• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
That tweet is just as necessary as :4yoshi: color swaps: completely common knowledge and thus useless. AKA doesn't mean anything.
He's obviously trying to crawl under other peoples' skins with this possible lie just for attention.
Eh... I'm still 50/50 on this whole thing. Although the person I got into contact with says that the source has been verified and looks good, it still doesn't mean anything.

The best thing to do is wait and see. These are certainly going to be an interesting two weeks.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So, since we're all over the place and ravenous, why not a crazy theory!

What if the character is Layton?

Now, hear me out, because you're going to have to suspend your disbelief as this only gets crazier.

They say it's a 1st-party newcomer, that didn't win the ballot, but is popular enough that they would be expected to eventually join the series. Roger also didn't specify that his info was Smash-related necessarily, nor did he ever say it was just one thing.

So, what if Nintendo bought Level-5 and Layton was now a 1st-party character that they've been working on for a while, and the 8-/9-10 hype scale announcement coming soon that Roger was talking about is both?

We've had the Layton VA rumor still not de confirmed to my knowledge, Nintendo may be publishing Yokai Watch in the West but they're advertising it like crazy, and Layton is one of the most adored characters in Europe, one that people constantly out in their fake leaks about region-based Ballot DLC because he's that hype a character at least over there, and popular here and in Japan obviously as well.

The whole "it will break the media" is Level-5 becoming part of Nintendo.

----

Okay, so that's my crazy theory. I'm completely aware of how crazy it is, so don't attack me for having thought it up!

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
If there was a smash reboot akin to Street Fighter III, tons of new characters and little to no returning, with a lot of obscure characters to fill in the slots. Who would be your dream roster?
oh jesus the salt levels would entirely eclipse anything sf ever

so who're smash's urien and q

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, since we're all over the place and ravenous, why not a crazy theory!

What if the character is Layton?

Now, hear me out, because you're going to have to suspend your disbelief as this only gets crazier.

They say it's a 1st-party newcomer, that didn't win the ballot, but is popular enough that they would be expected to eventually join the series. Roger also didn't specify that his info was Smash-related necessarily, nor did he ever say it was just one thing.

So, what if Nintendo bought Level-5 and Layton was now a 1st-party character that they've been working on for a while, and the 8-/9-10 hype scale announcement coming soon that Roger was talking about is both?

We've had the Layton VA rumor still not de confirmed to my knowledge, Nintendo may be publishing Yokai Watch in the West but they're advertising it like crazy, and Layton is one of the most adored characters in Europe, one that people constantly out in their fake leaks about region-based Ballot DLC because he's that hype a character at least over there, and popular here and in Japan obviously as well.

The whole "it was real the media" is Level-5 becoming part of Nintendo.

----

Okay, so that's my crazy theory. I'm completely aware of how crazy it is, so don't attack me for having thought it up!
Well, it would explain how @RogersBase got the info in the first place. He's a huge Layton fan similar to how @Tama got the Shovel Knight information as he's a Shovel Knight fan. Seems plausible, but kind of unlikely at this point. It is an interesting theory though.

EDIT: If your wondering what @RogersBase did at Nintendo, here it is.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I would lose my mind if I see a Smash Bros game without :4link::4pikachu::4kirby::4fox::4dk::4samus:&:4yoshi:.

That's something I can't accept. I can handle losing all my mains, I can deal with losing :4falcon: (for a small bit before start getting pissed) but not the others, oh no.

I would probably not be as interested in most series without Smash and cutting all of them out would be crazy. And no new franchises can help deal with it

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Any Smash Bros. newcomer is going to "break the media" at this point.
I have to wonder whether they meant "break the meta" because that makes more sense.

If that were the case... *sigh* I really hate to say it, but that'd most likely be another point for Inklings, assuming they somehow worked in their paint mechanic to control areas of the battlefield.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Literally no one disputed their popularity
They totally did. Just a few pages back people were saying they're only moderately popular. Plus just in general I've heard multiple people claim they won't be in because Nintendo doesn't know how long they'll be popular and that they won't be DLC because Nintendo will wait til the next Smash Bros to see if Splatoon stays popular and stuff. I've seen this pop up in here plenty of times.

Chrono.

I know the hype scale thing is arbitrary but if Roger's a big Layton fan, wouldn't the "cool news" be a 10 for him, not an 8/9 if the news were related to him?

Can't believe I'm even bringing this up in the first place

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That new smash concept is great for a topic! As in:

If there was a smash reboot akin to Street Fighter III, tons of new characters and little to no returning, with a lot of obscure characters to fill in the slots. Who would be your dream roster?

Let's keep this simple with a 12 character hypothetical roster. Mario is a mainstay (like Ryu in SF3) but you get the choice for flagship character. Any ideas?
With 12 characters -
Empty Roster.png

- Mario & Yoshi is what happens when you give Mario every power-up ever.
- Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong has a tag team mechanic.
- Young Link transforms using the Deku, Goron, and Zora masks.
- Lucina uses a moveset inspired by FE: Awakening.
- Excitebike bikes excitingly.
- Alph is like Olimar but with Rock Pikmin.
- Sonic, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, and Little Mac are as they are now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.

We got some Inkling hype going on.

What stage would you pick for them? How would that stage work and list 12 songs you would put on said stage, labeling which ones are remixes and which ones aren't.

Chrono.

So.

What stage would you pick for them? How would that stage work and list 12 songs you would put on said stage, labeling which ones are remixes and which ones aren't.
Inkopolis, going through the various arenas of the game ala Isle Delfino/Mario Circuit/Port Town.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Ok, so I'm willing to admit why I've been so cranky over this whole thing; I want Shovel Knight and I want Inklings. They're actually my two most-wanted newcomers, have been since the beginning (and, ironically, both are characters who had been shot down repeatedly in the past as not being likely). Now, supposedly, they both have leaks that only certain people know about and the rest of us are left to guess - and they happen to be from two different groups of people.

I find myself in an awkward position where both of my most-wanted newcomers seem to be getting a lot of support, but I can't see any of it - thus, I'm unable to back either of them. Heck, if I'm being completely honest, the only thing setting the SK leak apart from the 'popular Nintendo character (but most signs point to Inklings)' is I know the people who shared the SK leak and feel I can trust their judgment. Were it not for that, neither leak would have anything over the other.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I know the hype scale thing is arbitrary but if Roger's a big Layton fan, wouldn't the "cool news" be a 10 for him, not an 8/9 if the news were related to him?

Can't believe I'm even bringing this up in the first place
Layton isn't considered a "Nintendo Character" so it wouldn't be him anyway...

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
oh jesus the salt levels would entirely eclipse anything sf ever

so who're smash's urien and q
Q might as well be villager except you get rid of most of what makes him good and make his playstyle super defensive but still being able to be aggressive when needed.

Not so sure about Urien tho....

A character that is popular but obscure at the same time...

Last edited:

Chrono.

Q might as well be villager except you get rid of most of what makes him good and make his playstyle super defensive ubt still being able to be aggressive when needed.

Not so sure about Urien tho....

A character that is popular but obscure at the same time...
Chibi Robo could probably count.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Layton isn't considered a "Nintendo Character" so it wouldn't be him anyway...
That's why I purported my theory above as crazy, because it would be that Nintendo, in the implies Direct this month, would announce Level-5 is now a subsidiary of Nintendo, making Layton a "Nintendo Character" in the same vein as Shulk. The people who are all involved in this (mainly Stealth) know and are using the language deliberately to throw us off, as that's technically true in the case of the hypothetical above, we just aren't aware yet.

I'm surprised it didn't meet with quick and sudden vitriol due to how outlandish it is. I guess that shows how desperate we are for news haha.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm honestly not worried who gets in. Whatever happens happens. There isn't a single possible character that could be added to make me want boycott the DLC.

But characters I really want would be nice to see.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So.

Stage: Saltspray Rig.

A large stage with ton of unique platforms to fight on, such as large beams, creates, and a moving crane.
Inkopolis can be seen in the background.

Music:
1. Splattack! / Victory Theme (Remix)
2. Splattack!
3. Final Boss (Squid Sisters Ver.)
4. Splatfest Turf War
5. Splatfest Plaza Theme
5. Gusher Gauntlet
6. Octoling Battle
8-12. The rest of the multiplayer battle themes.

Additionally, this plays during the last minute of a time battle on this stage.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So, Undertale, been hearing a lot about it recently. Worth checking out?
If you want an RPG that goes out of its way to defy conventions, and then goes out of its way to defy your expectations of its defiance (inspired by Earthbound), then very yes.

We're also playing it, if you want a preview <_<

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Gotz a leeked screenshot of the new character for you guiz.
I know who the next character is, but I can't talk about it.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Since it's Spooky Time, let's bring up the most scariest thing ever and Kenith Kenith worst nightmare

THE RESIDENT EVIL MOVIES

WHY CAPCOM?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Splatoon stage?
I would choose either arowanna mall or port mackeral. Both would be unique fighting environments and work well with the games theme of fashion( for the gear you wear)) and sea life. Although, really any splatoon arena would be unique. Hammerhead bridge could be cool. As for music:

1) Main theme, splatattack it's usually called.
2) remix of main theme)
3-7) would be the various battle themes( there is 7 with the last update, correct?)
8) the track that plays during the octoling invasion levels( sorry I don't know the name)
9) The splatfest music
10) either a remix of the regular battle theme or the final boss battle
11) Final boss battle theme( which is amazing! Won't spoil the name even though most know it)
12) The second part of the final boss battle( this could technically be combined with the regular theme but it be even better if it could play the entire match)
13) this would be if number 12 was combined with 11. In which case, throw in the main boss battle theme for this number.
14) credits music.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
>claims it's Napstablook
>posts dapperblook.

bruh. get your refrences right.
It's the same character. Don't be so nitpicky :seuss:

Also I might as well get on the Undertale bandwagon and change my av. It is Halloween, after all.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just saw a Chibi Robo commercial that actually makes the game look good. I wouldn't be surprised if that, despite the reviews, the games sound really well. A Nintendo platformer ft a cute main character with a packaged amiibo? Parents of 3DS owners will be buying it left right and centre.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just saw a Chibi Robo commercial that actually makes the game look good. I wouldn't be surprised if that, despite the reviews, the games sound really well. A Nintendo platformer ft a cute main character with a packaged amiibo? Parents of 3DS owners will be buying it left right and centre.
It was somewhat of a ****ty move to make the "do-well-or-die" game of the Chibi-Robo series a complete departure from the rest of the series.
I mean, a normal Chibi-Robo game would be a good fit for 3DS anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom