• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Welcome to the NintenZone Social thread v.2.0! Given this is a social, pretty much anything goes so long as it does not violate any of SWF's Global Rules. Ex. Double Posting (please use the edit button), Media only posts (count as spam), flaming, censor dodging and inappropriate content, advertising,

Please report and ignore any posts you think are problematic. If you have questions, feel free to tag or PM a Staff member. Though if you wish to contest a Staff ruling or site policy, please PM the given Staff member or make a thread in the Forum Support boards; lets not try to keep the thread positive and on-topic.

Given what we have said above, Leak/Rumor discussion is naturally allowed, but we do ask you not to create any rumors/leaks directly on SWF nor to make a new thread for the given rumor/leak or rumors/leaks in general without consulting a Staff Member.

Gaming as a whole can be found in the Light House boards, and Mario/Zelda/Pokemon discussion threads belong in their respective sub-forums.

Thread rules:
1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.

2. In order to keep discussion going, and to prevent 'meme-posting',we are limiting the number of videos per page. Please limit 5 videos per page.

3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.

4. Listen to the mods. If a moderator tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with what that moderator's decision, please PM that moderator. If you do not feel comfortable addressing that moderator directly, please bring the issue to Forum Support. Do not continue fighting in the thread. We will hand out infractions.

5. You must respect the person. You can disagree with their logic, but personal attacks are not tolerated. A minor trolling infraction will be given to first time offenders. Repeat offenders will be given additional infraction points.

6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or PM without reservations.

7. No censor dodging! Posts that are censored by the user themselves are considered censor dodging. Images containing swear words are not allowed and will be removed.

Any questions regarding these rules may be asked to any of the moderators in charge:
@ Firus Firus
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn
@Frostwraith
@Opossum

NintenZone Social 2.0 Bigger, Stronger and Leakier (Feat. Swampasaur)

NintenZone Social 2.0 READ THE OP, UNDERSTAND THE RULES & Swampasaur-Senpai.

NintenZone Social 2.0 Trust Issues and Filler feat. Swampasaur

British Novels:

NintenZone Social 2.0: Swampasaur and the Chamber of Leaks
NintenZone Social 2.0: Sherlock Swamp: The Adventure in Waiting for Leaks
NintenZone Social 2.0: A Swampwork Leaks
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei guessed the theme!
NintenZone Social 2.0: OctoPushy and the Living Swamp

Unused Titles:
NintenZone Social 2.0: Pride and Swampasaur
NintenZone Social 2.0: A Tale of Two Swamps
NintenZone Social 2.0: Oliver Swamp

Mark Twain:

NintenZone Social 2.0: Swamp and the Frost
NintenZone Social 2.0: Swampasaur, Abroad
NintenZone Social 2.0: Extracts from Swamp's Diary.
@Opossum guessed the theme!
Unused Titles:
The Double Leak Swamp Story.
Swampasaur, Detective.
A Push in King Swamp's Thread.
Adventures of Swampasaur.
THEME 3
Swampasaur Planet
Project Swamp
Eternal Swampasaur
Swamp's Air Ride

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Swampasaur in the title as usual, all is right in the world.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I must be in every title.

My reign will never cease.

Luv you @ PushDustIn PushDustIn

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We we're almost gonna make it to 1000! :( You couldn't have waited a couple of more days?

Oh well, reset it is then!

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So last post I asked about the possibility of new DLC hitting the 1st anniversary of Smash 4.

Also I'm playing Binding Blade. And perfecting Chapter 11A wasn't that hard. Probably because I had a Valkyrie Clarine be my high evasive bait.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Still waiting on that Melee 2.0.
First Legend of Zelda remake.
:troll:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That would raise some hell.
Well first before Mewtwo and Greninja we have to bring in all the other Pikachus. I mean, look at them:

We can't have the two just yet. Characters take time!

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We we're almost gonna make it to 1000! :( You couldn't have waited a couple of more days?

Oh well, reset it is then!
I'm pretty sure there would be technical difficulties if the thread actually reached 1,000, and it probably wouldn't have taken more than 24 hours to get five more pages and get to that point (5+ pages a day would not be unheard of here). Better to catch it before the thread explodes. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well, while we may not have gotten a patch, they made tourney a LIIIITTLE bit better... like being able to use Miis in certain normal tourneys... pretty much making them eligible for everything...

...Why the **** can we not use them in For Fun and Glory again?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm pretty sure there would be technical difficulties if the thread actually reached 1,000, and it probably wouldn't have taken more than 24 hours to get five more pages and get to that point (5+ pages a day would not be unheard of here). Better to catch it before the thread explodes. :p
Pretty sure that threads don't explode at 1000 pages.

Case in point: PM 3.6 social thread.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i mean didn't the thread in the old group reach like, almost 2000 pages

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
....sure it was 2k, not 1k.....

Which leads me to wonder, why the split?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I christen this new thread in the name of our princess

Peach is da bomb
image.jpg

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
i mean didn't the thread in the old group reach like, almost 2000 pages
I wouldn't necessarily expect social group threads to act the same way, though.

Pretty sure that threads don't explode at 1000 pages.

Case in point: PM 3.6 social thread.
The mod team was under the impression it was a possibility, and better to avoid that possibility.

Regardless it's been done, whether or not that's the case.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New thread, cool! So how about a new discussion? Who thinks there will be a newcomer in September?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I got so confused for a second. Thought some **** went down and the thread got locked.

Don't scare me like that.

Granondorf is a very old lady, you see?

We are prone to heart attacks.

Giant ancient evil or no, this ticker isn't going to be around forever.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So time for a new beginning for the NintenZone Social Thread! I don't spend a lot of time in this area since I'm more of a character discussion forum squid/kid, but I'll drop on by every now and then to see the haps! Best of luck!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
5 videos per page...
Count it with me...
I'm so sorry guys I had to I promise I'll barely ever memepost again

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hey @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , since there isn't really much to discuss, could we perhaps talk about this topic for a little while?
Who would be each One Piece character's Disney equivalent, to keep it simple we'll stick to just the straw hats and the past and present warlords.
The social thread is closed for 24 hours, so I don't know where to post social stuff like this until its open.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So here's something neat to talk about.

Are you guys interested in Kirby Air Ride 2?

Because a friend of mine got into programming and believe me, this person is gonna make it.

My bud has already recreated the basic engine for Kirby and basic Star mechanics.

Let me give you a rundown of things planned to be put in the game.

• Playable characters expanded to Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, Magalor, Rick and Coo, and maybe more
  • Characters can now jump on and off vehicles no matter who they are
  • City trial is the only mode, but the others are incorporated into it
  • All courses from the original are planned to return as is the basic city
  • I don't know what's up with Top Ride but I imagine it will be an event
  • There will be five different cities, I know one will be Cappy Town
  • Events are toggleable like item switch
  • More options to customize matches
  • All stars return along with new ones
  • Bosses will be in and will act like Dyna Blade, these range from Marx, 02, Dark Matter, Dark Mind, Nightmare, Sectonia, pretty much any big one he can fit
  • After defeating the boss, which will be made to be quite hard, you get a star based on them.
  • Every Copy ability in the series will be usable. Not sure how this is supposed to work but the person is adamant on it
  • Each level would have a My Music like toggle, it would include normal the,was and fan made remixes
  • Several new events would be added

I was just wondering if you guys would be interested in this. My bud wants to get an idea on demand and whether and to see what ideas you guys can come up with or what features you want.

Sad thing is. My friend is terrified. The game would be free of course and would be done out of love for the original game (my bud's favorite game of all time), but he doesn't want a cease and desist from Nintendo like the Mario 64 HD remake got. It's why I'm introducing it casually and it's not it's own site or anything.

Either way, thoughts? Suggestions?

Tell me what you think guys. On the game itself and the Nintendo issue.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I got scared that the thread locked. Bad @ PushDustIn PushDustIn we didnt reach 1000 pages! :p

Anyways, Im signing up for a Sm4sh tournament in a few days. Ima train for this and get rekt

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still subscribe to something coming sooner rather than later. Too much increased focus on Smash's old DLC and the ballot.

Nintendo reminding everyone in game and twitter about both.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Because a friend of mine got into programming and believe me, this person is gonna make it.

My bud has already recreated the basic engine for Kirby and basic Star mechanics.

• Playable characters expanded to Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, Magalor, Rick and Coo, and maybe more
  • Bosses will be in and will act like Dyna Blade, these range from Marx, 02, Dark Matter, Dark Mind, Nightmare, Sectonia, pretty much any big one he can fit
  • After defeating the boss, which will be made to be quite hard, you get a star based on them.
  • Every Copy ability in the series will be usable. Not sure how this is supposed to work but the person is adamant on it
  • Each level would have a My Music like toggle, it would include normal the,was and fan made remixes

I was just wondering if you guys would be interested in this. My bud wants to get an idea on demand and whether and to see what ideas you guys can come up with or what features you want.

Sad thing is. My friend is terrified. The game would be free of course and would be done out of love for the original game (my bud's favorite game of all time), but he doesn't want a cease and desist from Nintendo like the Mario 64 HD remake got. It's why I'm introducing it casually and it's not it's own site or anything.

I havent had enough time to fully indulge in Air Ride (Buts its really good from what Ive played). Id love to play it, but would this be a downloadable game or would you have to run it on Dolphin?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

In terms of the game itself, I wouldn't know. As I'd need to see what it looks like and admittedly I played Air Ride maybe once in my life. In terms of copyright, Nintendo has always been weird with that. Like not allowing Mario 64 HD or their war on Youtube videos, but not batting an eye Project M, Smash Flash/Crusade, and Mother 4.

D

Deleted member

If he doesn't want C&D, tell him to make it more of a spiritual successor, dont use nintendo property, just the same gameplay

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
we're starting over? well lets hope for some smash news soon. the ballot is reaching its deadline in about a month now.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

-snip-
That all sounds great, and I've personally spent hours on end playing City Trial with my bro- we still break it out every now and then too. The thing is though, this sounds really ambitious.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I havent had enough time to fully indulge in Air Ride (Buts its really good from what Ive played). Id love to play it, but would this be a downloadable game or would you have to run it on Dolphin?
Independent from Dolphin. It's own thing.
In terms of the game itself, I wouldn't know. As I'd need to see what it looks like and admittedly I played Air Ride maybe once in my life. In terms of copyright, Nintendo has always been weird with that. Like not allowing Mario 64 HD or their war on Youtube videos, but not batting an eye Project M, Smash Flash/Crusade, and Mother 4.
fair point.
If he doesn't want C&D, tell him to make it more of a spiritual successor, dont use nintendo property, just the same gameplay
Not an option.
That all sounds great, and I've personally spent hours on end playing City Trial with my bro- we still break it out every now and then too. The thing is though, this sounds really ambitious.
Incredibly ambitious, but progress is being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom