• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pokemon Go is now available in Canada! So now we don't have to listen to Canadians been left out, just Canadians joining in with complaining about Server troubles.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Pokemon Go is now available in Canada! So now we don't have to listen to Canadians been left out, just Canadians joining in with complaining about Server troubles.
Finally, I can become a Pokémon master.

>I go on the appstore.

>I find Pokémon Go.

>I tried to install it.

>My device is to old to run it.

Yeah!...:ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Thaaaat explaaaaains everything.
LOL if the 3DS Eshop servers crashed and burned a few holidays ago when I'm almost certain it didn't have an amount of people equaling nearly it's entire userbase at the time trying to get on then I can hardly imagine what this would do.

That explains everything indeed.

*EDIT* On the other hand, a lot of the comments on that Tweet are saying it's a fake account, so. . .IDK what's going on with this.

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Also guys I have a very important problem. I need to vote in the final Splatfest before it starts, but I like Callie's design better and yet I nearly always end up siding with Marie due to the topics she chooses. What do I do?
Which color do you like better, magenta or lime green? That's how I decided which side to support, haha.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
LOL if the 3DS Eshop servers crashed and burned a few holidays ago when I'm almost certain it didn't have an amount of people equaling nearly it's entire userbase at the time trying to get on then I can hardly imagine what this would do.

That explains everything indeed.

*EDIT* On the other hand, a lot of the comments on that Tweet are saying it's a fake account, so. . .IDK what's going on with this.
It's not the official account, I knew that when I posted.

But I would assume these guys are getting their information from somewhere.

Then again, I should have really done a background check either way. I was just casually posting it though and I tend to be more lax in that situation.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You don't literally have to walk to the location of the pokemon. The pokemon appears on screen if it's in a wide area around you. If it appears, you can just click on it. You don't have to get up close.

These people are kind of stupid
:4myfriends: Humans may possibly be the dumbest creatures alive.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
:4myfriends: Humans may possibly be the dumbest creatures alive.
Sorry, I can name four animal species that much dumber than humans that are widely known by most zoologists.

Pandas, kakapos, cane toads, and turkeys are easily the less intelligent animals on this planet. That's right, these four animals are in actuality dumber than even smallest insects because of their weak thinking capacity or poor diet (in the panda's case).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry, I can name four animal species that much dumber than humans that are widely known by most zoologists.

Pandas, kakapos, cane toads, and turkeys are easily the less intelligent animals on this planet. That's right, these four animals are in actuality dumber than even smallest insects because of their weak thinking capacity or poor diet (in the panda's case).
Wait, aren't cane toads an invasive species to Australia? I'm sure you have actually seen living proof of their intelligence back when you lived there.

Wow, I never knew pandas are actually the dumbest bears alive. The bamboo don't provide them with the right nutrition for their brains? `

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Pandas are cute so your argument is invalid.

:dazwa:

D

Deleted member

Yeah but are they dumber than a species that created the Transformers movies, funded Mighty No.9, has a fetish for foot and being eaten and the only reason everyone hasn't killed each other already is because 90% of the arguments come from different sides of the world through the internet?

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wait, aren't cane toads an invasive species to Australia? I'm sure you have actually seen living proof of their intelligence back when you lived there.

Wow, I never knew pandas are actually the dumbest bears alive. The bamboo don't provide them with the right nutrition for their brains? `
Oh, you have no idea how much I hate those toads. For starters, they are all over the place like rats. I would always see them in the more grassier areas or even hopping across a street. But that's not going into their disturbing mating habits. These blokes aren't too afraid of getting into necrophilia. Crickey! Just trying to remember that one incident will be enough to give me nightmares. :urg:

Pandas are the case of being big stupid lugs that live off eating a plant that's hardly nutritious. They not only eat all day, but they only mate once a year other than the usual "eat and sleep" ways of thinking. Let's not forget that the mother is sometimes too dumb to know whether a baby is her's or not, resulting in infanticide. Yeah, I'm totally ruining your views of pandas because of this.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I'm sorry, but I have encountered several human specimens that can give these creatures a run for their money....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah but are they dumber than a species that created the Transformers movies, funded Mighty No.9, has a fetish for foot and being eaten and the only reason everyone hasn't killed each other already is because 90% of the arguments come from different sides of the world through the internet?
Agreed. Micheal Bay sucks in more ways than one. Glad I don't enjoy his films.

Oh, you have no idea how much I hate those toads. For starters, they are all over the place like rats. I would always see them in the more grassier areas or even hopping across a street. But that's not going into their disturbing mating habits. These blokes aren't too afraid of getting into necrophilia. Crickey! Just trying to remember that one incident will be enough to give me nightmares. :urg:

Pandas are the case of being big stupid lugs that live off eating a plant that's hardly nutritious. They not only eat all day, but they only mate once a year other than the usual "eat and sleep" ways of thinking. Let's not forget that the mother is sometimes too dumb to know whether a baby is her's or not, resulting in infanticide. Yeah, I'm totally ruining your views of pandas because of this.
You know what, think I'm better off not asking about your experience if it was that bad. I know that ducks are into some freaky ****, but THIS? Jesus Christ.

Pandas killing children is nothing new. Lions, chimps, and several other species do that easily. It's a little something called survival of the fittest. Nothing stupid about eating and sleeping since everything does that. Even an echidna has an irregular mating schedule.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If there's one Australian animal that I want to be wiped off the face of the Earth, it's easily the cane toad.

And now you know why those sick ****s are terrible for an invasive species.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon go has so many memes that are amazing:

But the twitter for it is the best:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It offers some good tips to. I did not know you could pick up thrown pokeballs or how the incense to min spawn works.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm not sure how objective humans analyzing human intelligence is. In the case of many scientists they tend to get smug and overestimate human intellect and importance by a wide margin, but I'm not sure a species capable of overrunning every ecosystem in existence is necessarily the DUMBEST, either. Perhaps it's that we can afford to be idiotic in some ways because as a collective societal entity we're intelligent in others. Heck for that matter, a lot of what we call "idiotic" is pretty subjective.

But then, what do I know? I'm human too.

And as for cute animals destroying your life, how about that arctic food chain? Polar bears killing and eating baby seals and Orcas murdering everything in sight for sport. Whether in Smash or in real life, one rule is constant: the world is all about adorable things trying to kill each other.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Welp, didn't expect to see any of this in Black Flag. The game is amazing. It's so much cooler in motion.

I finally used that feature in Miiverse that allows you to quickly save and store screenshots. :)
Hopefully on the NX it's a lot smoother to do this.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Let me ask everyone here:

1) What qualities do you personally look for in a good main protagonist?
2) What do you think distinguishes a good main protagonist from a bad main protagonist?
3) Who is your favorite main protagonist in a work of fiction (video game/book/movie/TV show/anime/etc.) and why?
4) Who is your least favorite main protagonist in a work of fiction (video game/book/movie/TV show/anime/etc.) and why?

Just thought I'd create start some discussion for once and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Chrono. Chrono.
Ura Ura

http://www.pwmania.com/possible-cau...ed-for-potential-anti-doping-policy-violation

It was a small drug for treating asthma that cause it to spike up.
Doubt it really. Smells like a cover up. I'm going to see how things play out because this all seems fishy to me.

I was almost sure Brock was going to be the No. 1 draft pick before this all happened but it looks like that's not happening anymore. It's either Seth or Cena that get the spot of No. 1 draft pick.
Champ Gold Champ Gold
Ura Ura

Draft rules were revealed.

So 6 NXT guys will get called up.
Took them long enough eh? lol.

Hey why not. Chrono. Chrono. Champ Gold Champ Gold make your first 10 draft picks for each brand for the draft this Tuesday. Here's my picks...

RAW

Seth Rollins
John Cena
Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
The Wyatt Family (Wyatt, Harper, Rowan, Strowman)
Bobby Roode
The Miz
The New Day (Xavier, Kofi, Big E)
The Uso's (Jimmy and Jey)
Enzo and Cass

Smackdown

Finn Balor
The Club (Styles, Gallows, Anderson)
Dean Ambrose
Randy Orton
Cesaro
Sami Zayn
Rusev
Alberto Del Rio
American Alpha (Gable and Jordan)
The Lucha Dragons (Sin Cara and Kalisto)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Let me ask everyone here:

1) What qualities do you personally look for in a good main protagonist?
2) What do you think distinguishes a good main protagonist from a bad main protagonist?
3) Who is your favorite main protagonist in a work of fiction (video game/book/movie/TV show/anime/etc.) and why?
4) Who is your least favorite main protagonist in a work of fiction (video game/book/movie/TV show/anime/etc.) and why?

Just thought I'd create start some discussion for once and see how it goes.
Ah, good questions! I always love having these, especially since I've watched so much anime recently. I enjoy discussion like this so much that it was enough for me to start an anime blog:

1: First and foremost, the main protagonist of any show MUST be someone in which the viewing audience can identify with. They're the main hero after all, so this character must be someone that's relatable and enjoyable since the audience sees them so much. In order to make them relatable, having them be realistic with valid positives and flaws about their character, along with having admirable goals is important. Take Lelouch vi Britannia from Code Geass: while he is willing to manipulate anybody he wishes with his Geass powers that were granted to him in episode 1, he still tries to avoid becoming power hungry with his power in order to make the world a better place for his disabled sister. We see that Lelouch's goal of making the world a better place is admirable, and we root for him because his goal is lovable and ambitious. We also see a balance of good traits and bad traits out of him: he's selfless for his sister and wicked intelligent, and how he manipulates people with his Geass powers is thrilling. However, his dependancy on his Geass powers at times can get him into trouble, and when he uses Geass too much, he starts to slip into the dark side and becomes more power hungry and villainous. Seeing that struggle within the character and the story makes a great protagonist.

2. Good vs. Bad? Well, I explained what it takes to be a good protagonist, but I do know two major ways to have a bad protagonist: either make them a Mary Sue, or make them totally unrelatable/hatable. On the Mary Sue side, we have Kirito from Sword Art Online. At first, I honestly enjoyed the guy because he wasn't overbearing as a protagonist. He seemed pretty chill and cool. However, my opinions changed by the end of season 1 because he's a Mary Sue. He has no major character flaws, and he beats every single obstacle he has with ease. It makes the show more boring, and Kirito more boring as a character. Not only that, but because of how 'perfect' and 'powerful' he is, he becomes a character that people can't really relate to. Even the best characters have flaws that they need to fix, and those flaws really drive the characters and plot of the story. Kirito doesn't have that. On the other hand, you have the completely detestable protagonist, and the finest example is Makoto Ito from School Days. While Kirito may be a Mary Sue, at least he's not a womanizing, sociopathic jerk. However, Makoto IS. How the heck can the viewers relate to a protagonist is the said protagonist has a completely detestable character personality, with no admirable goals in sight?

tl;dr if the character has no negative traits at all, or if the character has too many negative traits, that primarily makes a bad protagonist. You simply gotta be in the middle as far as good vs. bad traits are concerned.

3. You're looking at him :p I ADORE Edward Elric. He's got many good traits about his character that I love. He has a very admirable goal in protecting his little brother Alphonse at all costs while trying to get his brother's body back to normal. We also see how he struggles through his weaknesses, while still using his strengths in order to accomplish his goals. He's very smart, selfless, witty, and very passionate about the science of alchemy. However, he can be too idealistic, short tempered, and can be too reckless for his own good at times. By the end of the series though, we see him mature and grow up, and he also accomplishes his goal. He's got an amazingly developed character, and has many traits that make him relatable and fun to watch. I'm also an older brother in real life, so I can empathize with Ed a little.

4. Worst protagonist? MAKOTO. As I've already stated in paragraph 2, Makoto from School Days is absolutely terrible. He's a total womanizer who doesn't apologize for his actions when he cheats on so many girls at once, and is honestly just a terrible person in general. I don't see how anybody could like Makoto Ito.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man this EVO has been great but we got the main event and this time no need for Twitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom