the best.

Star Fox Zero
Guard looks silly. Why they made up a character instead of using Slippy's father from Assualt is utterly mind boggling.

The rest of the gameplay looks fun though. Definitely makes me feel much better about the project. Still worried about the controls, which are probably the most important part here.

Anything else I either don't care for (Solitaire) or forgot about already

Rhythm Heaven
Will probably be my first RH

And of course, the big one, Metroid Prime Federation Force.
It's clear Nintendo knows the opinion. That is why it got it's own section. And it really seemed like Tanabe was trying to legitimize the game.
"It deserves to be in the Metroid Prime Universe"

The gameplay looks GOOD though. And i'm always down for some Metroid. Not sure how I feel about the Chibi. It looks nice on the GOLEMS and the pirates, but not on some creatures of the humans

And the story being "Galactic Federation VS Space Pirates" is something i've wanted since I got into Metroid.

Frankly. I'm xtremely hyped for the game. Bring it on Nintendo.

TLDR
Went in expecting dissapointment.
Came out very happy.

10/10

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, the enemies in Planet Robobot look mechanical. Robotized enemies? And the city level with the Waddle Dee in a car was so adorable. Sakurai should have waited a year or two for Smash 4, Tengan Toppa Kirby Lagann should have been his final Smash

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
see papermario
"wow its sticker star 2....not suprising seeing as sticker star sold well meaning the blame isnt on nintendo for this"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait a second.

What does this mean for SuperMetalDave64's supposed 3DS games "leak"?

I don't remember RH Megamix beign in that list.

Is codename Kirby Planet Robobot codename Caviar F or codename Cadillac?

Was the whole Pokémon Ninji thing a coincidence? or is this another Gematsu scenario?
Rhythm Heaven as basically the only thing missing. It could have just been absent. Meanwhile, the release windows for the entirety of the Spring/Early Summer games match, assuming the horse game is Caviar F.

As I said above, I'm almost certain Kirby's Torte City. A small budget game's never gotten an amiibo line before, after all.

Cadillac I think is still unannounced. That, and of course, Dragon Quest VII as confirmed, on top of Niji.

The leak's real as far as I'm concerned.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I have a question: Do you guys think video game quality has gone downhill in recent years, or have people's reactions to new video games just become more harsh?

If it's the former, what steps would the industry have to take in order to fix it, and what specific games would have to be released?
I'm gonna have to say in terms of Nintendo their quality is always going up generally. Sure, not all games hit the nail on the head but goddamn they really know how to refine most of their games. Compare Mario Galaxy to Mario 64 for example.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Three things I took away from the direct...

- PAPER MARIO SUNSHINE! New Paper Mario is always welcome, but once again it looks like no partners and I want the partners system to return badly.

- You mean there's MORE DLC for Hyrule Warriors? You mean I now have to buy the 3ds version? Ugh fine.

- Kirby in a mech suit! Make that an amiibo right now!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So, to sum up what I can understand,

-People hate Metroid Prime: Federation Force for not being a proper Metroid Prime game
-People hate the new Paper Mario game for not being TTYD
-People hate everything else for not being the unspecified games that they actually wanted

The first two points stand on their own, but it's worth asking what people really wanted out of the direct for the third point just so we can get a better idea what the collective Nintendom really wants.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know what, there's something I want to mention about Kirby that's unique to the franchise. It's simplistic enough to literally make any new gimmick and make it work. That's what I like about it, the entire franchise has been around longer than 20 years, and it has a total of 0 bad games because of how well it works

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't see why not, considering Kirby's one of Nintendo's bigger series. It could definitely warrant a bigger budget, especially since it's getting its own amiibo line.

I'm honestly almost entirely sure that Robobot is Torte City at this point.
You know, you have a point, it's possible Robobot can't be Cadillac as that is a late summer title, and if we go by that, then Torte City is Robobot. Although honestly, considering they would probably reuse assets of the Kirby Triple Deluxe engine and the way previous Kirby titles were treated in terms of advertisement, I'm inclined to say its a smaller budget title and that it is Cadillac.

Honestly, I'm kinda afraid YW2 might not come this year.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you thought the color splash was brilliant, this knocks it out of the water!

This is honestly my favorite!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we are all focusing on the direct.

What we should be doing, is praying for the guy that leaked it.

Because he is ******! There are almost no people that would have this info so leaking that makes him obvious.

He's in some trouble now!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still don't understand why people are surprised there was nothing about Zelda Wii U. It's painfully obvious to me that they're saving it for E3 as their megaton announcement/the E3 "Winner" for Nintendo.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

AreJay25 AreJay25

Are you a seer? Because damm..... that is some Alpha 2 I see.

(if this is real, of course)
... lol I didn't actually expect for them to do it. Err, thanks Capcom...?

But I do see Mega Man 7 on there. Can't wait to break my 3DS on the final boss.

I've been mispronouncing 'Agnes Oblige' all this time...
I don't think anyone ever pronounced that properly.

Hell it seems like the entire cast of Bravely Default mispronounced Edea's name :troll:
The joke here is they changed a main character's name pronunciation in Bravely Second for some reason

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel bad that a company would have to dedicate any section of a presentation trying to justify why they made a game.

So the fact Nintendo had to dedicate a section to Federation Force because some people are assholes is just blood curdling to me.

Yes, it's there responsibility as a company to make things fans want, but it's also your responsibility as a fan to trust them enough to try new things without them having to explain them to you.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, you have a point, it's possible Robobot can't be Cadillac as that is a late summer title, and if we go by that, then Torte City is Robobot. Although honestly, considering they would probably reuse assets of the Kirby Triple Deluxe engine and the way previous Kirby titles were treated in terms of advertisement, I'm inclined to say its a smaller budget title and that it is Cadillac.

Honestly, I'm kinda afraid YW2 might not come this year.
Well. . .could you give me a refresher on something?

Were there any clearly labelled games on that leaked list that weren't at least partially owned by Nintendo?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I mean Alpha 2 is better than no Alpha.

But if it's a 1:1 with the SNES port... lol

Also: apparently those SNES games are Japan exclusive? Kind of disappointing if so. Totally would've bought a new 3DS for Super Turbo on the go, even with the ass control scheme. Plus playing MMX would be cool. Never actually played a MM game. Would be good to start somewhere.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also my other favourite part:

This will be the one thing about her I will salvage out of this game.

She looks far too good here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My only problem with FF is how for all we know, there are 0 plans for traditional Metroid games. I remember someone bringing up the fact Prime was originally poorly received before launch, but I don't think that comparison works as Fusion was on the way then. It's literally just FF, and that's why people are pissed off. And Samus went to a Bermuda section...I swear to ****ing god, the plot better not be about saving Samus or the backlash will be IMMENSE

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well. . .could you give me a refresher on something?

Were there any clearly labelled games on that leaked list that weren't at least partially owned by Nintendo?
Dragon Quest VII comes to mind.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
BIIINGOOOO clear.png

My card filled out.

Yes, I know I didn't cross off Paper Mario.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel bad that a company would have to dedicate any section of a presentation trying to justify why they made a game.

So the fact Nintendo had to dedicate a section to Federation Force because some people are ******** is just blood curdling to me.

Yes, it's there responsibility as a company to make things fans wants, but it's also your responsibility as a fan to trust them enough to try new things without them having to explain them to you.
It was on Nintendo to make a good first impression. They failed, they're trying to remedy that. It's not like Nintendo fans need to constantly praise games. They'll say they're rubbish without having played them, play them and then keep quite about it as if they like it all along. Tis how it's always been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom